Job Title: Registered Nurse ED
Salary: depending on experience
Shift: 12 hr shifts, both days and nights available
We only have until Tuesday to confirm your interest please contact MSI on 647-292-1123 or 1-866 274 0270 the last date we can accept nurses for this job is Tuesday or Wednesday to have the nurse ready for orientation. The first nurse to accept this assignment must respond to this email or call 24/7 to confirm or request more information for this assignment.
MSI is seeking Registered Nurses to provide direct nursing care to patients, deliver health education programs and provide consultative services regarding issues relevant to the practice of nursing.
Minimum 1 year recent ED RN experience and ACLS required. Certification / Licensure: Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, and Registered Nurse - ON.
Patient care areas are designed and specially equipped to care for all medical and surgical emergencies affecting patients of all ages including the neonate to the geriatric. Staffing consists of Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Patient Care Technicians and Unit Secretaries. Staffing is distributed over 3 shifts (nights and days).
General duty registered nurses perform some or all of the following duties:
- Demonstrates knowledge of the levels of growth & development and is skilled in providing age appropriate care for the seriously/critically ill adult and geriatric patient in the critical care setting.
- Accurately interprets physical exam data, lab values, homonymic, 12 Lead EKG, arrhythmias, ABGs and makes appropriate nursing decisions and interventions. Initiation and maintenance of presser and anti-arrhythmic agents, Cardiac drugs, anti-hypertensive drugs.
- Intervenes appropriately in emergency situations. Experience with defibrillation, PA catheters, temporary pacemakers, ventilators, and arterial lines.
- Assess patients to identify appropriate nursing interventions
- Collaborate with members of an interdisciplinary health team to plan, implement, co-ordinate and evaluate patient care in consultation with patients and their families
- Administer medications and treatments as prescribed by a physician or according to establish policies and protocols
- Monitor, assess, address, document and report symptoms and changes in patients' conditions
- Operate or monitor medical apparatus or equipment
- Assist in surgery and other medical procedures
- May supervise licensed practical nurses and other nursing staff
- May develop and implement discharge planning process on admission of patients
- May teach and counsel patients and their families on health-related issues in collaboration with other health care providers.
Education and Licensing Requirements
- Completion of a university, college or other approved registered nursing program is required. Associates Degree in Nursing, BLS, ACLS
- Additional academic training or experience is required to specialize in a specific area of nursing.
- CNO RN License
- Critical or Clinical experience as a registered nurse is required.
- Valid Police clearance
- TB Clearance Mask Fit
The nurse we accept this assignment will receive paid orientations & training, from the hospital which consists ER Training along with other nursing related protocols. This is to help you get familiar with the hospital & location.
Relief Assignments Information
1. Orientation Starting Date: June 27th 28th or 29th or 30th (this is flexible dates)
2. First shift: July 1st 2013
3. Assignment length: 2-6 months we are flexible on your schedule even short month is OK
4. Accommodation: Accommodation provided to the nurse
5. Travel: Paid Train fair or bus fare paid if driving a car you will receive a travel allowance
6. Hours per week: 12 hours shifts. 48 hours a week or more. Lowest is 38.5 hours a week.
Toll 1-866 274 0270