J.R. Simplot Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Highly Unorganized
Shipping And Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee), Billings, MTJune 2, 2015
While I enjoyed the people that I worked with, and the work that we did there was no way I could develop an identity outside of work. Simplot is a large company therefore the standard means of advancement don't work. It is all about who you know and not how hard you work. This led to a elevated level of deception, and backstabbing when it came to trying to advance to a level that someone else wanted. In advancement comes the chance to earn more money as you gain more years you don't always make more money. The management above the different organizations has become very hands off and it leading to people who are going to be adverse towards the companys overall goals.
would deffnetly go back and work for this company again.
prep operator (Former Employee), Aberdeen, IDApril 9, 2015
Pros: it was a good job.
Cons: the point system on tardies, and sick leave.
over all, i would of liked to have stayed there a bit longer. the place and its employees were great to work with.and i would like to go back if they ever decided to open this place back up again.
Excellent Company to work for.
Mill / Pipeline Superintendent (Former Employee), Vernal, UTMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Amazingly family oriented and excellent work environment where employee Safety was always job # 1.
Cons: None that I can think of
I spent 10 years with the JR Simplot Company at their Vernal, Utah Phosphate Mine and Beneficiation Mill and found it to be the best mining company that I have ever had the Pleasure of working for in my 45 Years in the mining business. They are superior in all aspects of their management and operations compared to any publicly owned mining company n the world today.
Great place to work.
Production Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee), Aberdeen, IDMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Great benifits.
Cons: None
Family oriented work environment, friendly co-workers, bus provided to help employees with economical issues, close nit family oriented work place, co-workers felt like family.
Hard place to work.
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Lathrop, CAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: high compensation for level of skill required
Cons: rotating shifts and a lot of required overtime
Rotating shifts and a high expectation to work mandatory overtime instead of maintaining adequate staffing. Compensation in some areas is higher than similar positions in other workplaces.
Lack of qualified personell
Set-up Technician (Former Employee), West Memphis, ARFebruary 24, 2015
Cons: short breaks, extreme cold, no sick or personal days, long hours
My job at J.R. Simplot was very stressful. For the last 12 month the schedule would always change from what was projected and the core team didn't have the skills, knowledge, or drive to advance them into the future. During my some 7 to 8 years of service the management team always lacked togetherness. There would always be arguring among departments and the leadership was never present. Many if not all the managers would never visit the production area unless there was and accident, production goals not being met, or the equipment was in need of repair. I must say that most of the employees had a great attitude and made valued efforts but without the backing from the managers and the failure to train people properly the plant seem to go in a spiral downturn. I also must say that the skills and knowledge i obtained is priceless.
Large Company with many oportunities for internal advancement.
Waste Water Operator (Current Employee), Aberdeen IdahoJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: pay scale and opportunity for advancment and education assistance
Cons: plant closure and distance from my home.
The J.R. Simplot company has given me a great opportunity to go places I never knew I was capable of going. I have has training programs that were paid for by the company and many people have been able to further their education through scholarships or grants from the company. I am very sad to see our plant, In Abverdeen, shut down but am grateful that I was able to be a part of the team.

In the community that I live in The Simplot name carries alot of weight. It means you are a hard worker and are proud to bear the blue and gold colors. As a female I was a little unsure of applying for that Waste Plant position. I was welcomed with open arms and even though the industrial world was all new to me, everything was explained and made very simple.

I love the fact I can show my two daughters that a woman can drive a front end loader and turn a wrench. It has made a role model for my girls! I am proud to show them dirty nails and muddy boots is just as acceptable as any secretarial position as long as they work hard and put their heart into what they do! If it were not for this company I would not have had that opportunity.
VERY GOOD JOB
FORKLIFT OPR (Former Employee), West Memphis, ARDecember 1, 2014
Pros: they gave us some free product, free lunches from time to time
Cons: we had all benifits
EVERY DAY WAS A LAYED BACK AND ENJOYABLE DAY,I LEARNED ALOT AT THIS JOB AS FAR AS LEARNING HOW TO OPERATE A SIT DOWN FORKLIFT AND OPERATE A SCAN GUN.THE MANAGEMENT WAS VERY HELPFUL TO ALL EMPLYEES AS FAR AS THE CO-WORKERS EVERYONE WAS THERE TO LEARN SOMETHING AS FAR AS TEACHING.THERE WAS NOTHING HARD ABOUT THIS JOB AFTER I STARTED WORKING THEIR.I ENJOYED EVERTHING BOUT THIS JOB.
Hard work. Bad hours
Warehouse & Production Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Caldwell IdNovember 11, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: graveyard shift
I was in charge of ten men. Driving forklift and putting away product as it was made into the freezers. Also loading and unloading trucks, and railcars.
Great.
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), Caldwell, IDSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: all.
Cons: none.
Instrumentation loops and process loops
PLC programming
PID programing and loops
Measurements and Controls
Computer literacy for business desktop programs
Software supporting PLCs
Conduit Installation single phase and up
low volt AC and DC voltage sources
First Aid and CPR Certified
O.S.H.A Ten Hour Construction Safety and Health
JOB EXPERIENCE
Well organized
Project Coordinator and Oral Translator (Former Employee), 北京市, C22August 14, 2014
It is a relatively small but organized company, come with a clear business process, and work flow.
fun place
Process Team Lead (Current Employee), Aberdeen, IDApril 5, 2014
a typical day would be checking the quality of the product and making changes when needed. I've Learned so much from this company have leaned to be a great leader. management is great. co-workers are great. not really hard just comes with a lot of stress but im built for stress and over come any obstacles. most enjoyable part is having great co-workers
Good Pay and Benefits in exchange for being treated like an animal.
Employee Service Rep (Former Employee), CaldwellFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: negative reinforcement, politics, forced ot
Your normal day is just praying that your lucky enough that the machinery doesn't fail on you. Because if it does, management will blame you instead of the equipment. This company cares little about work/life balance. There is mandatory OT a plenty. They treat you little better than a numbered resource that they can replace like a bolt and they let you know it. Don't question management because that is a quick way out the door. The only positive of the job is the pay and benefits, however you will not enjoy this since you will be working all the time. I would only work for this company at the plant level if you have a lot of debt you need to pay off and then get out.
I really enjoyed working here
Formline Operator (Former Employee), Moses Lake, WAMay 23, 2013
Pros: management
Cons: hours
Overall a good place to work. The management was very understanding, open door, and reasonable with things to benefit from.
Another day and another dollar.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Heyburn, IDDecember 5, 2012
Pros: company pinic
Cons: close down
This company was good place to work. I learned a great deal about receiving and shipping frozen food on trucks and rail cars. Doing inventories count was very exciting to do in frozen dark storage room. The count was never the same after fourth count. That was the hardest part of inventory count is it doesn't add up. The people their were very friendly.
the people
Utility Crew (Former Employee), aberdeen idahoNovember 28, 2012
Pros: benifits
Cons: how you are treated in some ways
cleaning restrooms and any other cleaning that needed to be done and how to clean the equipment and how the frenchfries were made and packaged most of my co workers are very good to work with.some of the cleaning was hard and trying to keep the standards high. talking with the different people that i have worked with
was a great company to work for
#1 Operator (Former Employee), Lathrop, CAApril 9, 2012
Pros: benifits were great
Great company to work for. The management and workers were great. Atmosphere was positive. Always learned new tools and skills