JPMorgan Chase Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent employer ! Great place to work . Good atmosphere
Dispute Resolutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 11, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of receiving our daily tasks set forth by management as soon as I would arrive. As a Dispute Resolution Specialist I would help clients solve disputes on their credit card account by investigating the charges or creating chargebacks to merchants when necessary. Management is very helpful and always willing to share information.Co-Workers are very well educated and share the same sense of commitment as I do. The hardest part of my job would be sometimes having to deal with some very unpleasant people on the phone - this usually gets turned around by the end of the call after I have defused the situation and helped the customer. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to find a satisfactory resolution to our client's issues.
Great atmosphere with benefits and longterm oppurtunities.
Trailing Docs Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 28, 2015
Process loans from start to finish. Follow directions given form manger for the day. I learned a lot in eight years in regard to the mortgage industry. Mangement and coworkers were energetic and great to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job was communicating with clients.
Pros
great benefits package
Cons
Advancing within the company
Bilingual service Specialist/ IT Helpdesk support (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 6, 2016
I learned a lot about management skill.
I do have a good co-workers.
It is a very good place to work and build a career.
We do have a lot of activity's
Great people, great workplace.
Client Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, OnSeptember 23, 2015
It's a call center environment but there is always room to grow and learn so the job does not become dull over time. You'll gain experience and knowledge in various aspects of business management, the financial industry as a whole, and technology including front end and back end support. The management team is always doing their best to help you develop as an employee and encouraging you to pursue higher positions within the company. Co-workers and management alike employ an open desk policy, no question will ever go unanswered. The hardest part of the job is most likely the learning curve as there is a lot of information you will need to do the job well, and it can be intimidating when you first start. But the most enjoyable part is the same learning curve, walking away with a wealth of knowledge you absolutely would not attain working anywhere else.
Do not work for Lockbox
Remittance Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2016
Extremely high and Unrealistic expectations/deadlines, extremely stressful work environment, Management is totally unaware of managing people.

Again, do not work for Lock Box
Pros
hardly any
Cons
Too much to list...
Excellent work environment
dispute resolution (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 25, 2015
Very welcoming and helpful management. Very good training and always a possibility to improve yourself.I would not hesitate to recommend this employer
boring class
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 17, 2015
boring training class very monotone very unpleasant
teacher were uptight

learn how credit card works

management was sloppy

co-workers were nice people
the training class wasnt the enjoyable part
JPMorgan Chase
Technical Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 30, 2015
I support the IT infrastructure in the company. Server, Network and end user technology assets.

From this job I learned to support different new technologies, including the new cloud and video/audio communication infrastructure.

The hardest part of the job is that you have to focus on deadlines and most times you have to know how to work with different group of people to get the information you need.
Pros
People are nice and willing to help
Cons
Long work hours
Poor work experience. Unproductive and unprofessional team.
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 8, 2013
I was fortunate to have worked with a handful of highly skilled and professional people while I was at Chase, but would not use these qualities to describe the company as a whole.

In brief, it was disorganized and had too many unqualified people in management and decision making positions. The team I worked with specifically was quite inexperienced and unproductive. There was preferential treatment, promotion without merit, little to no accountability, issues with honesty and ethics, excessive excuse-making, attitude and entitlement problems, and adults having actual temper tantrums. It was a frustrating experience.
Pros
good benefits coverage and annual leave. also free parking.
Cons
everything else. it was pretty bad.
Best company I have ever worked for.
Financial service advisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 22, 2016
friendly atmosphere, excellent benefits, great advancement opportunities, was very sad when they shut down...,,,,,,,,,,,,
awesome
analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 18, 2016
good work place, good team mate, good supervisors, thanks for the experience, best work place i ever had, i would recommand to any one.
A chance to participate at fundraisers
Complaints Resolution Unit/Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 19, 2015
The colleagues are great people to work with. Management needs to change. Phones are very busy. Not a big opportunity to grow.
Call centre
Customer Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCNovember 1, 2015
I worked for the JPMorgan Cardmember services contact centre about 10 years ago in Canada. As it was an inbound call centre you can imagine that the experience was not fantastic. There was no room for growth.
fun workplace
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2015
I enjoyed working there. I was working in there call centre, servicing merchants on the help desk. Lots of on the job training was provided and there was lots of help and easy to get by. Awesome coworkers as well and a great working environment.
Business Control Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 5, 2014
J. P. Morgan is a good overall job. Company provides good location and benefits. One would be able to advance in this company
Fun workplace with great co-workers (Paymentech)
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2011
The help desk for Chase Paymentech is a fun, happy environment where you feel like you're making a difference, and advancement is common and encouraged.
Pros
free soda, customer service week
Cons
benefits, necessary to work some holidays
Productive and The work life balance is the best.
Technical Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJanuary 26, 2015
Assigned as Technical Operations Analyst. JP Morgan & Chase gave me a chance to learn new things specially on the tools they use and how to monitor the jobs for their servers. It's a happy place to work since most because the team is getting along very well. Hardest part is during deployment schedule we try not have severity 1 issues as much as possible sometimes we don't eat on the right time we prefer to eat after the deployment. The most enjoyable part is the work schedule working 3x or 4x a week is very very nice!
Pros
learn new things
Cons
long hours but if fine.
very stressful work enviroment
Escalations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 7, 2015
typical day at work alot of irriate customers, learned how to overcome when uppermanagement didnt want to assist, alot of negative enegry within coworkers. Hardest part of the job was being cussed at and talked to anyway the customers wanted and the most enjoyable part of the job was when you at least had a couple of people that were satisifed that you could help out of many that weren't irriate and would listen.
great communication
Credit Card Transactions (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCNovember 7, 2013
We were advised in November that they were closing the call centre in March. They helped with job fairs, severance, benefits opportunities, time off for interviews, and were great to help us all get new jobs and upgrade our skills.
Good Company
Risk Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2015
Good company to work for and a good learning experience. Pays standard industry average, long hours but rewarding number of vacation days.