Project Duration : 1 Year
Key requirements woudl be that the SharePoint Architect has the following
1. 3-5 yrs experience in SharePoint
2. Experienced in SharePoint 2007 to 2010 migration
3. Experienced in Metalogix tool which will be used for the migration
The Job :
The SharePoint Engineering team is responsible for the build of the SharePoint platform for firm wide collaboration as well as application hosting & development, both internal and external. Besides providing platform expertise, we offer economies of scale and ease of management by creating management & SDLC tools, APIs and other services for easy deployment of critical applications. A lot of our work involves enhancing the vendor offering, filling gaps and influencing the future roadmap of the product with the vendor.
The Candidate :
The candidate will be part of a team that is responsible for the design, engineering and rollout of the SharePoint platform by addressing key deficiencies, integration with
other systems, solution development along with application design & consulting for our business. Job will involve working on cutting edge technologies and access to non-
public/un-disclosed vendor & product breakthroughs.
What we are looking for :
We seek a SharePoint engineer/developer with a strong understanding of SharePoint sites to handle the migration of SharePoint 2007 sites to a SharePoint 2010 farm.
A self starter with an ability to work in a globally dispersed team and clients spanning over 40,000 sites.
Strong understanding of SharePoint 2007 and SharePoint 2010 and the underlying technologies
- Experience with Metalogix Migration software
- C#/.Net Developement
- Powershell development
- Expert with SharePoint Designer modified sites and remediation including UI design and workflows
- Expert with HTML/CSS/XML/XSLT/CAML
- Extensive migration experience of SP2007 sites
- Experience with SSO (SiteMinder or NTLM/Kerberos)
- 80% technical proficiency / 20% Project management & Coordination
- Hands on experience in resolving migration issues specific to each site
- Project management experience to coordinate with different owners since we have over 40,000 sites each with a different set of owners
- Coordination, planning and execution of the migration
- Is able to take a task and run with it
- Is able to track issues, resolve them, escalate to the core engineering or Microsoft support as needed
- Strong communication skills as client interaction is required with many owners ranging from Business to technical users
- Excellent problem solver
- Excellent understanding of web technologies
- Very detailed oriented