J.B. Hunt

J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Starter Company only
Driver (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 21, 2014
Pros: above average pay
Cons: inept/inexperienced mgt, not truthful
I drove for this company for 4 months then left. I was hired for a SE Regional act then a dedicated act. I was told I would be home at least once a week on the Regional and every weekend on the dedicated account.

The first hint of trouble was at orientation. A team that was hired for a specific account was told 4 days in that there was no job at that account but they could "go over the road". Bait and switch in action.

When finally getting a truck for the Regional I was in Ohio, OK, TX. I don't think those are SE but you go where the freight ends up. What was not ok was my not being home as promised. I complained after a couple of times and my "mgr" told me "what are you complaining about, you were home for 8hrs yesterday". Oh, ok.

When I transitioned to a dedicated account I was told I would be home every Friday night and go out every Monday morning for one customer. Did not happen. After the 3rd Saturday waiting in a terminal to re-power a load I asked what happened to the weekend home thing? "We never told you that". Ok, the next week was a holiday and on the Friday they wanted me to go to a terminal and deliver a load 500miles away for Saturday. I objected and told them I'd had enough. Spent 1/2hr trying to give my mgr and his boss a 2 week notice, finally got fed up and quit on the spot and told them I'd return the truck to the terminal I picked it up at which was also where they wanted me to go to pick that load up. I was threatened with arrest for stealing a truck and then would be blackballed in the industry. I said ok, you are going to have me arrested for returning – more... the truck to the location you are sending me to? I'll just leave the truck here in the truckstop as I don't want to be arrested for anything. Qualcommed the entire episode and said I wanted to speak to both of the men's boss as I didn't care to be yelled at and threatened. They apologized immediately and I returned the truck to the terminal and left it cleaner than when I picked it up.

Very unsatisfactory dealings with this companies management. I never got the feeling that they knew what was going on or that my immediate supervisor cared or had training to deal with people at all. I sure know that he did not have any experience in the industry.

The pay for the miles driven and the type of freight I moved was quite good but it could not overcome the shortcomings. I have over 20yrs in the industry with several million safe miles so this was not my first rodeo. I can recommend this company for a new driver who needs micro management and someplace to get his/her feet wet and who just wants to put down miles for the experience. As for anyone else, I can not recommend them unless you sign up specifically for a dedicated account and stay on that account. – less
This company sucks
Driver/Installer (Current Employee), Hayward, CAMay 27, 2014
Pros: not sure
Cons: everything else
Why you ask? They are dishonest, not forthcoming about their practices, and disorganized. Every time the company starts losing money the drivers end up getting screwed. I received a flyer in the mail after Obama Care was implemented that health care costs would rise and that everyone along with the company would have to share in the increase in costs. It increased $50/wk when the actual cost of the premiums was only $30/wk. The company took advantage of the employees expected increase and decided to start paying $20 less/week than before and allowing the employee to cover that $20/week. They have over 16,000 employees. Saving $320,000/week. Good job guys. Their is no sympathy toward the driver you are just expected to try and complete your route no matter how unreasonable. The pay was good before a recent change (because the company is losing money), the amount you get payed now for the type of work and the amount of hours worked is laughable. The position used to require a class a or b drivers license. Most commercial drivers who have been part of a organized company realize how screwed up the company is and leave. The turn-over rate for drivers is ridiculous. So now the company has no requirement for a commercial drivers license which opens the doors to anyone willing to do the work for the lower pay rates. They expect you to work 12-14 hours/day delivering and installing appliances on a production-base payed system that isn't fair . They may send you out to deliver a 700 lb refrigerator (That's not a typo 700 lbs) by yourself. They can't keep quality installers (the guys – more... who help the driver out in the field) because they pay them $9/hr with no benefits. They don't even work for JB Hunt, they work for a staffing agency called Bright Sky (Gloomy Skies if you ask me). So when the "quality" installers they employ who typically are fresh out of high school or out of options calls off or quits from being over-worked you will be expected to do your work by yourself with no increase in pay. The more experienced you become the more they take advantage of you. Take my word. This company is not worker friendly and heading down-hill. Stay away. The only reason I gave 2 stars because believe it or not I actually like my work and I was paid well until the recent changes. – less
Combative pay scales
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee), Haslet, TXApril 30, 2015
Pros: Cant say for others benefit
Cons: Cant say for others benefit
I currently work here in 2015. Work load is based on managers abilities and not the driver.The pay scale is descent compared but when it comes time to get paid for it,pulling teeth is a better word.I was looking for better pay due to slower work at my PAST employer.Little did I know that it would cost me my job when JB called for verification.Some dispatchers are well and beyond willing to help you make money.But unless you have been here for 5+ yrs you wont make close to 1000-1300 a week.The trucks are very well maintained due to fleet service being on site and typically done so in a timely manner from my experiences.So far I have lost up to a few hundred due (one month time frame)to discrepancies in paperwork or some how the computer missed paying me regardless of the dispatch method. Which in my view should be impossible to miss anything.Overall it is easy but you have a great number of customers who are in NO hurry to move you to your next stop or load.Typical start is a delivery out of the rail the off to the customer for your first live load.I have been asked to move chassis or trailer then not been paid after I asked if it were paid separately.Then not seeing it on a pay sheet and have to explain my self as if I were still in training or cant read the pay sheet.Needless to say I wanted to make money and willing to put in the hours.I figured it on a descent hourly rate or gross pay once I calculated the hours I worked for what I am/was payed for that week.It seems to come out a low hourly rate as If I were making 12-14 hr at 58-60 hrs with no OT. Overall this is a descent – more... place to work for retirement or right out of school.But the mid grade career level has been a horrible experience.So for those who are considering working here make certain you do CONSIDER the next months as what toll it will have.It is not "across the board" as they say.There is a high turn over rate from my view and now understand why.So good luck.Hope this helped the next person. – less
Great well known company exceeding in their industry
Carrier Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Lowell, AROctober 22, 2013
Pros: company events, work-life balance/flexible schedule, very well known company in the industry, tools provided to succeed
Cons: compensation, deceipt within middle management, high-school type environment with co-workers, the lying and disregard for morals.
A typical day involves soliciting customers for freight and carriers for coverage to maximize profits on all published and spot business. Both were accomplish by phone and email through company provided and an extensive self generated database.

