J.B. Hunt

J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast Pace
Carrier Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Hour lunch breaks
Cons: long hours, on call requirements
A typical day is spent negotiation rates and establishing new customers. The mornings are spent covering freight and checking on shipments delivering and picking up that day. The afternoons are spent soliciting current and new customers.
Fast paced general labor
Dock worker (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, Ca.July 28, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: Waking up at 2am Monday through Friday
A typical day at J.B. Hunt for me was preparing drivers/ installers product load and route paper work. After that task was done, i would make my way to the docks where i would scan incoming and out going products and label them accordingly. What i learned from this job was how a warehouse operates from dock work, shipping and receiving, bill of ladings, labeling, and route paper work. I was also assistant to the dock manger. The co-workers i had were amazing. We were a great team that were all in sync to accomplish tasks that were asked of us. The hardest part of the job was waking up at 2am Monday through Friday and the most enjoyable part of the job was pay day.
ok place to work
Driver/Safety Driver Trainer (Current Employee), memphis tnJuly 26, 2015
Pros: they always have loads
Cons: management
my biggest problem with JB Hunt is management if you get a good manager its a great place work how ever those were hard to find in my 10 years with the company
help build cases
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Stockton, CAJuly 25, 2015
I had a great time learning how to put together cases and learning what how things worked in our government organization. I also was able to to learn some key attributes when it comes to putting together and working with legal cases too
Love hate relationship with this job
Swamper (Former Employee), odessa,txJuly 20, 2015
Pros: pay rate
Cons: poor management
Work was pretty easy.
A lot of sight seeking on the drives.
You learn a lot while working here.
Management was very unorganized .
Not a fun place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Brandywine, MDJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Cannot think of anything
Cons: Not a fun place to work
Not a fun place to workNot a fun place to workNot a fun place to workNot a fun place to workNot a fun place to workNot a fun place to workNot a fun place to workNot a fun place to workNot a fun place to workNot a fun place to work
over the road
Driver/Operator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2015
Pros: always gone
Cons: big money
I like that they gave a rookie a chance to go out over the road but it isnt for me.
pay is good if you dont want to see your friends and family.
They did not view their drivers with respect
Shuttle driver (Former Employee), N Hatfield, MAJuly 13, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: No communication for shuttle drivers
No respect from dispatchers and did not know when you were going in for the day, if they needed you. Had to call every morning.
High energy work environment
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Close to home
This position was extremely fun and exciting place to work. Lots of knowledge learned in the eight years I worked there.
Typical Day HECTIC at all times, Hardest part Trying to please everyone
Consumer Acct Rep in Marketing (Current Employee), Lowell ARJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Pretty good benefits, quarterly and yearly bonuses if the company does well
Cons: It doesn't matter if it is 10 feet of snow you are expected to be there regardless
Seems to be an issue at times getting the answers we need to pass on to our customer, seems like some departments try to work against you instead of helping you.
Benefits are good, the quarterly and yearly bonuses if we do good as a company are very helpful,
Not a lot of recognition for the little guy.
BACKGROUND VERIFICATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Lowell, ARJuly 9, 2015
My day is pretty busy, day goes by fast. I learned a lot about the trucking industry. Co-workers are great. I love what I do and like helping people have a better life.
not what i expected
Manager in training (Current Employee), York, PAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: No lunch, No overtime, Work culture, Work setting.
I thought the job would be different. Going into it I was expecting a better company culture and better work/life balance. But the reality of the job was much different from what I was told it would be. The job pays well for an entry level position. Is it an interesting job? Absolutely not. Very redundant work and you don't learn new things day to day. For those of us who yearn to learn, skip this company.
Good work environment
Maintenance Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee), Lowell, ARJune 30, 2015
Really liked the travel aspect and seeing how things work from different sides of the business. Liked the management and the opportunity for growth.
Has the best equipment to drive
Driver (Current Employee), York, PAJune 26, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: pay
typical 9 to 5 same routine everyday unless dispatch or the warehouse screws you, I've learned how to use the Smith System at all times
They didn't pay my medical while in the Hospital
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Michigan pJune 22, 2015
Cons: Very bad dispatcher
Very bad Company, I was sick , admitted into Hospital for 3 days, was fired for not being able to do my job when I was in the Hospital and didn't pay for my medical bills. Dispatcher will send you to pickup a empty trailer that is not at the location. i remember this Truck Driver told me not to wok for JB Hunt but I had to see for myself, Big Mistake. They told me I would be home on weekends but my weekends were Wednesday and Thursday
Great company to work for but!
Inter-model / regional Driver (Former Employee), Kansas City, MO.June 18, 2015
Pros: home on weekends, .42 cpm, benifets never more than 300 miles from home
Cons: 62 mph, peoplenet, electronic logs, most of all bad fleet managers
In the Inter-model dept there is a serious problems with its managers they upset me and the lack of respect and passing judgment before all the facts were in and the complete unprofessionalism is why I quit...other than that it is a good job I worked mon-fri at .42 cpm picking up comtainers at rail yard and delivering them to our customers and visa versa.
A lot of room for improvement
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Lowell, ARJune 16, 2015
Everything falls on the Dispatcher. Either you have a good one that works for you. or you have a bad one that works against you. In my case it was a bad one. but that's not to say that everyone else would have the same experience.
very productive
Transport specialist/ Unloader (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 14, 2015
Pros: great compensation for services rendered
Cons: lack of knowledge about drivers skill set and who ultimately makes the safety call
very productive great logistics and load planning however management and dispatch is a very tight nit group and when it comes to being a driver they are quick to railroad you and push blame onto driver and have no regard for driver safety during adverse driving conditions remember any good driver knows when it's time to get off the road and a drivers safety is every ones safety
Like the job very poor management
Lead Technician (Former Employee), Wayne, MIJune 12, 2015
Pros: the job itself
Cons: management and the night shift hours
i would come in early to see what needed tone done and prioritize and set up my shift.
I learned a lot about management, time management skills
The service manager had never worked as a tractor mechanic do couldn't help out at all. Favoritism was away of life with him. If you weren't in his click you weren't any good.
Coworkers were ok on my shift
Hardest part of job was dealing with the favoritism for management and the shift which is why I left.
Most enjoyable part was the challenge I really enjoyed the job
good overall company
Account Manager (Current Employee), ohioJune 8, 2015
Cons: Over complicated company
great company, Work life not that great, micro manage compliance, works hard for drivers not for managers. Lack of pay for work.

1 2 3 4 5

About J.B. Hunt

J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc. (JBHT), incorporated on August 10, 1961, is a holding company. The Company provides a range – Read more