J.B. Hunt

J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Has the best equipment to drive
Driver (Current Employee), York, PAJune 26, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: pay
typical 9 to 5 same routine everyday unless dispatch or the warehouse screws you, I've learned how to use the Smith System at all times
They didn't pay my medical while in the Hospital
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Michigan pJune 22, 2015
Cons: Very bad dispatcher
Very bad Company, I was sick , admitted into Hospital for 3 days, was fired for not being able to do my job when I was in the Hospital and didn't pay for my medical bills. Dispatcher will send you to pickup a empty trailer that is not at the location. i remember this Truck Driver told me not to wok for JB Hunt but I had to see for myself, Big Mistake. They told me I would be home on weekends but my weekends were Wednesday and Thursday
Great company to work for but!
Inter-model / regional Driver (Former Employee), Kansas City, MO.June 18, 2015
Pros: home on weekends, .42 cpm, benifets never more than 300 miles from home
Cons: 62 mph, peoplenet, electronic logs, most of all bad fleet managers
In the Inter-model dept there is a serious problems with its managers they upset me and the lack of respect and passing judgment before all the facts were in and the complete unprofessionalism is why I quit...other than that it is a good job I worked mon-fri at .42 cpm picking up comtainers at rail yard and delivering them to our customers and visa versa.
A lot of room for improvement
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Lowell, ARJune 16, 2015
Everything falls on the Dispatcher. Either you have a good one that works for you. or you have a bad one that works against you. In my case it was a bad one. but that's not to say that everyone else would have the same experience.
very productive
Transport specialist/ Unloader (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 14, 2015
Pros: great compensation for services rendered
Cons: lack of knowledge about drivers skill set and who ultimately makes the safety call
very productive great logistics and load planning however management and dispatch is a very tight nit group and when it comes to being a driver they are quick to railroad you and push blame onto driver and have no regard for driver safety during adverse driving conditions remember any good driver knows when it's time to get off the road and a drivers safety is every ones safety
Like the job very poor management
Lead Technician (Former Employee), Wayne, MIJune 12, 2015
Pros: the job itself
Cons: management and the night shift hours
i would come in early to see what needed tone done and prioritize and set up my shift.
I learned a lot about management, time management skills
The service manager had never worked as a tractor mechanic do couldn't help out at all. Favoritism was away of life with him. If you weren't in his click you weren't any good.
Coworkers were ok on my shift
Hardest part of job was dealing with the favoritism for management and the shift which is why I left.
Most enjoyable part was the challenge I really enjoyed the job
good overall company
Account Manager (Current Employee), ohioJune 8, 2015
Cons: Over complicated company
great company, Work life not that great, micro manage compliance, works hard for drivers not for managers. Lack of pay for work.
Demanding job with potential for advancement
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), York, PAJune 5, 2015
Day to day operations varied due to customer demands
Demanding job in demanding industry
Challenge to work with drivers and find common ground
Growing industry with growing demands
local intermodal
Driver Intermodal/ (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 3, 2015
intermodal and rail yards were a little challenging but the local positions are good and manageable.
co workers are great they have good attitudes.
great experience for a person starting off in transportation
Account Manager (Former Employee), Pottsville, PAJune 3, 2015
Pros: great overall company
Cons: long hours
Great learning experience for learning the transportation world. Long hours when you are starting off, but well worth it in the end.
Stressful! Do not work for this place.
Driver Placement Specialist/Recruiter (Former Employee), Lowell, ArkansasJune 1, 2015
Pros: 5 day work week off week ends depending on department.
Cons: Healthcare is very costly. 600.00 just for couple (monthly)
This place is very stressful to work at, they make changes daily you never know if you have a job from day to day. You get vacation and pto time if you take it with out a 72 hour notice you get points, You are allowed so many points per year if you go over your fired. All you are is a number at JB Hunt and you feel it. I loved my job there but there policy's were so unfair, after 2 year's working there i was let go for no reason they fought me on unemployment and lost.. There's more but would run out of space.
Overall a good company but not the right one for me
Regional Driver Intermodal (Current Employee), Forest Park, GAMay 26, 2015
Pros: The hours are there for now
Cons: The pay is not consistent
It has good people working there but some changes need to be made to make it a more team orientated work place. The pay needs to be accurate it is not every week i was shorted money
odd hours, consistant work,
Installer specialist (Current Employee), Spanaway, WAMay 22, 2015
Pros: consistant work, great co workers
Cons: low pay, not getting promised wages, underappreciated, untrained help/ coworkers
load truck for work day, drive various distances to multiple locations state wide, installing appliances, furniture, equipment etc.

