J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

Shorter Hours
Logistics Coordinator Atlanta (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2016
Company culture is stuck in the 80s, with 10 hour work days required at all levels of leadership there is minimal work/life balance
Pros
Cons
bad healthcare and benefits
JB Hunt
Lead Driver (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 19, 2016
Monday thru Friday with the rare Saturday. Early in the morning to late afternoon or evening delivering and installing appliances some days are hard and others are easy.
Pros
Off on the weekends
Cons
Abuse on the body
great job
oil field swamper (Former Employee) –  Mexia, TXMay 18, 2016
this job I learn everything didn't know nothing when I started. management changed a lot. co-workers was the best work with. hardest part was the climbing. most enjoyable part was completing the job and everybody went home safe. over all this was a very great job
jbhunt is not a good company
Cott Beverage Class A driver local (Former Employee) –  Glen Mills, PA 19342May 18, 2016
They are the worst to work for this is a company where you cant have nothing else going on in your life if you want to work for them. fleet manager cut cost to the point where we use to make 700+ a week after taxes to if we are luck 600. he cut cost so he was able to get his monthly bouses. this company also does not protect you in any way and you will get blamed for any thing that happens even if it is out of your control so be preprared for you dmv record to get trashed if you come here
Cons
money, management
Decent Job
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Lockbourne, OHMay 13, 2016
On a local account. The job is fairly decent for what it is. My only problem is you can't plan a day out. Preplans are constantly changing throughout the day and it's hard to plan fuel and breaks.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Can't plan a day out
Ok working environment. Ok equipment. Ok people
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Hobart, INMay 7, 2016
I enjoy the people I work with. My only gripe is money. Sure I make the cents per mile but I haven't been getting the miles. Been with me for almost a quarter now and the only reason I went JB was the possible money through guarantee by even the dispatch team. We all know the game but at the time I recieved the call I was in dire need.
The unfortunate aspect is it has hurt me more than helped. I truly wish it were different.
Pros
Ok people. Ok equipment. Ok lanes.
Cons
Money
Great growth opportunities
Intermodal Logistics Planner (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 2, 2016
JB Hunt is a company that allows you to get promoted very quickly, but you have to put in the work to get there. If you work harder than your peers, show more dedication and organization skills, you will be on the fast-track. Transportation is a very "black and white" industry, so if you are looking for a creative environment, this is not the place for you. Having said that, this a role with a lot of management opportunities within your first role, allowing a lot of room to bring your own ideas into play.
Pros
The PEOPLE
Beware prospective employees
Prespective employee (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 27, 2016
Jb hunt will ask you to allow them to contact your current employer and will tell you everything is good except the company you work for set you up for orientation and then after you quit they will not hire you for something petty BEWARE
Pros
NONE
Solid company, Good benefits
Intermodal Train Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARApril 24, 2016
I am very grateful to JB Hunt for providing me with employment for the past 21 years, most especially for helping me to obtain a degree through their education program. I am just ready to work somewhere I might be able to use my education more.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Not what I want to do for the rest of my working career
great place to work, and great people within the team
road service coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARApril 23, 2016
fast paced, on top of current trucks and requirements, good team to work for. good software , hard workers, and good equipment from trucks to computers. great boss.
Pros
group picnics
Cons
work weekends and holidays
Fun work place
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARApril 21, 2016
I enjoy working there ... Pay is decent but the dedicated waiting line is long and other better opportunities come along quicker but I give it a 4 stars
managment that was over the account I was on knew very little
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARApril 14, 2016
Could have been a great job if (management) over this account knew what they were doing, and had a better understanding of driver need. They acted like the driver were the least of their worries
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 12, 2016
It was a busy place many different aspects. We did run our own company basically and this was a great experience but we still had our corporate office making many calls for our locations and we sometimes could have done better.
Great place to work they have different accounts set up for drivers you just have to find the right one for you.
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 11, 2016
Over all it's A great place to work had a lot of fun metting new people and learning new things and the travel to southern california was great.
Cubicle Life with a splash of fun
Partnership Development Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARApril 11, 2016
I work anything between 100 emails a day to problem solving several 3pl accounts.
I am the middle person that is all hands on deck for current issues to aftermath.
I love a great environment where my personality is able to shine and grow and work close to the work family.
Hardest part of the job is always finding balance to be able to give everyone the attention they are needing.
Pros
flexible
Cons
better pay
n/a
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILApril 4, 2016
work day around 14 hours. paycheck very small .missing stops and missing miles on paycheck . no dispatch no money. office is not providing sufficient paperwork
I have learned alot from working the dedicated contact services department
Operations Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARApril 4, 2016
Lots of inbound and outbound calls for regional and local distribution centers all over the US, I have four locations that I call and schedule home deliveries for :: One in Hanover, MD, Corapolis, PA, Wichita, KS and one in Port Allen, LA... Love being able to come through for a customer that is in need of an appliance if they have been without for a while.. or if a birthday present can be delivered on time..
Doesn't live up to Description
Manager in training (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 4, 2016
Very different than advertised, extremely unorganized company. A huge buddy system and conflict of interest happens all the time. Very unprofessional and for such large company very disappointing. Admin duties as a 'manager in training' they call everyone a manager in the company. I was on a team of 5 other 'managers'.
Don't think you are truly a manger you will handle very simple admin functions and be treated as if you are a child. Extremely micro managed.

No enough work to go around and must 'pretend to be busy' at all times!
Managers are immature and gossip about their employees.
I left after a month, my final straw was when I had to literally copy and past the actually law in an email to HR to get paid for travel pay, because they refused to pay me.
Pros
Treat drivers well
Cons
Hostile work enviroment
Friendly atmosphere During orientation in ATL GA
Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARApril 4, 2016
Youre not just a driver with them, you are also a customer service representative, Hardest part was being paid for detention, I gave up after 4 tries. Many of thier trailers need work as they are older and have many minor issues. Lost time and miles due to trailer lights. VP of operations goes out of his way to point out problems that are caused and created by the customer costing you lost time and miles.
Pros
Usually got 3 days off every two weeks
Cons
Management could be better, After hours service could be improved
Not a good place to work
INTERMODAL FLEET MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 3, 2016
Management is not honest with employees. Poor work life balance. Co workers are generally cool the hardest part of the job is payroll. Best part of the job is helping drivers get to their goal.