J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

Learned alot of skills
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Luzerne, PA8 December 2016
Basic Maintenance painting landscaping things like that. Learned a lot during my time there with all the different jobs I was tasked to do. Made a lot of friends along the way.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Shorter Breaks and lunches
Great place to work!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Iowa7 December 2016
JB Hunt is a great place to work and with hard work and determination you can advance quickly in the company. Compensation is great but more importantly they make sure your home/work life is balanced.
Fast paced environment
PARTNERSHIP DEVELOPMENT ANALYST II (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR7 December 2016
JB Hunt is a great place to work. Some positions are flexible and some are not. Stay positive and motivated. Breakfast and lunch served on campus everyday.
Very structured and great place to work.
Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Southgate, Ca7 December 2016
Very good co-workers that made the experience and my time there more enjoyable. The diversity in dealing with different drivers and vendors was great. Company offered many perks and incentives for it's employees.
bad eqipment , you just a number
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR6 December 2016
I had a bad work experience , I was just a number, didn't care about me as a driver cared more about the load.

I was put in an unsafe truck that had lots of issues, but was told to remain in the truck.

They micro managed me, it was really stressful at times.

It was just a bad experience all around.
jbhunt
Arkansas- Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Lowell, AR1 December 2016
Jb Hunt is a great place to work, great atmosphere with a lot to offer, family oriented company, team activities for all
casual work place with casual Fridays
just ok
CDL Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Chester, NY30 November 2016
its a job you go to work then go home. you are on the road all the time. 3 loads a day. they unload your truck most of the time.dispatchers are a pain in the but like always
Good start for local experience
Commercial Intermodal Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL29 November 2016
Like most experience drivers eventually understand that there is a vast difference between OTR vs local. Even though the relationship with dispatch was always edgy and the truck assignment was disorganized it is a decent place to get local experience, The part that was horrible with this guys is I remember spending 2 hours in the morning everyday especially winter looking for a truck then another hour for a trailer maybe longer and pay sucked because its per trip.
Fun
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA28 November 2016
I learned at j.b. hunt that you have to be patient with just about every thing and let things come to you and it was a lot of traffic.
Fast-paced and fun company to work for
Utilization Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR27 November 2016
Overall experience of J.B Hunt was great. It was a healthy working environment with endless learning and career opportunities. I enjoyed my team of coworkers and the environment of the workplace as well.
I envied the janitors while at work
Night/Weekend Manager (Current Employee) –  Lowell, AR25 November 2016
Operations/Dispatch
The company may do well due to its intermodal expansion in recent years, but that added revenue will never find you.
The employee turnover rate is so high, I'd train 4 different people in as many weeks because they'd quit after only a brief exposure to the company. I'd have joined them if I had any options at the time.
This turnover seems mostly due to the monotonous work, overbearing and yet,somehow, ineffective management, poor pay, and catastrophic work/life balance.
Simply visit salary.com or glassdoor to compare the pay with similar jobs, and that tells the story.

Many of my fellow employees were normal, great folks to work with. However, due to the outdated management who were set in the job, the Operations department suffered a huge free-rider problem: good employees will do most of the work, while slackers on their phones or chit-chatting or doing essentially nothing are not reprimanded or corrected, so they continue to do nothing, while the hard workers do everything. (No, this does not work itself out later when raises or promotions are considered, because JB Hunt doesn't do that, not in any meaningful sense).

I wasn't being snarky with my title. There were so many days I'd wish I could just vacuum the carpets and wipe the windows with the janitors then sit in my cubicle taking 127 phone calls from screaming, cussing, disrespectful drivers, who I'm genuinely trying to help, and must listen to every foul thing they want to dump on me. But to some degree, they saw me as JB Hunt, and if you're a CDL holder reading this, such voluminous amounts
  more... of visceral discontent every day should provide some indication of your counterparts opinions on their current employer.

You'll read many reviews that speak about JB Hunt losing its top talent due to its various deep-seeded problems, some I listed above. To put my experience in that light, I did consider, and many others considered me one of the very best employees in the Operations department. Nothing from management would suggest that though, because like others have said, you're just a number, a cog. I decided to go the way so many others smartly went, and found a different employer. So, from misery, despair, and 11 dollars an hour, I now have purpose, hope, and 83K a year.

There are better options for jobs out there.

And you deserve a good job.

So go ahead and see if maybe there's another option on those job postings before you select the black and yellow JB Hunt icon.
Pros
Proximity to my home.
Cons
The big three:Pay, work/life balance, absent/ineffective and out of date management
Good people
Senior Partnership Development Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lowell, AR23 November 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job are the people you work with. It is definitely a family.The worst part of the job are the systems being used are a hindrance to performance. I've learned a lot over the years there. The direction of the company has veered off of the path of previous years. Some would say the change is good. Most people leave due to money.
Pros
Vendors onsite for lunch. Onsite workout classes
Cons
Pay, stress
I worked for them four times over a period of about 7 years.
Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR22 November 2016
A good company to work for. No complaints. I worked for them a few times and always kept a clean driving record so they were always willing and still willing to hire me.
Great Place to work at
Truck Driver-CDL (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VA17 November 2016
Depending on what account you work for its not a bad place at all. I really enjoyed working on a Home Depot account but now that i transferred to inter-modal in Chesapeake Va im not enjoying it as much anymore since i dont have weekends off anymore
Not good company for over the road mileage.
CDL CLASS A DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Lowell, AR16 November 2016
The best accounts to work for in this company is the dedicated or Intermodal. You will not make a lot of money if you work for them over the road. The mileage is low.
loved truck driving
OTR TRUCK DRIVER for USA (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR16 November 2016
I really enjoyed driving and seeing different parts of the world, meeting new people in every city and state was a plus. Hardest part of this job was waiting on dispatch.
Pros
peace and tranquility
Cons
not enough miles
Great pay, Great enviornment
Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN9 November 2016
Great place to work. Management on my account was the best. Equipment isn't well maintained. Plenty of opportunities for home time. Pay was excellent.
okay place to work
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, GA5 November 2016
I have been here about five months now , they have their ups and downs like any other company. miles are decent not the greatest. The only trouble I'm having with them now is them getting me home for my set home time , I remind them constantly the week before and constantly been getting home one to two days after .
Pros
xm radio, benifits
Cons
hometime, miles and unorganized at time
Work place was good, good environment to be in.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NY3 November 2016
Working for this company was pretty good, good working environment. Very friendly employees. Only problem was finding hours. Having a 2 year old daughter it just wasn't cutting it.
Stabile enviroment
AREA SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lowell, AR2 November 2016
Face paced but not overwelming for someone willing to learn. On job training available as well as tuition reimbursement. If you don't like talking on the phone or looking at a computer all day this job may not be for you.

2.9