JPMorgan Chase

8.1K reviews

JPMorgan Chase Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent company to work for.
Client Correspondence Coordinator (Former Employee), Surrey BCSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: site lead lunches, being able to volunteer in community activities
Cons: having to work weekends, starting times
A typical day at work - Responded to consumer calls in queue and provided excellent customer service by resolving issues in a timely manner. Coached New Hire customers service agents after their initial four week in-class training.

I learned to resolve customer issues in one call, in most situations. How to listen with empathy to card member’s reasons for past due status.

Management was very helpful in employees reaching their goals and full potential on the job.

My co-workers were a great team to work with. It was very difficult having to say goodbye when the center relocated to Ontario.

The hardest part of the job was having to say no to the customers when their request was not allowedbecause of company policy.

The most enjoyabel part of the job was each time I was invited to invited to quarterly Site Lead Luncheons.
Great people, great workplace.
Client Services Specialist (Current Employee), Scarborough, OnSeptember 23, 2015
It's a call center environment but there is always room to grow and learn so the job does not become dull over time. You'll gain experience and knowledge in various aspects of business management, the financial industry as a whole, and technology including front end and back end support. The management team is always doing their best to help you develop as an employee and encouraging you to pursue higher positions within the company. Co-workers and management alike employ an open desk policy, no question will ever go unanswered. The hardest part of the job is most likely the learning curve as there is a lot of information you will need to do the job well, and it can be intimidating when you first start. But the most enjoyable part is the same learning curve, walking away with a wealth of knowledge you absolutely would not attain working anywhere else.
Poor work experience. Unproductive and unprofessional team.
Instructional Designer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 8, 2013
Pros: good benefits coverage and annual leave. also free parking.
Cons: everything else. it was pretty bad.
I was fortunate to have worked with a handful of highly skilled and professional people while I was at Chase, but would not use these qualities to describe the company as a whole.

In brief, it was disorganized and had too many unqualified people in management and decision making positions. The team I worked with specifically was quite inexperienced and unproductive. There was preferential treatment, promotion without merit, little to no accountability, issues with honesty and ethics, excessive excuse-making, attitude and entitlement problems, and adults having actual temper tantrums. It was a frustrating experience.
A very nice place wherein management is firm, fair and just.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJune 26, 2014
Pros: incentives not only materially but some intrinsic such as acknowledgements.
Cons: fast pace, but this makes you alert
Answered in bound calls from credit card users and addressed their concerns in a timely manners while adhering to the time limitation, while up-selling other services according to their needs. As in any situation to be always thinking on your toes all the time while maintaining courteous service. Management focuses on the bottom line and addressing employee concerns in terms of job enhancements and work balance. Co-workers are very professional and are always there to lend a helping hand. The creativity of management of how to motivate its employee to do their best in the job while enjoying it.
Call Center
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 11, 2013
Pros: bonus money for upselling financial products
Cons: tied to your desk, no flexibility to move around.
I processed payroll and provided confidential administrative support to the Call Center Directer and Management Team. My position was eliminated when our entire department was relocated to Salt Lake City, Utah. At that time, I was moved into a call center roll servicing credit card customers for JPMorgan Chase. I became a top seller in a very short time. The most enjoyable part of this job was working together as a team to achieve whatever challenges that were presented to us on any given day as it related to performance and sales.
Fun workplace, great environment, games room
Customer Support Advisor (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJuly 18, 2013
Pros: monthly bonuses
Cons: very repetitive
Basically on the phones all day, very repetitive. Learned to be patient with clients, cause they all have a different story which leads to different scenarios. My management was great, very supportive, The co-workers were nice to work with, very competitive, which was great to work harder to stay ahead. The hardest part of the job was the competition to stay ahead of the rest of your team, which was a great challenge to keep on giving it a 100%, which meant a better bonus on a monthly basis. The most enjoyable part was the fun we had competing with each other.
Fun Place to work
Bilingual French Help Desk Technician II (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 22, 2013
Chase is definitely a great place to work. Managers are friendly and always ready to help the new hired. Inside the building it's about the merchants who represent our pride. they are the reason of our existence as a business. We come every day having them in our mind, thinking how we can help them the best way we can possibly think of. The hardest part is to understand quickly the issues at hand and bring a solution on the spot. Ironically, it is the most enjoyable part of the job as well being able to provide a solution to the problem, a response to the question and everybody is happy.
Productive and The work life balance is the best.
Technical Operations Analyst (Former Employee), PhilippinesJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: learn new things
Cons: long hours but if fine.
Assigned as Technical Operations Analyst. JP Morgan & Chase gave me a chance to learn new things specially on the tools they use and how to monitor the jobs for their servers. It's a happy place to work since most because the team is getting along very well. Hardest part is during deployment schedule we try not have severity 1 issues as much as possible sometimes we don't eat on the right time we prefer to eat after the deployment. The most enjoyable part is the work schedule working 3x or 4x a week is very very nice!
challenging but fun working environment
Chargebacks advisor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 10, 2014
Receive inbound calls from customers inquiring about their credits. Provide each client personalize attention. As a liaison between the client and the merchant, my main task was to perform an investigation and contact the merchant to solve the issue. Follow up with client 30 days after the resolution was taken. Perform chargeback if the merchant doesn’t comply or honor promises made to a client. Send personalize letters to both client and merchant when a resolution was taken.
Hard Core trainig to do job (on top of the world)
Customer Service Financial Advisor (Full Time) (Former Employee), Surrey, bcMarch 29, 2013
Pros: free lunches, treats, high inesentives.
Cons: no sick days
Attending at least 150 calls per day.

