J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

The best safety culture I've ever been exposed to!
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2016
I love JB Hunt, and have since my first day of orientation as a driver. They believe in Safety and direct, coach & encourage each employee to follow the proven path that's been laid before them. I've had the pleasure of bringing new drivers into our company and watching their reactions when we tell them "Welcome Home!", and then prove we mean it with the benefits, the equipment, the support and the encouragement to keep family first, as JB always had.
Pros
Outstanding benefit options, well maintained and late model equipment, knowledgeable coworkers
Culture of growth
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJuly 18, 2016
JB Hunt is an industry leader in supply chain logistics that offers its clients a vast array Work/life balance is an issue with most sales people having to constantly travel or take care of service issues at night and on weekends. Pressure to bring in business is heavy but if you are successful you will be compensated.

Overall Hunt has a strong vision for the future. There will be growth opportunities for the right person especially women.
Alot of changes need to occur in Management there, all over the Company. I have heard from several departments.
Desk Officer for JB Hunt Corporate Security (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARJune 27, 2016
A large Company that is hard to make an advancement in. This Company seems to strive more for family within family type of business. You will have a better chance of growing there if you have family in he company already. A lot of areas of Management here do not process good leadership or Management skills.
Pros
12 hour shifts, 1 week overtime week, No hassel from Manager, 1 hour lunches if desired and clock out, Or we can work lunch hour and get paid for it.
Cons
48 in advance to call in sick, do not get paid well for what we do, Our Manager has us do his work, The Manager does not stay up on taking care of what his people need.
Unsafe Working Environment
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VT 05301June 23, 2016
They will give you unsafe equipment (Trucks) to go out with and perform your duties. As well as unsafe trailers. Not always but enough so it became an issue. Would send you down into inner city Boston and other areas with a 51 ft trailer. Making your potential for an accident risk that much greater.

