JPMorgan Chase Employee Reviews in Canada

Bilingual service Specialist/ IT Helpdesk support (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 6, 2016
I learned a lot about management skill.
I do have a good co-workers.
It is a very good place to work and build a career.
We do have a lot of activity's
Excellent employer ! Great place to work . Good atmosphere
Dispute Resolutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 11, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of receiving our daily tasks set forth by management as soon as I would arrive. As a Dispute Resolution Specialist I would help clients solve disputes on their credit card account by investigating the charges or creating chargebacks to merchants when necessary. Management is very helpful and always willing to share information.Co-Workers are very well educated and share the same sense of commitment as I do. The hardest part of my job would be sometimes having to deal with some very unpleasant people on the phone - this usually gets turned around by the end of the call after I have defused the situation and helped the customer. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to find a satisfactory resolution to our client's issues.
Do not work for Lockbox
Remittance Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2016
Extremely high and Unrealistic expectations/deadlines, extremely stressful work environment, Management is totally unaware of managing people.

Again, do not work for Lock Box
Pros
hardly any
Cons
Too much to list...
Excellent company to work with
FACILITATOR (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 30, 2016
JP Morgan Chase was an excellent company to work for with lots of room for internal advancement. Great work culture and work life balance. Management was very supportive and encouraging each person to strive for excellent and growth. I work with the company for almost six years and would have stayed with the company if they hadn't move to call centre back to the USA.
Great people, great workplace.
Client Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, OnSeptember 23, 2015
It's a call center environment but there is always room to grow and learn so the job does not become dull over time. You'll gain experience and knowledge in various aspects of business management, the financial industry as a whole, and technology including front end and back end support. The management team is always doing their best to help you develop as an employee and encouraging you to pursue higher positions within the company. Co-workers and management alike employ an open desk policy, no question will ever go unanswered. The hardest part of the job is most likely the learning curve as there is a lot of information you will need to do the job well, and it can be intimidating when you first start. But the most enjoyable part is the same learning curve, walking away with a wealth of knowledge you absolutely would not attain working anywhere else.
it's a fun place to work people are welcoming
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 19, 2016
the environment is good because the people you work with are very welcoming, i've learnt a lot through my training even if it was a short training but as i start working i did get good help from my supervisor
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no security to contract employee
great co workers
Management Associate (contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2016
-great energy at work, must be out going and full of energy to deal with clients.
- nice office environment
-great co workers
-everyone helps each other out
-learn to manage time
Pros
new challenges everyday
Cons
stressful at times with high work load
enjoyable and educated place to work
Bilingual Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 16, 2016
very productive workplace, fast past, you get to a different task everyday, so you don't get bored or forget how all tasks are required in a day to day basic
Pros
spirit day every month
Cons
nothing to comment
Great organization
Financial Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 31, 2016
Co-workers are friendly and always there to help the best they can. Great atmosphere and the ability to grow. Good starting point to have customer service experience
Excellent work environment
dispute resolution (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 25, 2015
Very welcoming and helpful management. Very good training and always a possibility to improve yourself.I would not hesitate to recommend this employer
Very diverse workplace
Client Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 10, 2016
I loved the fact that so many of the employees were of different cultures, I could be in another part of the office and hearing another language from another country.

Besides that the training did not fully prepare us for actually taking calls on the floor. But all of the other agents working before hand and team leads are always willing to give a helping hand. Once I actually start taking calls and they become repetitive, I found myself learning a lot. Before this job I could not say I was able to reconcile bank records/statements for missing funds, or explain how payment processing works but now I can.

I find the overall customer service experience is one many would be pleased with. I found I always did my best to make the merchant feel welcome and that I was doing everything I could to help them. Even from when merchants call in more than once, you can see in the cases, previous notes of reps doing all they can. This is something I definitely appreciate in a workplace as I feel good customer service is always important.

What I really liked about my manager is that he would say he does not believe in management by fear. He made all of his employees feel at ease so that they could easily talk to him about any problems or concerns they had, be it criticism about the way he manages to the way a certain rep isn't following procedure, he didn't make it difficult to come forward. What I liked most is that he always had his best interest for the merchant experience as well as his employees.
Jpmorgan chase
Investigator (Former Employee) –  chase ottawaMay 20, 2016
great company with a good culture of team work. very diversified people coming from around the world and pursuing one dream which is making chase great
boring class
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 17, 2015
boring training class very monotone very unpleasant
teacher were uptight

learn how credit card works

management was sloppy

co-workers were nice people
the training class wasnt the enjoyable part
Poor work experience. Unproductive and unprofessional team.
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 8, 2013
I was fortunate to have worked with a handful of highly skilled and professional people while I was at Chase, but would not use these qualities to describe the company as a whole.

In brief, it was disorganized and had too many unqualified people in management and decision making positions. The team I worked with specifically was quite inexperienced and unproductive. There was preferential treatment, promotion without merit, little to no accountability, issues with honesty and ethics, excessive excuse-making, attitude and entitlement problems, and adults having actual temper tantrums. It was a frustrating experience.
Pros
good benefits coverage and annual leave. also free parking.
Cons
everything else. it was pretty bad.
Best company I have ever worked for.
Financial service advisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 22, 2016
friendly atmosphere, excellent benefits, great advancement opportunities, was very sad when they shut down...,,,,,,,,,,,,
awesome
analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 18, 2016
good work place, good team mate, good supervisors, thanks for the experience, best work place i ever had, i would recommand to any one.
Fun workplace, great environment, games room
Customer Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 18, 2013
Basically on the phones all day, very repetitive. Learned to be patient with clients, cause they all have a different story which leads to different scenarios. My management was great, very supportive, The co-workers were nice to work with, very competitive, which was great to work harder to stay ahead. The hardest part of the job was the competition to stay ahead of the rest of your team, which was a great challenge to keep on giving it a 100%, which meant a better bonus on a monthly basis. The most enjoyable part was the fun we had competing with each other.
Pros
monthly bonuses
Cons
very repetitive
JPMorgan Chase
Technical Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 30, 2015
I support the IT infrastructure in the company. Server, Network and end user technology assets.

From this job I learned to support different new technologies, including the new cloud and video/audio communication infrastructure.

The hardest part of the job is that you have to focus on deadlines and most times you have to know how to work with different group of people to get the information you need.
Pros
People are nice and willing to help
Cons
Long work hours
A chance to participate at fundraisers
Complaints Resolution Unit/Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 19, 2015
The colleagues are great people to work with. Management needs to change. Phones are very busy. Not a big opportunity to grow.
Great atmosphere with benefits and longterm oppurtunities.
Trailing Docs Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 28, 2015
Process loans from start to finish. Follow directions given form manger for the day. I learned a lot in eight years in regard to the mortgage industry. Mangement and coworkers were energetic and great to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job was communicating with clients.
Pros
great benefits package
Cons
Advancing within the company