I have learned how to install any type of appliance
knowledge of care and use of appliances
care of customer product and solving customer issues
how to properly use a hand truck
Mediocre Trucking Company
DRIVER (Current Employee), Brattleboro, VTMay 20, 2015
Pros: Weekly Paychecks
Cons: Sometimes they pay you accurately, Low opportunity for advancement, 12-14 Hour shifts with low Hourly pay or Mileage Pay
Its JB Hunt... Need I say more.

Long Hours, Mediocre pay.

Very little room for advancement as a driver.

C&S Equipment is old, has many issues with operating correctly
Gret place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lakewood, NJMay 19, 2015
Payroll invoicing and Fuel PO'S, Very consistent work every week was the same, if you missed a day you would have to catch up or bring home. co workers were great people to work for and management as well..
Very friendly culture
Internal Auditor (Current Employee), Lowell, ARMay 11, 2015
Very supportive and encouraging supervisor, eager to teach employees new skills and assist them in career advancement.
Need More Family Time
Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee), Hook, ENGMay 8, 2015
I enjoyed working for this copy but the long hours were to much. I thank goodness for the experience that I have had with this company. I moved up in the company to better myself but the pay raises were not increases to my stardards.
Very personable
Fleet Manager (Former Employee), Lowell, ARMay 7, 2015
Pros: all good
Cons: only hire thru temp service
Company was great to work for. Everyone personable, everyone willing to help and answer questions. Management was personable as well. You worked with production as well as upper management, this was a great tool to move forward. The most difficult part was, there wasn't. Your co workers always made it enjoyable
Hard work
Truck Driver (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAMay 5, 2015
I worked and drove in the 11 western states and was out 2 weeks at a time. All I did was pick up material and drop it off so I left to become an local driver. I wanted to be home more.
Combative pay scales
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee), Haslet, TXApril 30, 2015
Pros: Cant say for others benefit
Cons: Cant say for others benefit
I currently work here in 2015. Work load is based on managers abilities and not the driver.The pay scale is descent compared but when it comes time to get paid for it,pulling teeth is a better word.I was looking for better pay due to slower work at my PAST employer.Little did I know that it would cost me my job when JB called for verification.Some dispatchers are well and beyond willing to help you make money.But unless you have been here for 5+ yrs you wont make close to 1000-1300 a week.The trucks are very well maintained due to fleet service being on site and typically done so in a timely manner from my experiences.So far I have lost up to a few hundred due (one month time frame)to discrepancies in paperwork or some how the computer missed paying me regardless of the dispatch method. Which in my view should be impossible to miss anything.Overall it is easy but you have a great number of customers who are in NO hurry to move you to your next stop or load.Typical start is a delivery out of the rail the off to the customer for your first live load.I have been asked to move chassis or trailer then not been paid after I asked if it were paid separately.Then not seeing it on a pay sheet and have to explain my self as if I were still in training or cant read the pay sheet.Needless to say I wanted to make money and willing to put in the hours.I figured it on a descent hourly rate or gross pay once I calculated the hours I worked for what I am/was payed for that week.It seems to come out a low hourly rate as If I were making 12-14 hr at 58-60 hrs with no OT. Overall this is a descent place to work for retirement or right out of school.But the mid grade career level has been a horrible experience.So for those who are considering working here make certain you do CONSIDER the next months as what toll it will have.It is not "across the board" as they say.There is a high turn over rate from my view and now understand why.So good luck.Hope this helped the next person.

1 2 3 4 5

About J.B. Hunt

J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc. (JBHT), incorporated on August 10, 1961, is a holding company. The Company provides a range – Read more