JEBCO is currently looking for an experienced individual with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in heavy manufacturing industry of Process Equipment for the Mining, Water-Treatment and Petro-Chemical Industries to fill the position Project Manager.
The Project Manager will report directly to the Operations Manager and be part of a dynamic top performing team. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes benefits and an opportunity to work for a growing company in Barrie.
- Planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical and management aspects of projects
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Manage project budget
- Define project tasks and resource requirements and track deliverables
- Map risks, identify contingency actions and develop risk plan
- Obtain Quotations for Engineering Change Notices (ECN)
- Participate in meetings and resolving project issues promptly
- Coordinate QA self-inspection of all parts and record all as built information on drawings and/or reports
- QA as required with off-site inspections
- Maintain & update the shop drawings log, review shop drawings and submittals
- Assist with shipping, preparation of waybills, certificate of origin documents, labeling and general warehouse organization of customer free issue items.
- Sequence activities to meet delivery dates
- Identify techniques for quality control and define quality expectations
- Development of sub-contractors and coordination of products to be outsourced acting as a liaison with subcontractors in expediting drawings and related information.
Essential Responsibilities with Customer:
- Regular & professional contact with Project Customer by email, telephone and meetings
- Effectively work with customer in a professional manner when dealing with sensitive issues such as job extras, shipment delays or manufacturing errors.
- Ensure customer supplied items are received in accordance with our fabrication schedule
- Handle all customer inquiries, provide delivery and order confirmations in a timely fashion
To submit a resume the candidate must have:
- Project Management Certification or knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management, and project management techniques and tools
- Minimum 3 year college diploma in a Mechanical Engineering Technologist program or similar, with AutoCAD / Inventory Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Project Management role in the heavy manufacturing industry; Project Management Certification an asset
- Computer skills including MS Office products, AutoCAD, ERP Systems
- Knowledge of ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Codes
- Ability to read and interpret welding blueprints, mechanical drawing specifications and manuals
- Proven experience in change management
- Proven experience in strategic management
- Ability to recognize problems, take action and assist in the required solutions
- Ability to manage up to 5 ongoing projects
We thank all applicants but only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Indeed - 12 months ago