JJM Construction is involved in all aspects of construction such as heavy civil, structural, marine construction and environmental and navigational dredging. JJM is committed to providing every project with a highly skilled work force, a highly respected management team, highly developed quality control and safety programs and a commitment to growth, stability, quality and performance to get the job done right.
We are seeking a maternity leave temp to cover our Payroll and Human Resources Functions.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have a minimum of 3-5 years of payroll experience. An accounting background combined with your hands-on experience working on payroll processes and procedures should enable you to consider yourself a payroll subject matter expert. A background in Human Resources is also an asset.
- Performs bi weekly payroll for all hourly unionized employees
o Ensures all employees’ daily time sheets are received and entered into payroll in a timely fashion
o Ensures new hires and rehires are entered into payroll
o Updates the CRA spreadsheet and makes remittance requisitions
o Prepares and files ROEs
o Maintains the General Ledger accounts related to payroll
Posts HST journal entries as required
o Updates WCB earnings and makes remittance requisitions quarterly
o Transmits payroll records in a timely manner to bank for automated payment
- Creates, updates and distributes the employee overtime reports
- Prepares monthly remittances related to healthcare, auto taxable benefits, and training and development
- Equipment entry required
- Performs drivers abstracts and forwards them to ICBC
- Prepares monthly Executives packages
- Ensures all employee records are maintained according to privacy legislation.
- Ensures hard copies are filed correctly for monthly financial reports and the spreadsheets are updated.
- Responsible for annual T4’s preparation and filing.
- Responsible for month end closing processes, including: preparation of month-end and year-end statements & financial reports.
- Maintains employee files
- Administers hourly employee attendance tracking (vacation, sick days, etc.).
o Ensures hard copies are filed correctly and the spreadsheet is updated.
o Provides monthly management reporting.
- Updates training certifications as they are completed and ensures all employee files are updated with the related information
o Reports updates related to training and costs on a monthly basis to management
- Ensures any employee changes are entered in to the dispatch list for weekly updates
- Recruitment function- must maintain, manage and vet through the careers inbox each week
- Must ensure new hires complete their sign on packages in the office and the JJM required safety training online.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- 3+ years’ experience in payroll and payroll coordination
- An accounting background
- Experience in Human Resources and or recruitment would be an asset
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working in an office setting
- The ability to want to learn and expand your career
- MS Outlook experience a plus
Additional requirements that would add to your success
- Experience working administratively in a unionized company
- Experience in construction environment
- Advanced Word/Excel
- Explorer payroll experience
- An understanding of cost accounting
If you believe you could be a fit for this posting. Please email your most updated resume with the subject line: Maternity Leave Temp