I learned several things from networking and building relationships both internally and externally to how the supply chain operates from A to Z. The different modes of transportation and how the market from all sectors effects our lives.

Management overall was very informative on how to perform for the company's best interest.

My experience with co-workers varied a lot depending on the position that I was in. While working in our brokerage and driver personel divisions the environment was based on an avg age of mid-20's where it ranged from very motivated individuals that were great to work with to immature kids out of college that at times were unethical. While working as an Account Development Manager my co-workers were very professional and always willing to work together to find the best solution for both the company and our customer.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with unhappy customers, untrustworthy carriers, and internal conflicts of interest.

The most enjoyable part of the job was building business with new customers, achieving personal and company wide milestones, and the always changing market.
Long Hours (10/11) same miles for same pay that we did at Hire 9hrs
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee), Van Buren, OhioNovember 13, 2013
0415 come in see if your load is ready and do pre-trip inspection on truck/trailer Fix or call in for repairs on equipment if any, (sometimes there are repairs to deal with (no pay for repair issues could take a couple of Hours and most times you call the 24hr # for dispatch they don't answer so 0500 they may come in or not). Most of the time you are out of yard by 0500. On most occasions I'll have two drop/hooks loads that are around 100 miles one way with Detroit or Cleveland area rush hour traffic to deal with both coming and leaving stores areas.The real back breaker to this dedicated account is when they added in rout back hauls that was no more pay miles but extended your day 10.5 hrs to 12.5 cause they were live loaded. Management spent more time thinking of ways to make a driver at fault for any thing (hard break recorded on your trk, they write you up then a week later the truck was in the shop for speed o sensor bad). Co-worker for most part was ok, some didn't know how to take their trash with them after using your Truck or calling in defects on trailers they drop on the yard. Hardest part about this job was not getting paid for all the down time cause by the management inabilities to get a grip on the repairs and stopping the drivers who dropped the defected equipment on the yard (these two issues cost me a lot of time and money). And the long hours every day made it real hard for exercising and normal family life. Enjoy ability in this job use to be fun, at the past year I began to think of how much transportation has changed sense I started 8 years ago. Now it's – more... all about who can we get to take the blame most and easiest was the drivers. – less
Horrendous employer for drivers
Driver (Former Employee), Lowell, ARJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: Smith System, it actually works, and gets a discount on most car insurance.
Cons: Everything else
If only there was negative stars option .....There is a reason that there is thousands of negative reviews from drivers about JB Hunt and it comes down to one single aspect of management. Management feels that drivers are not human beings. Day one, was lied to by the recruiter (most recruiters for most trucking companies do it now though, so get EVERYTHING in writing in advance), should have known better but I needed the paycheck for my family. I had a dispatcher (fleet manager) tell me "When you are in the truck you are company property" The pay is garbage, with average length of haul dropping and no detention until after 4 hours I would routinely have paychecks with a gross of less than $400 when I'd get sent to the north east coast. In comparison the best check I had was for over $1400 gross on south east Georgia Pacific runs after most of those account drivers quit. Average $6-800gross /w depending on area /freight, The trucks are newish, but they are horrible. Can't idle unless the temperature is hot enough outside, so no refrigerator, and batteries don't last long when truck isn't running for tv's, they are as base model as can be bought FL's, and the International's while they have ok options are super tiny which means every bump in the road is felt and they break down constantly. On bad roads its like free rodeo training. The mattresses and GPS are worthless. If you are thinking about driving here and are insanely desperate, flip burgers until you can drive for someone else. FMCSR work arounds on e logs can be a nightmare but are required.
Stay away from the road service department.
Road Service (Former Employee), Lowell, ARJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: It put food on the table
Cons: Stress hurts life at home with your family. The managers, You can never do good enough.
I worked in the road service department for 4+ years. Started out as a hourly MOC. You will be promised salary at a certain point but don't take it as a good thing. Whenever you go salary you get put on 10hr days and the raise doesn't cover the extra 10hrs you work a week. And then there is the management, specifically the MOC manager . He has some major anger issues, even to the point of bowing up to people and getting in there faces and screaming. If he doesn't like you he will get rid of you. They will load you down with enough work that you can almost handle then make you take breakdown calls from the drivers ruining any chance of getting your work done. Every day I was beyond mentally exhausted. You will be put in a cubical with a headset, a phone, and a computer with two monitors. The amount of multitasking you have to do every day just to stay not so far behind that they fire you is insane. I realized after moving up some in the department they viewed the road service guys and the MOC's kinda like slaves. They will run you into the ground for as long as they can and throw you out when you get to your breaking point in exchange for a fresh person. I left for a job paying much less but the stress relief was worth every penny. I would never work for this company again in any of there departments. If you are a MOC it is a pain to take days off. When you come back to work you are even further behind than you were before.
Honesty is not their policy!
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 10, 2014
Pros: it's a job when others have none.
Cons: sub-standard equipment, lack of accountability of maintenance staff.
