J.D. Irving

J.D. Irving Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Profits not people
operator (Former Employee), monctonJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: turkey as xmas
Cons: too many to list
Long time loyal employee over 15 yrs
left for poor management spend millions on new equipment but no money for cost of living pay increases for employees, management treats employees like children, bullying readily accepted as the norm for managers .
not a good place to work
heavy equipment operator (Former Employee), gulf operatorsSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: there are no pros at this company
Cons: there management tell you alot of bull, they make all kinds of promises and dont follow through
This ad is not the truth.I have been working for this company for over 10 years and my wages as a heavy equipment operator are NOT 18 to 24 dollars an hour.The management will tell you just what you want to hear.My question is how can a company post an ad for wages of 18 to 24 an hour when the employees that are work there dont get that wage?

ou812 – October 30, 2013

some how this does not surprise me

A fast paced, yet secure place of employment.
Lumber Grader (Current Employee), Chipman, NBJuly 6, 2013
Pros: plenty of overtime available. provided meals on special occasions. good company benefits.
Cons: have to work nights.
Shift work rotating days and nights.
Working with a regular crew. Good co-workers.Everyone is commited to doing the best job they can.
Good job training and safety.
Plenty of extra shifts if you want to work extra hours.
Good health plan and pension plans available.
Terrible place to work
Accounting (Former Employee), MidlandMay 22, 2013
The rudest people I have ever encountered in my entire life. Very inefficient. Not open to change. Not up to date.
Very challenging work environment due to steep slope and rocky ground but rewarding with experience and knowledge gained in a short timeframe.
Feller buncher operator (Current Employee), New BrunswickJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: newer equipment
Cons: long days
Average three hours driving each day and 11 hour shifts 5+ days a week.
Learned to operate equipment using gps navigation
A thoroughly enjoyable environment in which to work; friendly co-workers, an empathetic and professional management team, and excellent benefits.
Custodian (Former Employee), Saint John, NBSeptember 30, 2012
My duties involved cleaning and professionally maintaining the designated floor assignments; in addition, I provided support to colleagues on a daily basis. Moreover I assisted with the functionality of various conference and meeting rooms.

I learned the value of time management, a strong work ethic, and the ability to function either autonomously – more... or within a team. – less

About J.D. Irving

J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to sustainable forest management. This means ensuring that our forests are environmentally sustainable, – Read more

J.D. Irving Photos