J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

Unsafe Working Environment
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VT 05301June 23, 2016
They will give you unsafe equipment (Trucks) to go out with and perform your duties. As well as unsafe trailers. Not always but enough so it became an issue. Would send you down into inner city Boston and other areas with a 51 ft trailer. Making your potential for an accident risk that much greater.

Only care about deliveries and not the drivers. Drivers are nothing but product pushers to JB HUNT.
Pros
In Depth Training Programs, SMITH SYSTEM, Helpful Drivers
Cons
Unsafe Working Conditions, Unsafe Equipment, Dangerous Routes, Work sometimes unavailble
Local truck driver
Driver (Current Employee) –  Haslet, TXJune 21, 2016
All of my management is very nice and helpful job it's self is enjoyable only con would be the pay could be better but overall a good company to work for
Pros
Job and management
Cons
Pay
Really? Is this where you want to go or do you just need a job?
Management, former employee (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJune 20, 2016
The old guard has largely left. They got the ball rolling for the new generation to "improve". The new guard apparently feels the need to make their mark. The current result? It has gone from a good ol boy network to a good ol girl network.

Driver support is now largely children just putting their fresh degree to work. Children managing working adults is not ideal. They are largely being directed by computer programs to make their decisions. When a decision is required outside the computer dynamic, the children haven't a clue what to do. It frustrates the working driver.

The office has largely become a filthy Petri dish. It is becoming a party environment...likely because it attracts children fresh from college. Are there still dedicated persons trying to get the monumental job done? Absolutely! Sadly, they are now in the great minority.

Here are a few tips to promote from within. Be a baptist. Be a woman or a minority. Whether you read the current trendy books or whether you do not, put them on your desk so they are seen. Buy into all the latest office speak now trending. Talk the talk, even if you don't walk the walk.

Look, it's a good company. They are just trying to find themselves. Unfortunately, it is truly shaped like a pyramid. The small group of folks at the top ultimately seem interested in protecting their often unearned benefits of power.

There has long been a saying among the ranks: Jbh trains a lot of people to succeed elsewhere.
Pros
Very nice coworkers
Cons
Arrogant, narcissistic executives
Hard work is recognized.
Dedicated accounts driver (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, ALJune 19, 2016
Dedicated account. Good money. Everything JB Hunt said they would do they have. That's saying alot in the trucking world. Account managers seem to be pretty good. Equipment is plan but good. Governed at 62mph but u get use to. Lots of safety equipment that does help but can be a pest at times in traffic. Nice uniforms provided. Dedicated account I'm on is very demanding, but the pay is adjusted to match. Work mon, tues., off wed. work thurs. fri. Off weekends. U will burn your 14hr clock up the days u work. More than a driving job. U get to build relationships with your customers. That is a big plus. Physically demanding in short periods that is good. Not for everyone! District manager is not that great but it could be a personality conflict. Orientation in Atlanta was great! The gals up there put u through the paces and are knowledgeable, they were and are drivers. Meals were not that great. Hotel was good. Pay has been spot on except for one time and my manager took care of it asap. The people net sucks! Not as good as other units. U learn to deal with it. Safety is good. There all about safety but listen also. This is a thinking man's job, u have to problem solve. If u want to hold a steering wheel and hang out in truck stops waiting on a load then this is not for u
. We get paid very well for a reason!
Pros
Money, weekends off, physically demanding
Cons
Long hrs. Governed at 62mph
good place to work
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJune 14, 2016
Transporting Freight to 48 states. logistics, safety, HOS, Governmental Requirements, Cargo Food Safety,Logistics Operations, Warehouse Logistics Equipment, Information Technology, Management, Specialized Logistic. Management opens the opportunities for drivers to gain knowledge though learning tools. Opportunities are open it is up to the driver to indulge in the opportunity.Coworkers are awesome and happy. Happy driver is a awesome driver. Night and bad weather driving is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of this job is learning.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
productive work place
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  South River, NJJune 13, 2016
stays busy always over time.... great enviorment, friendly everyone works as a team.i was a drivers helper at J,B Hunt and we delivered funiture in the new york area.
Driving for them was great
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 9, 2016
Great company to work for. The best part of the job was the home time and pay. The worst part was dealing with the department of transportation. I loved my customers at all the Chill's and Jack in the Boxes, It was fun to know that I was bringing them their merchandise.
Not a great place to work.
Cla A Driver (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTJune 9, 2016
The c&s a count was the worst. They only care about them self and the costumer. Every one complains about there job and how much they hate it. Not worth working for.
Pros
The pay is good.
Cons
You wont have a life.
a nightmare
Local Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 8, 2016
This job has been very stressful, unpromising financially, very rude managers. Make promises for miles and money you will only see the first months.Always has to ask about your pay.
Pros
trucks were fair new
Cons
pay and poor management
Dispatchers are full of nonsense; behavior not addressed
Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2016
Pay attention: When going through your training DO NOT LET your trainer log you in and out because the person can cause you to get a violation during this period. Make sure that when he is driving, he is logged in. When you are driving; you are logged in. Change your log in information immediately after getting out on your own. This company has spies to turn people in for things and if you attend any meetings about a union know management will find out. The planners and dispatchers are lazy and love to play games with your money so don't buy anything you can't afford unless you make a certain amount each week. Sign on bonus is given at the discretion of your fleet manager, who may in turn take their time in giving it out. Trucks are always in the shop and never fixed correctly.

