We are seeking a Technical Project Manager for our telecom client in Toronto,ON
- Technical experience in Satellite, Cable and/or IPTV server or client software environment.
- Must be able to understand and communicate technical and design concepts.
- Should be able to understand, at a high level, areas such as interfaces, data flow, memory management, timing and error recovery.
- Development Methodology: Must understand and be able to lead: requirements gathering, architecture, design, software estimating, defect analysis, test analysis and planning, configuration management, release management and test automation. Understanding of Agile programming methodologies is an advantage.
- Project Management: Must understand the structure of a development project and be able to construct a plan using MS Project. Must be able to track progress and identify and resolve issues and conflicts. Must be able to report project status.
Preferred Experience :
Formal Project management training such as PRINCE2, PMI-CAPM or PMI-PMP is preferred
Training and/or experience in Agile methodologies (e.g., SCRUM Master) or equivalent is preferred
Role and Responsibilities :
- Take ownership of part, all or several projects and deliver the completed software to the customer as part of the delivery organization.
- Prepare and deliver the project’s technical strategy
- Assist with definition of the solution architecture, and then drive implementation of the architecture.
- Identify, negotiate and commit technical resources
- Identify and negotiate task and component ownership
- Review estimates and approve development schedules
- Drive the development, track progress and review quality
- Manage technical 3rd party relationships and dependencies.
- Manage relationships between R&D sites
- Develop processes to improve the efficiency of development activities.
- Ensure that R&D delivers quality products that satisfy the customer requirements
- Travel (up to 50%) may be required.
Required Education :
Minimum of degree qualified in electronic, communications, software engineering or a related discipline.
Alternatively a candidate with significant proven experience within the broadcast industry will be considered also.