J.D. Irving Employee Reviews

Horrible
Tarper (Former Employee) –  Sunbury22 October 2015
Did tarping for this company it was horrible there was always bullying and name calling in the work enviroment not to mention the pay was peanut shells for the work you do and the hours you work you never had a life through out the week. I would not reccomend this company for anything
Pros
Haha pros
Layoffs are life
Shipbuilder (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 July 2015
Every week I ask if there are any layoff on Friday. Can't plan for the future cant even plan for next week because you never know if there's going to be a layoff until an hour before your shift ends. Management is a unorganized and uninformed mess, apprentices learn from apprentices, and the number one focus of the company is to please the government and lower morale of all workers by putting the blame on them when higher management makes a mistake. Don't believe everything you hear on the news about this place.
Pros
Christmas turkey I guess
Cons
Everything else
worst job I have ever had
Sales "Leader" (Former Employee) –  Central Canada29 January 2015
By far the worst vocational experience I have ever had. I was hired as a senior manager, yet my boss offered zero training, and seldom returned my calls. Headoffice staff, at all levels, were amazingly rude, arrogant and made you feel unwanted from the onset. My boss was in way over his head, and demonstrated terrible communication skills and lacked basic business accumen. The turnover is expectedly high, and the feel you get is that everyone is out for themselves and tremendously unhappy. I literally feel sorry for anyone who looks at this organization as an opportunity to make a difference, and have a rewarding career. You will be treated like their competition - however, without the respect.
Pros
absolutely none to speak of
Cons
absolutely everything - and you guessed it, starts with leadership
not a good place to work
heavy equipment operator (Former Employee) –  gulf operators29 September 2013
This ad is not the truth.I have been working for this company for over 10 years and my wages as a heavy equipment operator are NOT 18 to 24 dollars an hour.The management will tell you just what you want to hear.My question is how can a company post an ad for wages of 18 to 24 an hour when the employees that are work there dont get that wage?
Pros
there are no pros at this company
Cons
there management tell you alot of bull, they make all kinds of promises and dont follow through
A thoroughly enjoyable environment in which to work; friendly co-workers, an empathetic and professional management team, and excellent benefits.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB30 September 2012
My duties involved cleaning and professionally maintaining the designated floor assignments; in addition, I provided support to colleagues on a daily basis. Moreover I assisted with the functionality of various conference and meeting rooms.

I learned the value of time management, a strong work ethic, and the ability to function either autonomously or within a team.
professional
Auditior (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB15 August 2015
If you want to work in a professional environment this is the place
salary is the best around
experience is good for life and JDI wants to help you grow
we make a difference, especially in CNB.
A fast paced, yet secure place of employment.
Lumber Grader (Current Employee) –  Chipman, NB6 July 2013
Shift work rotating days and nights.
Working with a regular crew. Good co-workers.Everyone is commited to doing the best job they can.
Good job training and safety.
Plenty of extra shifts if you want to work extra hours.
Good health plan and pension plans available.
Pros
Plenty of overtime available. Provided meals on special occasions. Good company benefits.
Cons
Have to work nights.
Very challenging work environment due to steep slope and rocky ground but rewarding with experience and knowledge gained in a short timeframe.
Feller buncher operator (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick28 January 2013
Average three hours driving each day and 11 hour shifts 5+ days a week.
Learned to operate equipment using gps navigation
Pros
newer equipment
Cons
long days
Profits not people
operator (Former Employee) –  moncton29 January 2014
Long time loyal employee over 15 yrs
left for poor management spend millions on new equipment but no money for cost of living pay increases for employees, management treats employees like children, bullying readily accepted as the norm for managers .
Pros
turkey as xmas
Cons
too many to list
great place to work
Staff Compliance Accountant (Former Employee) –  saint john,NB10 February 2015
I enjoyed to work with them. Coworker and environment was great.
lots of opportunity for advancement. Company helps to get higher degree.
Terrible place to work
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Midland22 May 2013
The rudest people I have ever encountered in my entire life. Very inefficient. Not open to change. Not up to date.
Travailleur fidele
Operateur (Former Employee) –  Veneer13 February 2015
Dans le passer ca ete une des meilleurs place pour travailler et faire des sous, asteur c est rendu une place d esclavage morderne en 2015, gerant comme un enfant et stuff sont pas qualifier, je conseille les jeunes de meme pas penser appliquer dans cette moulin de bois,
Pros
L eau froid l'été
Cons
Bonnus, manager, controleur de qualité

2.7