We are looking for freelance copyeditors to copyedit papers for JMIR Publications!
JMIR Publications is an open access academic publisher based in Toronto, Canada, and is the leading publisher of peer-reviewed journals in the eHealth domain. We are the leading open access publisher focusing on technology and bioengineering in health, and are expanding into other areas. Our mission is to reinvent research communication through grassroots, researcher-driven innovation in every aspect of peer-reviewed publishing, making use of Internet, social media, and mobile technologies, and we are currently expanding into other science domains.
Recent successful journal launches include JMIR Research Protocols and interactive Journal of Medical Research (i-JMR). To expand our journal portfolio we are continuously looking for gaps in the journal market, societies interested in creating new journals or looking for new publishers, and visionary and highly regarded scientists, primarily working at the intersections between technology and medicine, to lead the creation and development of new journals in emerging disciplines and rapidly expanding research areas. Building on the JMIR brand, possible new titles could include JMIR mHealth, JMIR Serious Games, JMIR Bioinformatics, JMIR Biomedical Engineering, or individual titles without the JMIR branding in the title.
- you must have excellent English writing skills (native English speaker preferred)
- you must be extremely familiar with AMA styles
- you should be familiar with technical, scientific, and academic medical writing (please specify your related experience)
- you must be able to work under specified timelines and meet tight deadlines
- you must have excellent communication skills
- you must be detail-oriented
- you should have a good understanding of how statistics in medicine should be reported
- you should be comfortable with using Web-based tools and interface (we are using an innovative Web-based reference checking software (OrangeX)
If you are qualified and interested, please send us:
- your resume
- a cover letter including your hourly rate and hours/week you are available
Only successful candidates from this initial screen will be contacted to copyedit a sample paper, after which the final decision will be made.