JJM Construction is involved in all aspects of construction such as heavy civil, structural, marine construction and environmental and navigational dredging. JJM is committed to providing every project with a highly skilled work force, a highly respected management team, highly developed quality control and safety programs and a commitment to growth, stability, quality and performance to get the job done right.
We are seeking an experienced Friction Crane Operator to join our growing team.
Friction Crane experience is required
Dredge experience is an required
Pile driving experience is an asset
The cranes we run at JJM
Grove 60 ton
Manitowoc 150 ton pedestal - TO1010
Manitowoc 175 ton crawler - TO1258
What the work is like at JJM
Our crane operators operate cranes to lift, move, or place equipment and materials at our construction sites.
As a crane operator, your duties may include:
- Operating cranes to lift, move or place equipment and materials
- Inspecting cranes and calculating crane capacities
- Assisting the equipment division in assembly of cranes on site
- Assisting our mechanics in the maintenance of the cranes
- Other duties as required
The standard work week for crane operators is 40 hours (8 hours a day, 5 days a week). As with many careers in construction, there are peak periods that will require you to work overtime. The number of hours you work each week depends on the site. As a crane operator, you will work outdoors, often in noisy conditions. Our crane operators work closely with other equipment operators and with ground crews.
Being a successful crane operator requires these critical factors:
- Good communication skills
- Operation experience on cranes
- Working knowledge of crane maintenance
- A valid drivers license
Additional requirements that would add to your success:
- Experience working underwater with tides
- Knowledge of the Manitowoc Vicon Systems
- Knowledge of GPS
- Barge maintenance
- Working with others
If you believe you could be a fit for this posting. Please email your most updated resume with the subject line: Friction Crane Operator.