A typical workday includes a whole lot of waiting to get in & out of railyards, searching for empty trailers, waiting for dispatchers to respond to your messages. Management really doesn't seem to care about your problem unless it becomes their problem. Co-workers are outstanding! The hardest part of the job is settling for less then what you're accustomed to meaning; maintenance is slow & ineffective with a total lack of accountability for items needing repair but deemed unimportant enough to fix. Trucks are the lowest quality bare bone base models without any amenities for driver comfort. The company has no ability to place drivers who do not smoke into trucks that have not been smoked in because they absolutely refuse to place a new driver into a new truck. Drivers who use a CPAP device as treatment for sleep apnea cannot be forced into these older trucks that others have smoked in previously as it totally defeats the whole purpose of using the CPAP device and would contaminate the unit causing a need to be replaced. Furthermore How can you provide those drivers who do not smoke with a smoke free environment when the maintenance personnel have been observed smoking in the trucks as they are working on them performing in-cab repairs where they know a driver has to work & sleep. I have personally seen this happening while waiting for my truck to be repaired
It is a decent place to get your feet wet in the logistics field
Office Specialist (Current Employee), Lowell, ARMarch 29, 2013
Pros: clean work environment, upper management is friendly (directors), on site food vendors, networking
Cons: low pay, slow to advance, low volume of work
A typical day consists of taking care of whatever claim issues are assigned to you. Constantly talking with drivers, customers, account reps, operations teams, etc. I like that you get to deal with many aspects of the company and many people there are quite friendly. Doing a good job and going above and beyond your job duties will get you noticed by other departments pretty quickly although your direct supervisor may take little notice. On the downside, they do not have a competitive compensation structure, they are slow to allow advancement, and like to downplay your abilities. If you don't mind being stuck at entry level pay while doing advanced work (going above and beyond) its not too bad, just takes forever to get some upward mobility going. All in all, there are worse places to work in the logistics field.
Best parts of the job, lots of diversity and some drivers can be quite a hoot to chat with. Also, you can build a good network of contacts rather quickly by putting in hard work and and showing some drive/initiative.
Worst parts of the job, little pay, slow to advance, not enough work to keep you busy.
Management - upper management is friendly, lower management can be difficult to work with at times.
Co-workers - enjoyable, most are hard working people with a drive to succeed, most are helpful.
Not a good company to work for
OTR Company Truck Driver (Former Employee), Lowell, ArkansasNovember 18, 2014
Pros: new truck
Cons: waste of hos time, short runs, glitches in qualcom, dispatchhers with poor attitudes, impossible to contact dm by phone
The typical day for the OTR driver(Company Driver) is not good because you don't get back-to-back loads. You can waste a lot of time setting and waiting for the next load. I learned that company drivers(OTR) will be very dissatisfied. I actually had to beg dispatch for longer hauls. From the beginning, I was sent to Florida to pick up a truck I was to be assigned to drive. Upon arrival, I found a truck that was totally unsafe to drive. This particular truck had bad tires(Steer tires in place of drive tires and bald), bird nest, a cracked 5th wheel, and totally filthy inside. Can you believe my driver manager wanted me to still drive the truck? After rectifying that situation, I was put into a 2015 truck, but that doesn't help if you are not being given loads and wasting time setting. When I picked up the new truck a fellow employee told me not to get excited because "a snake is still a snake". This is what I was told, and it turned out to be true. Most of the company drivers I spoke with were unhappy at J B Hunt, and really wanted to find a better company to work for. It may be better to be a Owner Operator or on a dedicated account when working for J B Hunt, because the OTR company drivers are totally unhappy. I would not recommend J B Hunt to the new OTR driver. Yes, "A Snake is A Snake", and I honestly wish I had never started with this company.
Average.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee), Lowell, ARJuly 7, 2014
Pros: easy company to work for
Cons: no miles. sit sit sit
if you are not looking to drive a lot of miles or if you're looking to sit it as much as you drive then this is the company for you. Very easy to work for. No touch freight. Approximately 2,000 miles a week.if your happy making between 400 and 600 dollars a week then call a recruiter today.Company does not drive all 48 although they say they do. trucks equipped with electronic logs. also equipped with wingman and rollover sensor. The electronic logs are not that bad but the other two items make the truck very hard to drive and wlll get you in trouble with safety and will negatively impact your driving record.. basically they are not much different from any of the other government subsidized companies. They are big so they can afford to have you sit. I was in over the road truck driver and the worst thing that they would do that would totally agrivate me off would be to send me to the rail yard and move around empty rail boxes. They would pay you $100 meanwhile you're losing 500 miles over the road because that's what you could have accomplished that day. They do not have enough over the road freight to keep all the drivers busy. they're big money making part of the business is intermodal or rail boxes. Next time you see a train pull out of Chicago or any other rail yard look and see how many JB Hunt boxes are on it. That is where their money is. Over the road is it not a priority for j b hunt driving.
Very Stressful; long hours 13.5 - 14 hour days, can work up a 70 hour week in 5 days.
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee), Lowell, ARJune 4, 2013
Pros: no response.
Cons: short breaks (if any), healthcare, lost miles.
Early mornings/late nights. The Home Depot Distribution Center is very unorganized. Never know where your load is going until you arrive to work. Therefore you spend time planning the load after arrival. Flutuating start hours. Equipment not well maintained. Can't get straight answers. Hired on to run Minnesota twice weekly, i.e. w 2 10-hr breaks at home and one local run, off on weekends. Now can barely get back in time for home breaks during the week, because running farther distances. Equipment failure can keep you out 6 days. Equipment failure.

