JPMorgan Chase Employee Reviews

Good brand name, works as a satellite of US operations
Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 July 2014
Although they have a somewhat well-run operation in Canada, it's really an 'afterthought' of their American operations, and managed as such (outdated tech, lots of bureaucratic layers, everything needs to go through the US to be approved). Not looking to expand Canadian operations either - more of a 'token' presence. Management is also top-heavy - very little opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Brand name
Cons
Bureaucratic, satellite office.
Chase Paymentech is AMAZING
GIFT CARD PRODUCTION SPECIALIST II (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2014
- It's my family away from home, everyone is super friendly.
- Great team dynamics, everyone is very supportive and helpful.
- Management is down to earth and supportive
Pros
Team Dynamics is AMAZING! Friendly and cheerful enviroment, Great work life balance
Cons
Needs more technical/software development feels like are a decade behind.
A chance to participate at fundraisers
Complaints Resolution Unit/Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 September 2015
The colleagues are great people to work with. Management needs to change. Phones are very busy. Not a big opportunity to grow.
JPMorgan Chase
Technical Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2015
I support the IT infrastructure in the company. Server, Network and end user technology assets.

From this job I learned to support different new technologies, including the new cloud and video/audio communication infrastructure.

The hardest part of the job is that you have to focus on deadlines and most times you have to know how to work with different group of people to get the information you need.
Pros
People are nice and willing to help
Cons
Long work hours
Nice place to work career advancement limited
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 December 2014
Over satisfied with J.PMorgan Chase just presuing more options as career advancement/security is limited. Management and people are great but HR lacks.
Fun workplace with great co-workers (Paymentech)
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2011
The help desk for Chase Paymentech is a fun, happy environment where you feel like you're making a difference, and advancement is common and encouraged.
Pros
free soda, customer service week
Cons
benefits, necessary to work some holidays
Great atmosphere with benefits and longterm oppurtunities.
Trailing Docs Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TX28 June 2015
Process loans from start to finish. Follow directions given form manger for the day. I learned a lot in eight years in regard to the mortgage industry. Mangement and coworkers were energetic and great to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job was communicating with clients.
Pros
great benefits package
Cons
Advancing within the company
A very nice place wherein management is firm, fair and just.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 June 2014
Answered in bound calls from credit card users and addressed their concerns in a timely manners while adhering to the time limitation, while up-selling other services according to their needs. As in any situation to be always thinking on your toes all the time while maintaining courteous service. Management focuses on the bottom line and addressing employee concerns in terms of job enhancements and work balance. Co-workers are very professional and are always there to lend a helping hand. The creativity of management of how to motivate its employee to do their best in the job while enjoying it.
Pros
Incentives not only materially but some intrinsic such as acknowledgements.
Cons
Fast pace, but this makes you alert
Productive and The work life balance is the best.
Technical Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philippines26 January 2015
Assigned as Technical Operations Analyst. JP Morgan & Chase gave me a chance to learn new things specially on the tools they use and how to monitor the jobs for their servers. It's a happy place to work since most because the team is getting along very well. Hardest part is during deployment schedule we try not have severity 1 issues as much as possible sometimes we don't eat on the right time we prefer to eat after the deployment. The most enjoyable part is the work schedule working 3x or 4x a week is very very nice!
Pros
Learn New things
Cons
Long hours but if fine.
Excellent company to work for.
Client Correspondence Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Surrey BC13 September 2014
A typical day at work - Responded to consumer calls in queue and provided excellent customer service by resolving issues in a timely manner. Coached New Hire customers service agents after their initial four week in-class training.

I learned to resolve customer issues in one call, in most situations. How to listen with empathy to card member’s reasons for past due status.

Management was very helpful in employees reaching their goals and full potential on the job.

My co-workers were a great team to work with. It was very difficult having to say goodbye when the center relocated to Ontario.

The hardest part of the job was having to say no to the customers when their request was not allowedbecause of company policy.

The most enjoyabel part of the job was each time I was invited to invited to quarterly Site Lead Luncheons.
Pros
Site Lead lunches, being able to volunteer in community activities
Cons
Having to work weekends, starting times
very stressful work enviroment
Escalations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TX7 April 2015
typical day at work alot of irriate customers, learned how to overcome when uppermanagement didnt want to assist, alot of negative enegry within coworkers. Hardest part of the job was being cussed at and talked to anyway the customers wanted and the most enjoyable part of the job was when you at least had a couple of people that were satisifed that you could help out of many that weren't irriate and would listen.
Call Center
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC11 March 2013
I processed payroll and provided confidential administrative support to the Call Center Directer and Management Team. My position was eliminated when our entire department was relocated to Salt Lake City, Utah. At that time, I was moved into a call center roll servicing credit card customers for JPMorgan Chase. I became a top seller in a very short time. The most enjoyable part of this job was working together as a team to achieve whatever challenges that were presented to us on any given day as it related to performance and sales.
Pros
bonus money for upselling financial products
Cons
tied to your desk, no flexibility to move around.
A NICE PLACE TO WORK FOR
Administrative Duties (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON31 October 2012
People are quite friendly and less politics.
Fantastic place to work for.
Wish there is more career mobility in a particular line in Canada
Pros
free tea and coffee :)
Cons
takes time to get permanent
in-bound call centre
Financial Advisor & Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 January 2014
Fast-paced work environment with competitive salary and potential to earn commission based on performance.
Hard Core trainig to do job (on top of the world)
Customer Service Financial Advisor (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, bc29 March 2013
Attending at least 150 calls per day.

learned how to communicate with members and cross sell.
Complete sales target assigned by management and always got recognition from management.

Compete with co workers and finished sales targets for the team with the help of coworkers.

No Life balance /Work.

Set own goals most of the time and be your own manager to finish task and sales task.
Pros
free lunches, treats, high inesentives.
Cons
no sick days
Call centre
Customer Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 November 2015
I worked for the JPMorgan Cardmember services contact centre about 10 years ago in Canada. As it was an inbound call centre you can imagine that the experience was not fantastic. There was no room for growth.
benificial and fast paste work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ottawa17 March 2015
Working at Jp morgan chase was a great experience. I was able to inquire new administrative skills. It was a very professional management team. The hardest part of the job, it was a limited work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to collecting from customer.
great place to work
Senior Team Manager (Current Employee) –  ottawa31 March 2015
Great place to work. Good people, Lots of room for advancement. Extremely focus on employee satisfaction and career development
Pros
suportive of internal movement
Cons
oportunitys dwindle as you move up
Business Control Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 December 2014
J. P. Morgan is a good overall job. Company provides good location and benefits. One would be able to advance in this company
JPMC was a good and fun place to work
Admin Assistant/Mail (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC14 January 2013
I enjoyed working at JPMC. i liked my job because of the variety of jobs i had to do. I enjoyed working with my co workers, they were always helpful and fun. I was always willing to help others. I really learned a lot.
Pros
management showed appreciation for the work we did, we had lunches and and different events to show their appreciation
Cons
work load was sometimes a little overwhelming.