JADE Engineers Inc. is a results based entrepreneurial engineering firm that has been servicing Ontario for over 5 years. JADE specializes in niche requirements that are small, require specific training and are crucial to many parts of jobs. JADE has a proven record of being experts and leaders in the niche areas of structural engineering, fall protection, lifting devices, aerial devices, and mobile cranes. Candidates have the opportunity to be part of our growth while gaining invaluable experience.
JADE Engineers Inc. offers a work experience like nowhere else. We are a company that has the ability to generate, nurture, cultivate and increase self confidence in its employees. JADE also offers competitive remuneration, comprehensive benefits packages, technical development, career opportunities, team building events and recognition of achievements. If you like being challenged, pushing your knowledge limits, thinking outside the box and solving real problems, JADE Engineers is the place for you.
We are currently looking for a qualified, energetic and motivated Senior Structural Engineer who will utilize their experience and knowledge to develop practical, hands-on designs and solutions while contributing to increased profit, customer satisfaction and both professional and personal development.
The successful candidate will have the following qualities:
- A desire to learn and grow in a competitive consulting environment
- A strong ability to learn new concepts independently and quickly
- Work under pressure and achieve dynamic deadlines under limited supervision
- Prepare scope of work, quote, schedule and budget projects
- Meet with clients to analyze their needs and requirements and provide recommendations
- Liaise with other engineers, designers and project managers
- Perform engineering duties that require exercise of judgement and application of structural engineering principles and practices, including, but not limited to, structural analysis and design in JADE’s niche markets
- Build relationships with clients and ensure superior & profitable customer service
- Review of work and mentorship of junior employees
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Ontario Registered P. Eng. For minimum of 5 years
- 7+ years of experience related to structural engineering of buildings and structures in industrial, manufacturing, construction and/or commercial environments
- Design knowledge and experience of steel, concrete and timber required
- Practical knowledge of the Ontario Building Code
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have excellent computer abilities; AutoCAD experience an asset
- Holder of valid Ontario driver’s license
There is an attractive base salary, benefits after 6 months and there are significant growth opportunities for the right candidates. The position is based in Tillsonburg, Ontario. To learn more and see if JADE is a good fit for you please visit our website, www.jadeengineers.com. To apply, please send a unique one page cover letter describing why you are an ideal candidate for the position and a brief list of your career goals with your resume. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.