I've learned to run vey hard.

Great co-workers! Co-workers share knowledge and experience.

Mangement's additude: In all honesty, I believe managment is just as stressed as the drivers. It's The Home DePot Distribution Center. Lots of inventory going out. More than The Home Depot can handle. Top managers, if you don't like it, leave. Wants to put too many restrictions on the drivers health. In addition to DOT rules and regulations, those rules are extended.

Hardest part of the job: Getting out of the yard w/o some sort of equipment failure. Having enough time to run the loads, plus take care of yourself, i.e., break to eat and/or bathroom, stretch, and get the loads delivered on time.

The most enjoyable part of the job: end of the day.
Carrier Sales Coordinator - DON'T DO IT
Carrier Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Lowell, ARNovember 12, 2014
Pros: the other csc's were great
Cons: bad management, no work/life balance, abusive environment, etc.
Just cannot say how depressing this experience was. I signed on after a horrible waiting period after my final interview, enticed by the pay and the supposed advancement opportunity. The hours were horrible. The TM directly above me was rude, aggressive, insulting, and overall one of the worst bosses I've had. They billed the job as an early start/ early out position. THIS NEVER HAPPENED in the year I was there. I left my house at 6:30 in the morning and came home at 6:00 at night at the earliest. They constantly book impossible lanes to boost numbers at the expense of the employees and upward movement means you give up more and more of your life to this abusive company. The job itself? Prepare for a day of cold calling angry and rude Eastern European carriers who curse you, hang up on you, and debate with you. And the second something goes wrong? Prepare for your boss to yell (yes, literally yell, I cannot overstate how abrasive my boss was) at you that they need answers NOW as you try to get a fifty year old truck driver to answer his cell phone. Just avoid this at all costs and if you are currently employed there as a CSC, I hope you get out soon. Oh, and if they are kind enough to provide you lunch, that's code for lunch being cancelled that day due to a lack of hustle.
Operations Supervisor
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMarch 11, 2015
Pros: decent learning experience, good benefits
Cons: poor management, no work/life balance
Was hired directly out of college and decided on this position strictly from a pay standpoint. The pay is very good and the benefits are also above average but that does not account for the lack of office culture and managing. Our office was 10x15 and we sometimes had 6 people working in there at once with zero windows. The managers were money managers that normally did not care about your life outside of work unless they needed something from you then they turned into caring and understanding managers, but that was short lived once they got what they needed out of you. The training is one week long which takes place in a larger city. None of the training provided is useful once you return back to your home office. You will be put on the worst shift they have (normally Wed-Sun 5am-3pm) and stuck there until someone else new arrives. The turnover rate at this company for drivers and managers is ridiculously high (roughly 60%). All that aside, they do throw you into the fire and you are forced to learn a bunch of new programs fairly quickly and you become very efficient with Excel, email, JBH programs and other various applications. Bottom line, if you are coming out of college and have other choices DO NOT work here but it would be feasible if this was your only offer
Typical Trucking Company
Commercial Driver (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAFebruary 16, 2015
Started here in November 2014. The orientation training staff was wonderful. Orientation was paid at $17/hour.
In bad weather, they understand you not coming out and offer for you to use any accrued personal time. The loads are plentiful, but sitting on the outside looking into the office, sometimes the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, and they want to blame the drivers.
