J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

stable company
journeyman mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX21 March 2017
Typical corporate management make money, keep changing for no reason , not a place for a young person to start work they do train but working schedules are not the best odd hours weekends pay is ok ,health care is poor , easy to be terminated for small violations of constantly changing company policies
Pros
pto, pay, 401k
Cons
management, work hours, too much policy change, easily terminated
I love j.b. Hunt they are helpful n amazing people. Great company to work for
Driver (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NE21 March 2017
J.b. Hunt trucks are great. Their people are nice and willing to support you. Their are many good opportunities here. I would refer anybody to j.b. Hunt
Pushes DOT regs.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX20 March 2017
They would give you a list of drop &hook stops for the day which took up most of your legal hours, then you call in to verify your finished and continue to add to your list without consideration of your legal hours.
Pros
easy job
Cons
pushing you to run over your legal hours
Whirlpool and beds deliver
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PA19 March 2017
I learn in jb hunt how to work as a team it was amazing job take appliances up to the 4 floor by yourself up the stairs I loved the job the reason for leaving was the job wasn't worth the pay
Fun place to work. Management always has their door open.
Finance Analyst, Broker (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR17 March 2017
I loved working at J.B. Hunt! A great place for advancement in your career. They hire in-house first before going outside for candidates most of the time. Management are very approachable.
Pros
Advancement in your career
Cons
The pay is not very competitive
boo
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH15 March 2017
Will I am required to use a minimum of 150 key strokes. When only I want to use three. Those three would be BOO! Even though I gave the company a three star rating I would not recommend working here if you want any type of work/life balance.
was a good place to work, very safety minded
Heavy Truck and Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MI14 March 2017
day started at 5:00pm and went to 3:00am as they had a flexible schedule and I was working 4/10's.
they had a lot of training and knowledge and had a very safety minded environment.
the management was a very organized, and informed you of any company changes the same day.
Pros
Knowledge and training provided to employees
Hard work, long hours
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR13 March 2017
This was something I did for the money but I did not enjoy it. They had me working 11 to 14 hour days and pressured me to driver over the speed limit. As soon as I was able to pay off my car I resigned.
Truck driver class A Hatfield Ar
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Hatfield, AR11 March 2017
Been here since December 28th of 2016 and JB Hunt is home im on the truckload side if i have a family emergency or anything specific like doctors appointment etc they get me home and always tell me set eta Estimated Time of Availability not arrival we dont have estimated time of arrival dispatcher/dispatch is great and caring if you come with an attitude how do you expect to be treated.... With an attitude if you come with i want to work for you and only you they are the best of the best JB Hunt Is really great to drivers unless you dont want to work now its understandable on emergency cases but this career is earned and earned for your earnings the best part i like about jb hunt is they listen and dont force you to go where you dont want to go i average 2500 miles weekly in otr gotta be a go getter not a lazybum this is like working a hometown job work work or not earn but its worth being a go getter if you're not a go getter you aren't going to make money any where in this career i get what i get because i am a go getter i dont complain about where im going cuz i have yet to see NYC OR Top end of northeast i love it work environment is the best of the 4 companies ive driven for want a great company JB HUNT IS FOR YOU! Don't come with an attitude like appearance... And suggestion for everyone when freight is slow they do what they can to still keep you going here at jb hunt now stay ontop of your game..
Pros
Pay, dispatch, hometime, etc
Don't waste your time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dothan, AL11 March 2017
Management sucks. Pay sounds great until you add up your hours and see Walmart pays better. I run local but put in more hours than Otr drivers. Your family life does not matter to them. You work six days and they work 3 to 5 days
Pros
Cons
Poor managment
miss the bonuses.
Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO10 March 2017
Enjoyed the people I worked with, safety was a top priority, pay was decent, we had safety cook outs once a month if there were no accidents, quarterly bonuses given for salaried employees were great.
Applications Spec.
Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR10 March 2017
JB Hunt is a company that one person makes a difference, you are not just a number. The company cares about it's employees and it's drivers. JB Hunt offers competitive pay with great benefits.
Fun enviorment, good place to learn.
Key Customer Manager (Current Employee) –  Lowell, AR8 March 2017
Working in Transportation can sometimes be a overwhelming. JB Hunt tries to balance a frustrating industry by creating a fun working environment. For example, they provide food days for the company, games to play around the office and get celebrities to come to the office and speak to the entire corporate building .

Having little to no experience in logistics, I was nervous coming into the industry, but JB Hunt does a great job teaching, motivating and developing there less experienced employees.
Reliable company
Intermodol (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL7 March 2017
My Experience working with JB Hunt was interesting. Great company, great pay and over all treatment of employees. Unfortunately, my personal opinion didn't really matter.
Pros
meal advancements
Cons
Good motor pool
fast pace
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CA7 March 2017
Days were fast pace and very demanding time frames. Each day was a new challenge and new goals to obtain to ensure costumer satisfaction. always need to to think fast on your feet
Not the best workplace
Ops Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colorado6 March 2017
Long hours for below industry average pay. Upper management doesn't seem to have good direction or sense. High turn over of supervisors and installers. Not recommended. There are better companies to work for.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Long hours with little compensation to show for it, the culture leaves you wanting and high turn over of good employees.
Good Pay
Operations (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MI5 March 2017
Overall, I have enjoyed growing and learning at JB Hunt. It has been very rewarding developing relationships with dedicated partners and drivers alike.
jb hunt
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH4 March 2017
This place was decent to me, They didn't really give me that many benefits, but when I needed the day off, most of the time they gave it to me. Over all this is an average place to work at.
I suggest this job to any 1 who wants easy money.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Mechanicville, NY2 March 2017
I work at the mechanicville NY dedicated rail division. Flexible schedule, very easy money. Home every night. Work a minimum of a five day schedule with the option to work an extra day if u want to. Plenty of work. If u finish ur shift early, u can head on home or call night dispatch to receive more loads to do. Everything within a 250 mile radius of Albany ny. Wish I had made the change to this division within jb hunt sooner.
Pros
Flexible schedule. Can take day off if its a blizzard outside, then come in on ur day off to make it up. In effect, ur not shorting urself any money.
Cons
37cpm to start, could b higher.
Productive worksite with exceptional driver manager
Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TX2 March 2017
typical day would include morning equipment inspection, and backing into a dock inside of the bldg.
learned different types of glass and loading procedures in order to attain minimal breakage, with the goal being no loss of product.
Environment was friendly and upbeat.
The most difficult part of the job was inspecting the smoked glass for cracks prior to loading.
The most enjoyable was the interaction with the other drivers and the dispatcher.

2.9