J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

Great account to work at
Local Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY22 February 2018
Do your job and management leaves you alone. Great atmosphere and co workers are friendly and helpful. Management is very loyal to the driver and very helpful if you need something.
Pros
Account was great
Cons
Bad mileage pay
Overall Company.
Driver (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CA22 February 2018
One of the most professional if not the most professional company I have ever worked for. Very well run and organized. The equipment was first class and the management and co workers were very professional and helpful.
Pros
Professional Company.
Cons
Not enough hours.
J.B. Hunt Experience
Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX21 February 2018
A couple things I liked about working for them was. I never had to call dispatch to get a load. While on a load I always received my next job. My Driver Manager had no problem getting me home when I needed to. As far as the pay. It goes by experience. With that being said I was a Regional driver. They do not go into New York but will send you very close to it. One thing I wish was that I had a more powerful truck (2015 Cascadia) to get up steep hills and mountains.
Pros
Home every two weeks
Cons
Choice of trucks
Would not reccommend
National Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Lowell, AR20 February 2018
Lack of pay, no growth potential, and the work load make this role undesirable. When I took this job the minimum requirement for the role was 12 months and 10 months into the role they changed the requirement to 18 months without HR approval.
Pros
Family environment, casual dress
Cons
Low pay
Fun driving for them
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PA20 February 2018
Professional Truck driver that deliver electric and other very valuable items to different stores warehouses. Check truck general everyday with pre-trip and post trips, Kept logs, maps planning the use qual comm on the truck OT etc..
Good
Not Bad
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NY19 February 2018
Good Opportunity if your just out of college looking to wet your feet in management and operations. For drivers pay is decent and they are treated very well by management.
Fair company
Carrier Sales Coordinator/Freight Broker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL19 February 2018
Solid company with a good corporate culture. I have had a good experience but have not seen a lot of potential for advancement. It is a place you can start with no experience in the field.
Great place, difficult at first
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kingston, RI18 February 2018
You'll start with the basics, which can be slow and boring.At first, the work-life balance is non-existent.
But you'll eventually rise and work normal hours too.
Pros
Good pay, phenomenal people
Cons
Hard life-work balance
Good Company but long working hours
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX17 February 2018
Work/Life Balance is not there most days. required to work 10 hours a day most of the time or more. Room for advancement but is limited.
managers need to moved around to different accounts.
Pros
Salary/benefits
Productive Job
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR 7274516 February 2018
+Excellent Benefits package
+Good Mileage
+Good Exercise
+Good Pay

(Cons are based on the management during my employment)
~Management did not know what they were doing
~Hectic office setting
~Hard time to get truck/tire repairs done
Pros
Listed at +
Cons
Listed as ~
Have balls of steel!
Carrier Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA15 February 2018
This is an extremely cut throat job. You are called every derogatory name and cussed at on a daily basis, and your managers cannot do anything about it as they depend on the carriers and drivers to deliver the product. You have to literally have no emotion when at work or those people will wear you down quickly. I was only there for 3 months and I could not handle it. The other employees were supportive and helpful if you needed it. The office environment was fun, we had a TV on the wall, could watch whatever as we were working. They would toss tennis balls and frisbees to each other. That part definitely helped keep you sane. My managers were great. They were very supportive and wanted you to succeed. They were approachable and easy to talk to. The benefits were good, they provided great medical, dental, and incentives
Benefits
Cons
Carriers, drivers, dispatchers
Truck Driver
Local Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Joliet, IL15 February 2018
J.B. Hunt is a very reputable company that is a great place to work with a good benefit package. I enjoyed the time that I worked there. Its a great place to gain experience.
It was a friendly and august environment to work
Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA14 February 2018
JB Hunt a company with a spectacular organization and procedure for each assigned job. A unique systematics in pieces since everything is by codes, control of tools and log out and tag out on equipments. Definitely with Jb hunt you learn to be a good retailer
Jbhunt
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth nj13 February 2018
Work load can be overwhelming. Specially since they expect you to cover everything, so you get to wear many hats and cover manager shortages when they are out on vacation or they just haven't filled position.
Pros
They don't fire anyone, you have to be a horrible person to get fired.
Cons
benefits cost, low paying salary, little to no bonus
work alot
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Perris, CA12 February 2018
worked 16 hours plus per day, 5 days a week. very stressful
when a problem arose, instead of taking care of the problem at hand; blame was placed on others
Pros
good people
Cons
alot of work with no benefit
Good company poor management
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR12 February 2018
Good company to drive for but managers won’t listen to you if you have concerns it’s their way or the highway good equipment but good luck finding an empty trailer if needed
Pros
Good equipment
Stay away!
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Joliet, IL12 February 2018
Their retention of employees is horrible, at only 10 months I was considered one of the top seniority people in my area. They change your shift and job location at the drop of a hat.
24/7 work enviroment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX11 February 2018
Overall decent pay but will be expected to answer phone calls, emails, and text messages at all hours 365 days per year. Expected to perform round the clock customer service. Managing truck drivers can be stressful.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Constant work
It's a job.
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Lowell, AR10 February 2018
Work is okay. Miles not consistent from week to week. Good benefits. Pay could be better. DMs need more training on how to interact with the people they manage.
Fun place to work
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Concord, NC9 February 2018
I was only there for 3 months and I received a employee of the month award for my on time deliveries. My manager treated me the same as the other men truck drivers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J.B. Hunt. Our community is ready to answer.