J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,036 reviews
Busy, always work, long days
Delivery Driver and Installation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spanaway, WA24 May 2017
Long hours, not the best management, dispatch fails to tell you what time you start. Good pay for a young man wanting to work hard for their money. Needs some work but will improve overtime.
Pros
Good pay
Good Company
Regional Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL23 May 2017
Worked night shift Wed - Sat 6PM-6AM managing intermodal fleet.

Plenty of opportunities to learn and advance within the company.

Strong safety culture and care for employees, worked with some good people that taught me a lot.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, benefits
Cons
3rd shift
Management change
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR23 May 2017
Loved working for Herb, the company changed management and they offered less bebifits and outsourced jobs to part time workers. Felt like the management wasn't interested in long term employers anymore.
Fine place
Career Placement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR23 May 2017
The systems they have in place are great. The managers don't really grasp them. They don't understand life circumstances. I had 2 deaths in my family and my father had heart surgery within 2 months, and go figure, after being recruiter of the month, my numbers dropped from not being there. I really wish I still worked there. Sometimes life takes you in a different direction.
Regret leaving
CDL Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VA23 May 2017
Job was good, people good, a little stressful at times but all good
Running DC and Baltimore metro ares blah hated the traffic
and the 62 mph trucks other than that...free lunches often
Pros
People, free lunches, prizes and gatuity
Cons
DC Traffic
Stressful environment. Good, thorough training, but a very rigid environment.
CDP Investigator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR 7274523 May 2017
Busy, stressful environment. Management is great but the stress to perform is constant and pervades every minute of the day!! Multi-tasking and good time management play key roles in success here. Super nice people and facilities.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits and great management.
Cons
Stressful environment
Fast paced and fun
Sr Eps - Driver Personnel (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR22 May 2017
Atmosphere is great, as well as the people. Great company to work for...they really care about their employees.
Wages and benefits are more than fair. This company is growing with leaps and bounds.
Great company
Chicago local nights/weekends MVP manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL22 May 2017
Overall this has been a great company to work for. Advancement is definitely there for the people that work hard. A great resume builder. Takes time to earn your way up financially though.
Pros
Fortune 500 company
Cons
Crazy shifts, need to pay more for responsibilites.
treated as a number
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR22 May 2017
This company is one of the largest in the nation and they know it. They treat the drivers as a number and not a person. when you call they don't want your name, they want your truck number and driver ID.
Pros
driving experience
Cons
the company
Does not care about employees
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Lowell, AR22 May 2017
If you are looking for a job with a work life balance, look elsewhere. Management is not knowledgeable about policies, training is hardly existent, there is no clear career pathing, in the interview they will try to tell you that you will get bonuses, which is exciting at thought, but in a year I have only received one quarterly bonus.
Pros
Cons
Pay, work/life balance, leadership
nice place to work
Intermodal Driver (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FL21 May 2017
arrive at work pretrip go get your load and take it to the customer for unloading and return to rail yard.hardest part was getting up in the morning. no rush and still get the job done.
not a great place to work
Whirlpool Edits/FMS Invoicing & Payroll Support (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR21 May 2017
I was happy there at first with my manager, then my manager changed and she did not know how to manage people. It was awful,, Every time we went to her for anything she would tell us we should know it all ready and then when she was telling us we did something wrong, she would say you can come talk to me if you have questions. It was a horrible work environment that I was unable to grow in
Pros
fruit in the break room every morning, pizza party once a month
Cons
bad management
Positive - great place to work.
Class A CDL Dedicated Driver Home Daily (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX20 May 2017
I have enjoyed working here. I jumped from trucking company to trucking company for several years, but I finally settled in at JB Hunt, and it was just fine.
Bustling atmosphere with much to teach.
Cargo Claims Technician (Current Employee) –  Lowell, AR19 May 2017
Fast paced environment with a great many independent moving parts that nurture a very competitive attitude. Opportunities to move into different areas and learn from different people.
Good place to work if you live in the area.
Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VA19 May 2017
Great people to work with. Immediate management very helpful and patient but not so much for the after hours management team. Can be very unorganized when it comes to getting loads or picking up loads. For example sending drivers to wrong locations or sending drivers to locations that their particular transport division does not handle causing extra cost to company or driver.
Pros
great benefit packages, discounts at participating companies
Cons
unorganization, large lack of communication, after hours team very unprofessional, rude and not helpful.
Ok
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN18 May 2017
Ok place to work, nice hours, good people, management lacks direction sometimes but it goes with the territory. Job security with all the units they have
ICS is one of the fastest growing divisions
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lowell, AR17 May 2017
Coming from someone who has only worked in the field branch, the opportunities for advancement are limited. If given the opportunity I would suggest starting in the corporate office. This will allow you the chance to really get to know the business and determine which division of JB Hunt aligns with your career aspirations.

Overall, JB Hunt really values their employees and really makes you feel like the work you do is appreciated.
Pros
Secure and reliable work
Cons
Long work hours and lack of Life/Work balance
Great place, great people.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PA17 May 2017
Interesting logistics company.

Great account managers and great environment.

Huge staff as to where they will help anyone with info regarding work or logistical destinations.
Not impressed
Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Lowel ar17 May 2017
I won't be going back pay is to low. Miles not there. Only nice thing was the equipment. Can't make a living with this company. I made around 500$ a week.
Pros
Nice truck
Cons
Robbed on miles pays household miles this is to say you only get paid for 85 to 90% of what you do, micro mannaged, baby sitters.
didn't like it
Professional Long Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY17 May 2017
will never go back to work for them. wasn't given quality work or even enough work. wasn't given any time to go home. lived on $100 pay advances while over the road with my wife because they were not providing me with good paying loads .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J.B. Hunt. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9