learned how to communicate with members and cross sell.
Complete sales target assigned by management and always got recognition from management.

Compete with co workers and finished sales targets for the team with the help of coworkers.

No Life balance /Work.

Set own goals most of the time and be your own manager to finish task and sales task.
JPMorgan Chase
Technical Operation Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 30, 2015
Pros: People are nice and willing to help
Cons: Long work hours
I support the IT infrastructure in the company. Server, Network and end user technology assets.

From this job I learned to support different new technologies, including the new cloud and video/audio communication infrastructure.

The hardest part of the job is that you have to focus on deadlines and most times you have to know how to work with different group of people to get the information you need.
Good brand name, works as a satellite of US operations
Summer Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJuly 29, 2014
Pros: brand name
Cons: bureaucratic, satellite office.
Although they have a somewhat well-run operation in Canada, it's really an 'afterthought' of their American operations, and managed as such (outdated tech, lots of bureaucratic layers, everything needs to go through the US to be approved). Not looking to expand Canadian operations either - more of a 'token' presence. Management is also top-heavy - very little opportunity for advancement.
very stressful work enviroment
Escalations Manager (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXApril 7, 2015
typical day at work alot of irriate customers, learned how to overcome when uppermanagement didnt want to assist, alot of negative enegry within coworkers. Hardest part of the job was being cussed at and talked to anyway the customers wanted and the most enjoyable part of the job was when you at least had a couple of people that were satisifed that you could help out of many that weren't irriate and would listen.
Great atmosphere with benefits and longterm oppurtunities.
Trailing Docs Mortgage Processor (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJune 28, 2015
Pros: great benefits package
Cons: Advancing within the company
Process loans from start to finish. Follow directions given form manger for the day. I learned a lot in eight years in regard to the mortgage industry. Mangement and coworkers were energetic and great to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job was communicating with clients.
productive and fun work place
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 1, 2014
be responsible for servicing the Visa Marriott, Chase Gold, Best Buy, Future Shop, Amazon and future partner customer calls.
Completing customer service requests, card activation and other miscellaneous phone inquiries from our customers.
enjoy multi-tasking, problem solving and working in a high-paced environment.
Co-workers are nice and fun :)
Chase Paymentech is AMAZING
GIFT CARD PRODUCTION SPECIALIST II (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 25, 2014
Pros: team dynamics is amazing! friendly and cheerful enviroment, great work life balance
Cons: needs more technical/software development feels like are a decade behind.
- It's my family away from home, everyone is super friendly.
- Great team dynamics, everyone is very supportive and helpful.
- Management is down to earth and supportive
benificial and fast paste work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), ottawaMarch 17, 2015
Working at Jp morgan chase was a great experience. I was able to inquire new administrative skills. It was a very professional management team. The hardest part of the job, it was a limited work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to collecting from customer.
flexible hours but sad environment
Customer correspondence dispute agent (Current Employee), ottawa, ONJanuary 6, 2013
I usually enjoy my job when I'm into a friendly environment but this one is not the case since the environment is far from been friendly.
My main focus right now is to finance my education and this job as given me flexible hours in order to finish up with my education.
Loved job and career opportunities
Financial Advisor Credit Card Services (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: free coffee, water, great atmosphere with lots of windows and natural light
Cons: lay off
Company took all work out of Vancouver and laid us all off. Little job stability in the call. center environment when working for an international company.
Fun workplace with great co-workers (Paymentech)
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2011
Pros: free soda, customer service week
Cons: benefits, necessary to work some holidays
The help desk for Chase Paymentech is a fun, happy environment where you feel like you're making a difference, and advancement is common and encouraged.
Headquarters