J. Crew Group, Inc.

J. Crew Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Stuck up
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Queenstown, MDFebruary 10, 2014
typical day all I did was fold and neaten store. Learned nothing, coworkers were rude, hardest part was learning anything when they are not willing to teach you. Nothing enjoyable.
Unfair practices--Let go for no reason
Distribution Center (Former Employee), Arden, NCFebruary 7, 2014
Cons: management don't care
With J.Crew don't think about advancement opportunities. If you are not young, you will never be hired. Put in applications over 10 times and never got an interview. Don't matter if you have experience. People come in and work 2 weeks and get hired if you are young and you know someone. They make you think everything is fine, then get canned for some – more... stupid reason and you did not even know anything was wrong. Will go on unemployment before I would ever work for them again. Supervisors are sneaky and can let you go without giving their name. Management don't care about their employees only themselves. God sees everything when they treat people wrong. Management need to be careful that the same thing does not happen to them. – less
Bypass this Company!! (JCrew)
Associate (Former Employee), Destin, FLJanuary 30, 2014
With J.Crew there is no work/life balance and dont even think about advancement opportunities they dont exist. The discount is worth nothing as a customer you have a better deal. Upper management dont care about there employees only themselves. Benefits suck!
fast fashion
Personal Shopper (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 29, 2014
high turnover rate, quality of life is tested with the pay rate, great management, seamless advancement
Fun and Easy Job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2014
This job was very easy to preform but it became so incredibly boring it was almost unbearable.
Fun and laid back
Associate Manager (Mens Merchant) (Current Employee), MinneapolisJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: excellent clothes and generous discounts
Cons: n/a
I've worked here for over seven years and could easily do another seven.......
Great Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIJanuary 17, 2014
I was lucky enough to work with such a great management team..
great crew
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: few hours
I enjoyed working for JCrew, it was an amazing team of friendly, hardworking people. I developed interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to be proactive and a quick thinker. The management was well balanced and adequate.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIJanuary 10, 2014
helping customers with decisions, the employer was thoughtful
fun place to work. everyone i work with is very nice and management is great
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Paramus, NJJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: some days we get free lunch and cookies baed by one of the managers
Cons: the less sales you make the less hours you get
Great environment.
Management is excellent and very understandable.
fun place to work
Crewcuts Merchandiser/Visual Supervisor (Current Employee), Short Hills, NJDecember 30, 2013
I love my job with Jcrew but there is not much room for advancement and Id like to continue learning and growing in the visuals and merchandising field.
busy environment and alot of things to do
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Greenwich, CTDecember 29, 2013
Pros: i meet alot of people
Cons: seasonal position
I would help customers with their purchases and Inventory control. I love helping customers with their problems and coming up with solutions.
Fast paced and stressful
Client Specialist (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VADecember 16, 2013
My typical day at J.Crew consisted of me answering calls and filling out customer orders. My supervisors were always patient but always stressed soliciting J.Crew Credit Cards on our customers - that part of the job was easily my least favorite. The most enjoyable part was being able to help customers with picking out gifts or finding the perfect shoes – more... to go with their outfit. It was always very rewarding when customers were extremely thankful for my assistance. – less
Day to Day at JCrew
Sales Support / Visual Merchandising Associate (Current Employee), Pasadena, CADecember 6, 2013
Pros: atmosphere, customers, advancement in the company
Cons: low on hours
Like most retail stores JCrew's day to day is very different and really reflects on the customers you come across. You have certain situations to deal with whether its good or bad. Most days are good and I am able to assist individuals as best as I can. I would say that is the hardest part about working in retail. You really don't know what kind of – more... situation you will stumble upon. I try to please the customer but at the same time follow company policies. Managers are great and they allow us to learn new things with in the company. Within a year, I have learned hands on visual merchandising assets along with sales and customer service. The most enjoyable part of my job are the visuals. I love connecting with customers through the windows and mannequins. – less
Great place to coast
Distribution Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 2, 2013
J Crew is a great company if you would like to coast in your career. Employees are treated well and there is a great culture but there is not much professional development to be had.
Retail is all in what YOU make it. However it teaches you so much about LIFE!!!
Accessories Department Lead (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 26, 2013
Pros: benifits
Cons: no room for advancement
Overall my experience at J. Crew has not been that bad. The company itself is not a bad place to work, however the people i.e majority of the managers can make it very difficult. I wont say that all of them are terrible although there are alot of lazy individuals in leadership. Also I wish corporate was more hands on when it came to promotions and advancement. – more... It is extremely difficult to climb the ladder when your store director is not for you or your immediate manager does not acknowledge room for your growth. All and all I probally would never work at J. Crew again or refer anyone I deeply care about. – less
Productive an good team members
Processer (Current Employee), Arden, NCNovember 18, 2013
Pros: sometimes they supply free lunches.
Cons: our breaks are very short.
I come in early to ensure I am there on time. I clock in an go to my station an see what my duties are for the day then go to proceed my duties to the best of my ability .
Ask questions if unsure of something.
I have maintained a good professional relationship with all co-worker
I have yet to come across any struggles.
Learning new things each an every – more... day, able to come into a organize work space, an get what needs to be done proficiently . – less
Easy work atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 6, 2013
Pros: 50% off on most items
Cons: pay and hours
*Standard retail job

*Great employee benefits on clothes

*Simple job Duties
Bleek and undesirable work space.
Goodstock Associate, Selector (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VANovember 4, 2013
Long days in a less than sightly warehouse with extremely unintelligent people.
Awful working environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAOctober 30, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: rude customers, low employee morale, horrible management, long hours, minimal breaks
I worked in one of the call centers for J. Crew and I really wouldn't recommend this job to anyone. A typical day consists of 30-40 calls from people screaming and cursing at you because their order took longer than a week to arrive; or for some other trivial issue. After about a week of very poor training you will be thrown out on the floor to fend – more... for yourself with no help whatsoever. Customers are often extremely entitled and rude, and spend an entire call incoherently screaming into your ear while insulting your intelligence. It doesn't help that due to the minimal training you have no idea how to handle most of the situations people are calling in about. You will be told you are allowed to hang up on these callers, but will be written up if you do so.
Management does not care about employees and will write you up for pretty much everything. Some examples: being one minute late when returning from break, using the restroom during a 10 hour shift when you are only given one 30 min lunch break for the entire day, disconnecting a call when a customer verbally abuses you, asking a customer to stop making lewd comments to you over the phone, using one of your sick days, etc etc. During downtime you are not allowed to do anything except look at the J.Crew website so you can recommend clothes to customers. This means that if you have no calls for 3 hours, you will spend them either staring into space or reading the website. The only good thing about this job is that since everyone quits after a few months they are desperate to keep people so you have a lot of job security.
The pay seems good at first, but it really is not worth it at all when you take into account that you will spend every day wishing you never accepted this position. – less

About J. Crew Group, Inc.

J.Crew debuted in 1983 with the mailing of its first catalog. Six years later, we opened a flagship store at New York's South – Read more

J. Crew Group, Inc. Photos