J.R. Simplot Company Employee Reviews

Great pay, long hours
Quality Assurance Auditor (Current Employee) –  Caldwell, ID2 November 2017
Working for J.R Simplot Company (in the factory) is a great opportunity to learn about the factory and potato life while working in a clean, well kept environment and getting paid VERY well. It is definitely more of a man's place to work as it mainly deals with machines, heavy lifting, forklift driving, lots of maintenance, and just about everything you do gets you dirty; that being said though, women do work here and make it just fine. Working in the Q.A lab is very repetitive, but you get paid wonderfully and won't be able to find somewhere that comes even close to competing. My biggest complaints are simply that the factory and all of the possible "mandatory" overtime tend to consume you and your outside life, so for people with children who desire to have a balanced work and home life, it makes it very hard.
Pros
Paid lunches, plenty of overtime, great pay
Cons
High deductible healthcare, stressful, long hours, mandatory overtime
Simplot is a great place to work
Cash Receipts Technician (Current Employee) –  Boise, ID28 October 2017
The position I was in (Enterprise Solutions) wasn't the best department - the management left much to be desired. But overall, Simplot is a great company to work for.
Like working on the family farm
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise, ID24 August 2017
Low key and nice people. Everyone pitches in when you need help. They care deeply about their customers and offering good service. They're at an inflection point, seeking employees that will help them be even more competitive. Conservative culture.
Summary
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Boise, ID16 August 2017
Most enjoyable part of my day is speaking with my customers and getting to know them. I have fantastic associations with my Area Sales Team and their customers.
Temendous Company with a great long term outlook
Northeast Zone Sales Manager- (VA-ME) (Current Employee) –  Boise, ID13 August 2017
Simplot is a huge agricultural company with a vision of 10-50 years down the road. Privately held, they don't harp upon 90 day forecasts.

The company has spent billions over the past 10 years to make their processing facilities tops in the world. They speak of investments as long term in nature.
Pros
The best attribute is that the company thinks long term as a proud privately held company
Cons
Career advancement is limited for those who are field based.
JR Simplot Company Culture
Senior Talent Partner (Current Employee) –  Boise, ID1 August 2017
People are down to earth and helpful however, the overall culture of Simplot is not diverse culturally. Recruiters are less important than the Human Resources staff who hold higher ranks and salaries. I have little desire to be in HR.
Pros
Start of the art corporate headquarters
Cons
Low wages
Productive mixed with fun
Plant Support (Current Employee) –  Caldwell, ID30 May 2017
J.R Simplot is a fantastic place to work where you feel like part of a family. the hardest part about working for Simplot would have to be the 12 hour shifts but once your body gets used to it the days just fly by.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Prone to recurrent accidents
Passion for People
HR Solutions Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boise, ID23 May 2017
Working at the J.R. Simplot Company has been a wonderful experience for me. I will always be grateful for the opportunities it offered. I worked with some great people, at the office, in the plants, and all retail stores across America.

The worst part of my job in Human Resources is watching people go through difficult times and wishing there was more I can do to help them through it.

The best part is knowing I helped them the best I can, even if it is just listening to their struggles.

"Passion for People" is not just an empty motto. I sincerely hope they never lose sight that their greatest resource is it's employees.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Too much work and too few people.
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Nampa, ID21 May 2017
Great place to work. Co-workers were awesome. Very flexible scheduling. Employees were always put first. Excellent pay and time off. If I could, I would work there again.
Overall good place to work. Fine people and goals are clearly stated.
Plant Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Moses Lake, WA5 April 2017
A few too many meetings but most are kept to a reasonable length. Always plenty to do so it's a challenge setting priorities. Courses are available to improve skills, Six Sigma is the current focus.
Food processing at its finest
Energy Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, ID31 March 2017
JR Simplot gives lots of opportunities to grow within the company and translate laterally if desired. They want to be a profitable company while providing customers with the best product.
Supports longevity
Administrative Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boise, ID18 February 2017
The core business is based on agriculture which is the root of Idaho. I have worked for the company for over 41 years and would recommend it to anyone.
Shared services (Current Employee) –  Boise, ID14 February 2017
I really enjoy Simplot . Its a slow process to advance. Makes it difficult to look better for management. I love the fact that i enjoy everyday i work.
Pros
Lots of time off
Cons
Small raises
Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Boise, ID 837164 July 2016
It is a good place to work. Well life and work balance. Productive working environment. Friendly people and always have work to do.
Good place to work with good people while making quality food
HR ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, ID8 June 2016
I worked as a administrator in human resources. The best part of the job was working with people. The worst part of the job was when I couldn't help or had to suspend/fire those people. It was also very hard to do all the tasks associated with closing the plant. I got both of my degrees while working there. I would still be there if the plant hadn't closed.
Pros
Pay was very good and I enjoyed the work
Cons
Sometimes having to deliver bad news or resolve conflict
Great people to work for and provide fair wages to employees
Production Shift and Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, ID7 October 2015
The company is great to work for. They provide a fair wage for the work taking place and good benefits. They are very willing to promote highly skilled individuals and it is easy to take on a more challenging role if desired.
Nice environment in which to work, friendly people
Customer Service/ Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boise, ID19 September 2015
I had flexibility within a two hour window to select when I started my work day. There was routine and predictability to what was expected of me as documentation responsibilities were consistent and constant. I was kept busy without too much stress. I was allowed breaks as I felt necessary. I was not micro-managed and was free to make decisions and was encouraged to seek assistance as I felt necessary. The company encouraged wellness and included a fitness program that rewarded employees for participation. A walking area was located adjacent to the office facility and the view was fabulous! Benefits were commendable and the health insurance options were complete. People were friendly and helpful. There was an open door policy so I could approach anyone from whom I needed assistance. The most fun part of the job was working with people who became long-time friends. Also important, was a sense of accomplishment as we were feeding the world! The hardest part of the job was dealing with foreign shipping companies that were demanding and often seemed to not care if there were problems getting our product to the foreign port in a timely manner.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Politics
If like to be busy, stockroom is a good fit.
Stockroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nampa, ID3 September 2015
I enjoyed working in the stockroom. I met with alot of people that had anything to do with the production inside and outside the plant. I was always busy with getting all things that the job required done.
Cons
Working the Relief Shift is really hard if you have a family.
Gained experience
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, Idaho31 August 2015
A day at work was spent either loading trucks/railcars with product, hauling out product to load on a truck/railcar, picking different items according to orders, taking pallets of product off the line and putting it away in designated locations, sorting good pallets from bad pallets to put through the factory. I feel like working there improved my forklift skills enormously. Definitely the hardest part about the job was the hours. I worked from 6pm to 6am on a rotating schedule and was given mandatory overtime frequently. I really enjoyed a lot of the people i worked with.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
The schedule
Productive and Interesting
Master File Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boise, ID26 August 2015
A typical day at work is entering data, and ensuring data integrity and accuracy. Manage, integrate, disseminate, and create data for all enterprise applications, processes and entities requiring timely and accurate data delivery. Provide Team direction and oversee day-to-day master file maintenance activities. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I work with a great team.
Pros
great employee benefits
Cons
Not enough opportunities for career advancement