JBS Food Canada Inc. is one of the largest beef processors in Canada. We are currently looking for qualified ESL instructors to teach a one-year English language-training program to our Temporary Foreign Worker (TFW) employees. The program operates under Recruiting and Human Resources to prepare TFW employees for their government-mandated English exam. The instructor will work with the instructional team and program manager to provide language instruction and training at Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) Levels 1 to 4 in Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking. This is a contract position and will be a minimum of 20 classroom hours per week.
As a member of the team you will be responsible for a variety of duties including:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare lesson plans and materials
- Teach learners using a variety of course books including across the four skill areas, as well as pronunciation and grammar. Improve reading, writing, listening and speaking skills of learners from diverse backgrounds.
- Evaluate learner performance and achievement of target outcomes
- Mark essays, quizzes and assignments
- Maintain a learning portfolio for each learner
- Keep records of learner progress
- Customize course content and instruction to class needs
- Contribute to the ongoing development of course instructional material
- Administer and score initial placement assessments
- Administer and score course learning-outcomes assessments
- Keep daily attendance records
- Submit all records to Recruiting periodically.
- Attend weekly staff-team meetings. Collaborate with instructional team to address concerns and contribute to program development.
- Creatively contribute to and participate in extra-curricular, community, and/or field-trip activities with learners on a monthly basis
- TESL Canada, CELTA, or TEFL certification
- Degree or Diploma from an accredited university
- Minimum 3 years experience, preferably teaching adults
- Intercultural awareness and sensitivity
- Experience with Canadian Language Benchmarks an asset
- Familiarity with CELPIP exam an asset
Wage will depend on qualifications
JBS Food Canada Inc.
PO Box 1868 Brooks AB T1R 1C6
Phone: 403-501-2223 Fax: 403 501 2239