Location - 12122 - 68 Street, Edmonton, AB T5B 1R1 (We will not relocate)
Salary Range - $35,000.00 - $45,000.00
Position to start - ASAP
The Network Administrator will be a key member of the support team, assisting the Desktop Support Analyst in support of end-users, maintaining servers and network equipment, and undertaking projects as required. The successful candidate must bring not only a basic technical skill set, but a positive attitude and willingness to learn and grow.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Share help-desk work with Desktop Support Analyst, including support of PCs, printers, mobile devices, and business applications;
- Provide assistance to desktop support in troubleshooting server and network issues;
- Maintenance, monitoring, and updates to physical and virtual servers, network storage, switches, routers, etc.;
- Project work as required including new server setup, scripting and automation, and other projects as necessary;
- Maintain documentation;
- Occasional travel to remote branch offices may be required;
- Occasional overtime and work outside normal business hours may be required.
Personal Characteristics required:
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong Organizational skills;
- Ability to communicate well in both written and oral formats;
- Flexible, patient and detail oriented.
- The ideal candidate will have one or more of the following qualifications: a technical diploma, two years of I.T. support experience, at least two current certifications;
- Eligible to work in Canada;
- Some experience with Windows Server, Linux, and enterprise network equipment is a must.
Experience with the following technologies is considered an asset:
- Virtualization with VMWare and XenServer;
- Red Hat Linux;
- Windows Server including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, and Network Access Protection;
- Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, and Sharepoint;
- Alfresco, OTRS, OpenNMS, OpenVPN, and other open-source applications;
- Avaya telephone systems and Voip;
- Cisco iOS routers and access points, OSPF routing, VPN tunnels, etc.;
- HP and Brocade Switches;
- Citrix XenApp;
- Oracle DB;
- NAS and iSCSI network storage;
- Scripting in Bash and Powershell.
- Office environment;
- May require flexible hours with little overtime if required.
Indeed - 6 months ago