Only care about deliveries and not the drivers. Drivers are nothing but product pushers to JB HUNT.
Pros
In Depth Training Programs, SMITH SYSTEM, Helpful Drivers
Cons
Unsafe Working Conditions, Unsafe Equipment, Dangerous Routes, Work sometimes unavailble
Lot of work for little money. Management are young kids. Management does not have skills
Company Driver DCS (Current Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAAugust 5, 2016
Your work day is usually 10 to 13 hours per day, Management works against you succeeding in the company. Hardest part of job is the management who like to strong arm you into doing task. The management are young kids with no experince in Management which makes it hard to perform job.
Cons
Manageement are young kids 21 to 29 years of age
good place to work
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJune 14, 2016
Transporting Freight to 48 states. logistics, safety, HOS, Governmental Requirements, Cargo Food Safety,Logistics Operations, Warehouse Logistics Equipment, Information Technology, Management, Specialized Logistic. Management opens the opportunities for drivers to gain knowledge though learning tools. Opportunities are open it is up to the driver to indulge in the opportunity.Coworkers are awesome and happy. Happy driver is a awesome driver. Night and bad weather driving is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of this job is learning.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Excellent place to work. Great benefits and good hours.
Installation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 13, 2016
Excellent place to work and great benefits, along with good working hours. I enjoyed meeting their customers and working with the contractors on builder jobs. JB Hunt was the "final mile" of their appliance delivery. We ensured the customer's new appliances and other products were installed in a timely manner and made sure they worked properly.
Intern Carrier Sales Coordinator
Intern Carrier Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJune 1, 2016
• Develops and manages a network of outside carriers to ensure adequate capacity for a specific area
• Negotiates with carriers to meet margin requirements and ensure maximum profitability
• Ensures customer satisfaction and adequate service levels where freight is picked up and delivered
• Meets and exceeds margin and revenue goals for a specific branch
• Solicit new sales by developing leads and cold calling potential customers
Don't Waste Your Time
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 9, 2016
Worst company I have ever worked for hands down............ Place is run by a drunk and a bunch of immature college graduates who graduated with below average grades.
Pros
none..... there really are no pros to this sorry excuse of a job
Cons
So many to list but for starters the comapny is racist period, low wages, paid by what you install and the person who does the routes determines if you will make money.
jbhunt is not a good company
Cott Beverage Class A driver local (Former Employee) –  Glen Mills, PA 19342May 18, 2016
They are the worst to work for this is a company where you cant have nothing else going on in your life if you want to work for them. fleet manager cut cost to the point where we use to make 700+ a week after taxes to if we are luck 600. he cut cost so he was able to get his monthly bouses. this company also does not protect you in any way and you will get blamed for any thing that happens even if it is out of your control so be preprared for you dmv record to get trashed if you come here
Cons
money, management
Productive and fast paced, great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJuly 21, 2016
I learned a lot working here, I believe they could do better at training and explaining company policies by the book instead how workers interpret them. I learned so much about organization, computer skills, and time management.
Pros
Paid time off, 401k and great health insurance
Cons
you are easily replaceable
Ok working environment. Ok equipment. Ok people
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Hobart, INMay 7, 2016
I enjoy the people I work with. My only gripe is money. Sure I make the cents per mile but I haven't been getting the miles. Been with me for almost a quarter now and the only reason I went JB was the possible money through guarantee by even the dispatch team. We all know the game but at the time I recieved the call I was in dire need.
The unfortunate aspect is it has hurt me more than helped. I truly wish it were different.
Pros
Ok people. Ok equipment. Ok lanes.
Cons
Money
JB Hunt
Operation Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Edgerton, KSJuly 2, 2016
Fast growing trucking company with good pay and good benefits. However, 12 hour work days are the norm in a stressful office setting where it's hard to get away for lunch. The result is high turnover and high burnout.
Pros
Good pay for the industry. Fun group of co-workers.
Cons
Long work days with high stress. Being able to get away for lunch breaks is dificult.
DMIT (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 31, 2016
0700 to 17:00 work hours Monday thru Friday.
Management Staff unquestionably the best I have seen in the industry.
Great bunch of team player concept individuals
I would not call anything "hard" about the job
Finding solutions to problems when there looks like there are no solutions to be found.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Work space is a little crowded
Great growth opportunities
Intermodal Logistics Planner (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 2, 2016
JB Hunt is a company that allows you to get promoted very quickly, but you have to put in the work to get there. If you work harder than your peers, show more dedication and organization skills, you will be on the fast-track. Transportation is a very "black and white" industry, so if you are looking for a creative environment, this is not the place for you. Having said that, this a role with a lot of management opportunities within your first role, allowing a lot of room to bring your own ideas into play.
Pros
The PEOPLE
Cons
Great opportunity for advancement. Poor work/life balance
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 5, 2016
If you're willing to relocate, opportunities are endless. JB Hunt is all about the driver, so don't get discouraged when your concerns/priorities are put to the side.
Pros
Great people to work with in the office. Excellent management
Cons
poor work/life balance, too much focus on driver and not on managers.
Not much to say.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 1, 2016
A typical day at work is a 9+ hour day, moving appliances, scanning the items into location and figuring out whether or not it's going back out to the customer or if it is being returned.
Pros
Good hours, weekends off.
Cons
Did not feel room for growth, No communication, Obvious favoritism, Work life balance not so great, Ones voice would be ignored
Cubicle Life with a splash of fun
Partnership Development Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARApril 11, 2016
I work anything between 100 emails a day to problem solving several 3pl accounts.
I am the middle person that is all hands on deck for current issues to aftermath.
I love a great environment where my personality is able to shine and grow and work close to the work family.
Hardest part of the job is always finding balance to be able to give everyone the attention they are needing.
Pros
flexible
Cons
better pay
Diversity and empowerment is part of the culture
Substance Testing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJuly 29, 2016
There are many opportunities with JB Hunt. Work hard and be willing to be educated, there is plenty of opportunity for advancement and empowerment.
Pros
Education, Consistency, and Opportunity
Cons
Management strict regarding timeclock in unnecessary ways.
Fast moving environment
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJuly 21, 2016
50+ hour work week depending on position
Learned to work in high stress level environment
Knowledgeable supervisors
Employee morale is moderate
Hardest part of the job was dealing with after hours phone calls
Pros
Able to accomodate employees and their needs
Cons
Dealing with negative drivers

2.9