J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

Productive and challenging daily surprises,
Parts Utility / Parts Advisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR23 April 2017
Typical day look to see what arrived how many trucks and containers are in shop. Start ordering parts for what's logged and get as fast as possible. Put all incoming freight away restock floor and answer all incoming problems. Hardest part of day to complete everything in 8 hrs. Most enjoyable part of job is chaos and finish on time. Workplace culture is a little rough various cultures,
Pros
Barbecues
Cons
Management in different State.
Typical Large Company, More about them than you
Local CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK22 April 2017
JB Hunt seems like the typical large trucking company. It seems to be more about them and not enough about the driver. low cpm compensation and no structure on dedicated routes. One day we wake at 3 am than 10 am the next, have no clue what you are going to do until the night before which makes it hard to plan your day and harder to get the right amount of sleep. Good job for the single person not for a family man.
good job
Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TN22 April 2017
Went in one day to quit and they said i was terminated due to violating company policy. Shows that on my dac report. Was not able to collect unemployment for that reason.
for no experience drivers
Class A Truck Driver Local Intermodal (Former Employee) –  Southgate, CA20 April 2017
A place to gain experience. You will do a lot of driving and deliveries pick ups. For the amount of loads per day that you deal with the pay is not fair.
Cons
TOO much work for amount of compensation
Great company to work for it ,very good equipment ,very poor Management at intermodal Lithia springs Ga
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA19 April 2017
Management controls your driving time eta in order to decide if they let you pull the freight or not, so they will let You know , you are not allowed to earn the money You need to make to meet uour obligations iam sorry to say that , but it is true
Pros
the corporation it could be Number one in Usa
Cons
Intermodal Management don't take care of the overall drivers, favoritism is very welcome
accounts
driver (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VA17 April 2017
it all depends on the account each account verys and the mangers some are knowledgeable and some are fresh with little real life experience witch can be helpful.
good company lousy management
Driver (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MA15 April 2017
management sucks. Job is easy, great co workers. management has no clue. they have never been behind the wheel. they have no clue what we haveto dealwith
loved the people not the job
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR14 April 2017
Great people, training was not what it could be. learned to figure things out on my own. hard to do your job when you are so unsure of it. Management could interact with employees more.
Pros
friendly workers
Cons
management
Great company
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA13 April 2017
Great company to work with good benefits an great pay management was great they always there to help you with anything you need you get your own truck
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJ11 April 2017
I love working there benefits where great good home time people were very friendly lot of work *********************************\**********************
Pros
They keep you busy
Cons
Good place to start career
Intern (Current Employee) –  Lowell, AR10 April 2017
There are a lot of opportunities for advancement. It is a very good place to start a career out of college. Lots of good hands on experience. Can work your way up.
From me, don't believe all that you hear
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GA10 April 2017
The hardest thing to understand was why, when you're allowed to go no higher than 40 points a month for safety bonus, they never explain to drivers what may cause problems, like, not filling out a load tab on your QUALCOMM each day. that adds 1 point to your score each day
Overall a great job security
Mobile Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA10 April 2017
Good workplace and managers, just not much room for advancement or pay raises. Work becomes a routine. Not really a place to stay if you would like opportunities to grow.
JB Hunt
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OH10 April 2017
Great company and has given me opportunities to succeed at every aspect of my career. They are the reason for my financial stability that I currently stand in. I appreciate everything that the company has given me and allowed me to do.
the worst
Class A driver (Current Employee) –  New York5 April 2017
i have worked for this company 3 times. first time only because they took over account, second because I didn't give them a chance the first time, third and last time on a different account and location. all they want is to run you every minute they can and compensation is minimal. I average less then minimum wage. I will never go back.
Pros
its a job if you dont have one
orientation
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 752365 April 2017
I have no idea could not get pass the orientation. What I did experience the folks there do their best to get through. I had a difficult time getting pass the physical.
work hard
manager (Current Employee) –  MD3 April 2017
If you are willing to put in the work, the pay can be very rewarding. Working for one of the largest trucking companies in North America has a lot of perks when it comes to advancing in this field. You will work with many different types of freight.
Overall
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TX3 April 2017
If you like a lot of home time this job is for you. The pay is okay if you don't have a lot of bills to pay, but to make a living here you're going to have to stay out for at least three weeks at a time.
Every day see new and exciting challenges
Road service operations (Current Employee) –  Lowell, AR3 April 2017
When i started with JB I knew nothing about trucks or the trucking industry. NowI am excited everyday for my job. I hope many people come to join us at JB Hunt.
Pros
Great family and friends
Cons
Must be able to answer phones quickly
receptionist
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR3 April 2017
Nice place to work. Friendly co-workers, great pay for starting out. Wish this would have been a temp to hire position instead of a temp position. Easy work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J.B. Hunt. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval