J.R. Simplot Employee Reviews

Warehouse Worker/ ShippingJ (Former Employee) –  Heyburn, ID25 July 2017
I worked swing shift from 4 pm to midnight. The people who worked their at the time treated you like family. I lived in Twin falls and drove to heyburn to work. I left Simplot when they announced the closing of the plant I could have stayed but decided to leave.
Pros
We could buy a box of fries or tater tots for three dollars
Cons
It was a long drive back home late at night.
Unbalanced
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lathrop, CA16 July 2017
The workplace culture is what makes me give them 1 star. I have learned a new skill, which is great. Management is also nice but just don't like the workplace culture. It is too stressful.
Well oiled machine
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Othello, WA11 July 2017
Interesting to learn the process of making French fries. Fun group of employees to be a part of. Always lots going on and lots to be done. Got to meet lots of people.
Decent place to work
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Othello, WA29 June 2017
I didn't mind working at Simplot. They provided decent pay for the work I was doing, and there was room for advancement. The Human Resources people here were excellent, but management was lacking.
Terrible place to work if you want advancement opportunities
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Ontario, OR4 April 2017
Terrible training if any, no advancement opportunity, bad pay, you don't get paid more for having any of the endorsements they require for the job, not a place I would recommend to anyone I liked let's put it that way.
Pros
Minimal work for minimal pay
Cons
Terrible training, and you cant get promoted unless you know someone
okay to work for
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Moses Lake, WA22 February 2017
okay company to work for. life suks with the 12 hour shifts. the days of are okay. they pay for school but whats the point when you cant even go to school witth the 12 hours shifts you have to work.
Nice co workers
Ammonia Refrigeration Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, ND10 February 2017
Schedule and work life balance could improve.

Plant could be updated more often to accomdate employees

Machinery is often times not working properly causing issues for shifts.

Insureacne isn't great
It is a okay job
Form Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Moses Lake, WA26 November 2016
J.R. Simplot is okay to work for. It has excellent job security for the simple fact that everyone needs food. However, there is a lot of overtime and it not unusual for a person to seven 12 hour shifts in a row before they get a day off. When an issue arises that requires management or HR help it is near impossible to get help.
Pros
good job security
Cons
poor management
JR Simplot
Process Operator\Trainer (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, ID9 October 2016
Good pay, fair benefits. 3 12 hour shifts. Nice bus service for little money, The workers were helpful. The HR Department was a joke.
Great
General Laborer/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, ID26 August 2016
I went to work everyday an did my job an got along very well with my other co-workers. If I had trouble with anything there was always someone around to help out. The hardest part was lifting more than 50lbs.
Productive And Fun WorkPlace.
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Othello, WA4 August 2016
I Did Paper Work That Needed To Be Submitted With Microsoft, Checking Codes And Making Sure There Were Labels On Cases And Bags. Also Checked The Metal Detectors.
Prodcutive work environment
Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Boise, ID4 July 2016
It is a good place to work. It is productive and fun working environment. Always busy and always have work to do.
Awesome place to work, great environment
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Memphis, AR23 June 2016
On a daily basis, I would do payroll, go over benefits with employees, attend meetings and making sure everything ran smoothly. I would also check attendance and report to shift manangers making sure every team member was at work and/or calling the temp service to get workers to fill in.
Pros
Free lunches and
Cons
Walking around the freezing warehouse to do inspections.
Horible place to work if you like days off
Packaging Operator (Current Employee) –  Caldwell, ID 8360712 June 2016
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. There is no home life due to forced overtime and poor management. The "HR" is even worse. They claim to help the employee yet wont stay long enough to speak with night shift employees. If employed by this company you will feel like a slave. Constant forced overtime with no willingness to work with you. Say goodbye to having plans.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Monitored breaks, poor benifits, no time off, poor management.....
Unhappy Experience
GENERAL LABORER (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, ID9 June 2016
I didn't know enjoy working there. The HR workers didn't care about there employees and if something went wrong it was GL's fault.
Ok place to work but didnt like the fact that they were Union based.
Flo/Talley (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, ND30 April 2016
Busy days on the dock with constant customer trucks to be loaded with the forklifts. Learned the process of how French fries and other potato products are made and stored before they are shipped to customers. My co-workers were excellent guys and fun to work with. Nothing was really hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers.
Pros
Some times the manager would order out lunch for us.
Cons
Union based company
fun work place with caring people
fork lift operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, ND9 December 2015
great place to learn a lot and skills that can translate to other fields. can make good friends if you choose the right shift
Enjoyed my co-workers and management
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, AR10 October 2015
I advanced very quickly at this company which allowed me to establish an opportunity for growth with this company. My co-workers were easy to get along with and so was management. The hardest part of my job was the cold atmosphere in which it was all year round because it was a food service industry.
Pros
opportunity for growth
Cons
cold atmosphere
Great company
Senor Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, ND25 June 2015
This company has a great culture, you have many opportunities to advance in your position. The facility is very clean and safe. The is a lot of overtime that is usually available.
Highly Unorganized
Shipping And Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Billings, MT2 June 2015
While I enjoyed the people that I worked with, and the work that we did there was no way I could develop an identity outside of work. Simplot is a large company therefore the standard means of advancement don't work. It is all about who you know and not how hard you work. This led to a elevated level of deception, and backstabbing when it came to trying to advance to a level that someone else wanted. In advancement comes the chance to earn more money as you gain more years you don't always make more money. The management above the different organizations has become very hands off and it leading to people who are going to be adverse towards the companys overall goals.