Everyone wants to work in a comfortable environment without all of the childish behavior. I do my job, then leave me alone. If a certain trainer does not like you for no particular reason, he will get the planners and dispatchers to mistreat you. These dispatchers will send you wrong route information, send you to an area where they know the bridges are low, take a long time dispatching you for the next run, and they will send you way out somewhere knowing that your time will probably run out before making it back. Be very careful of this. Chicago traffic is terrible and what might take 45 minutes could take up to over 2 hours. Watch your clock and set your ETA don't let them do it for you because they will get you in violation. This company is full of people who are misguided. The majority of the
  more... planners and dispatchers need to be removed or at least reprimanded for their behavior. Three strikes you are out. The drivers help keep the money flowing not the dispatchers and planners. A happy drivers means more money.  less
Pros
Money and time off
Cons
Shady Planners and Dispatchers, money used to control drivers, dispatchers try to get you in violation, know your route to avoid low bridges because the system won't tell you
Great place to work!
IS Computer Operator IBM OS/390 Mainframe (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AR 72745June 5, 2016
Worked there over 22 years in IS Computers, great place to work! Managers and supervisors were very supportive as well as co-workers. Great Team work!
Pros
Great environment and culture to work in
Intern Carrier Sales Coordinator
Intern Carrier Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJune 1, 2016
• Develops and manages a network of outside carriers to ensure adequate capacity for a specific area
• Negotiates with carriers to meet margin requirements and ensure maximum profitability
• Ensures customer satisfaction and adequate service levels where freight is picked up and delivered
• Meets and exceeds margin and revenue goals for a specific branch
• Solicit new sales by developing leads and cold calling potential customers
Not much to say.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 1, 2016
A typical day at work is a 9+ hour day, moving appliances, scanning the items into location and figuring out whether or not it's going back out to the customer or if it is being returned.
Pros
Good hours, weekends off.
Cons
Did not feel room for growth, No communication, Obvious favoritism, Work life balance not so great, Ones voice would be ignored
great atmosphere
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMay 31, 2016
I have work for jb hunt 2 months and I love it I like the labor work and good pay when hired on the company full time. they treat you fair because they know it hard labor.
Shorter Hours
Logistics Coordinator Atlanta (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2016
Company culture is stuck in the 80s, with 10 hour work days required at all levels of leadership there is minimal work/life balance
Pros
Cons
bad healthcare and benefits
JB Hunt
Lead Driver (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 19, 2016
Monday thru Friday with the rare Saturday. Early in the morning to late afternoon or evening delivering and installing appliances some days are hard and others are easy.
Pros
Off on the weekends
Cons
Abuse on the body
great job
oil field swamper (Former Employee) –  Mexia, TXMay 18, 2016
this job I learn everything didn't know nothing when I started. management changed a lot. co-workers was the best work with. hardest part was the climbing. most enjoyable part was completing the job and everybody went home safe. over all this was a very great job
jbhunt is not a good company
Cott Beverage Class A driver local (Former Employee) –  Glen Mills, PA 19342May 18, 2016
They are the worst to work for this is a company where you cant have nothing else going on in your life if you want to work for them. fleet manager cut cost to the point where we use to make 700+ a week after taxes to if we are luck 600. he cut cost so he was able to get his monthly bouses. this company also does not protect you in any way and you will get blamed for any thing that happens even if it is out of your control so be preprared for you dmv record to get trashed if you come here
Cons
money, management
Decent Job
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Lockbourne, OHMay 13, 2016
On a local account. The job is fairly decent for what it is. My only problem is you can't plan a day out. Preplans are constantly changing throughout the day and it's hard to plan fuel and breaks.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Can't plan a day out
Ok working environment. Ok equipment. Ok people
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Hobart, INMay 7, 2016
I enjoy the people I work with. My only gripe is money. Sure I make the cents per mile but I haven't been getting the miles. Been with me for almost a quarter now and the only reason I went JB was the possible money through guarantee by even the dispatch team. We all know the game but at the time I recieved the call I was in dire need.
The unfortunate aspect is it has hurt me more than helped. I truly wish it were different.
Pros
Ok people. Ok equipment. Ok lanes.
Cons
Money