This is supposed to be a slip-seat operation, but if the driver has been around a while with them, they don't make the driver remove his belongings at the end of his shift. This makes it difficult for the next driver getting into the truck and not having room to place his/her tools. I have pictures of trucks that I have been assigned to with trash, urine bottles, and dust and mud all over the trucks. Drivers are not held accountable for the trucks. Luckily now, my "truck buddy" and I have a good working relationship, each of us being responsible for the condition of the truck inside and out.
There are only about seven women running out of this intermodal terminal in Harrisburg, and this lopsided balance is reflected in the office as well, with only 2 women (one admin in the orientation group, and one compliance manager - neither that the drivers deal with).
Overall, the pay is fair, and there is usually plenty of work, but they have a very high turnover rate.
Job Security but stressful n very demanding
Regional/ 1st Seat Dedicated Driver (Current Employee), Perryman, MDMarch 8, 2014
Pros: great pay, benefits, people
Cons: ur 34 reset is your home time most weekends
JB Hunt is one of the best logistic company out here. Their stocks says it all. However, you must bring ur A game working for this company n just being a part of something that is consistently growing. As with anything,you must put in the work to get what You....need from them. This company has much work, it's all where u live or willing to travel.Not all accounts are the best,the money accounts are the worse n stressful but each week you see your hard work n that gets u thru the following week. The jobs or accounts that less stress n gives u more personal time are the jobs that pays way less..This company strives on Safety.. If ur reckless or not good being detailed or good being proactive n taking responsibility for your logs n other people safety then this is not the company for you. You will loose ur job. I was suspended for 6months but they hired me back n gave me all my time back as if I never left once I completed a year. I lost my wife late last year,the year I came back n they gave me money to buried her.. This company is a very good company n u just have to examine urself as the type of employee u are.. it's easy to criticized when u was the wrong one..
A place that you (The Driver) will be scrutinize for everything you do.
Regional Driver (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 26, 2013
Pros: you get home time
Cons: write ups on the simplest actions that you do.
A typical work day at jb hunt is not like no other job; at lease none i've have ever seen before. They treat us (drivers) like we are school children like we never drove a truck before asking questions that should any basic driver should know but do it constantly. They make a easy job hard not by the work that we do but our driving skills are in question like we are not good drivers are something pertaining to that aspect. And the write ups that they issues to the drivers get under the our skins it get to the point that the drivers don't care no more they will get you from the most simplest thing for ex: the headlight of the truck burns out while in transit,running over bumps that triggers a sensor on the truck . Some drivers deal with it but a whole lot drivers get tried of it very quick. JB Hunt says that they have an open door policy that we driver can voice our opinion about situations but the bottom line it's theirs decision to make about the issue. The most enjoyable time at JB Hunt I'm sad to say is when your day is over and going home and they will still call you asking questions about a whole lot of nothing when you are leaving for the day.
Challenging job, no day is the same
Intermodal Regional Operations Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2013
Pros: great opportunity for advancement, some travel
Cons: no work life balance, fluctuating hours, no management backing
My typical day varies week-to-week. Some weeks I am developing managers, reviewing accidents, team building, and handling driver issues and complaints. Others I am working on cost saving methods, P&L analysis, customer service, and industry knowledge.

I have learned a more analytical method of thinking through my experiences, along with developing my managerial skills. Being able to dig down to the root cause of the issue and address that issue from where it stems. I have developed outstanding relationships with people in the company, customers, and other logistics professionals.

The hardest part of my job is listening to the constant complaining from drivers and ever changing structure. We also have a hard time finding good, qualified, candidates, which means more time spent training and developing the management team and less time dealing with operational needs.

There are opportunities for advancement and the ability to interact with customer. I also enjoy recruiting, speaking to college classes about our company and the industry.
not the best in the world
mobil tech (Former Employee), pittston,paDecember 11, 2012
Cons: everything, benefits @150/wk, computer system sucks, work conditions suck
typical day involves calling boss @6am getting voice mail 98% of time,to let him know you are there, or if the handheld locked up and cant punch in,you fax parts list down to get parts since you don't have any local vendors to use, when you go down 2hr ride to get parts,nothing is pulled for you, you pull your own parts,scary when you have more on your service truck then shop has in it in parts! then you drive 2 hrs back to unload into container on the ground which is your parts storage unit.you run out of tires in 2 days which is 20 at a time, then go weeks without them.you run out of parts regularly every week,which is the norm,plus supplies you need,you run out of them to!hard to get what you need to fix the stuff right.then to deal with the dispatchers is another thing! the drivers are entertainment in stupidity!

i can go on but it aint worth it. not the best in the world,needs new management,and better ways of dealing with parts needs,and other needs to do the job right and safely!!!!

i left for better job and advancement,plus cheaper benefits since they raised them from $117 for med,eye dental,to $150 just for medical on 1-1-13!!
Productive workplace, fast paced
Power Fleet Coordinator (Current Employee), Lowell, ARNovember 7, 2013
Pros: great management, friendly atmosphere, team oriented
Cons: no room for advancement or job security
• Establishes recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meeting with managers to discuss needs.
• Determines applicant requirements by studying job description and job qualifications.
• Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
• Evaluates applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers; interviewing applicants on consistent set of qualifications.
• Avoids legal challenges by understanding current legislation; enforcing regulations with managers; recommending new procedures; conducting training.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Accomplishes human resources and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Headquarters