J. Crew Group, Inc.

J. Crew Group, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIJanuary 17, 2014
I was lucky enough to work with such a great management team..
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIJanuary 10, 2014
helping customers with decisions, the employer was thoughtful
fun place to work. everyone i work with is very nice and management is great
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Paramus, NJJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: some days we get free lunch and cookies baed by one of the managers
Cons: the less sales you make the less hours you get
Great environment.
Management is excellent and very understandable.
fun place to work
Crewcuts Merchandiser/Visual Supervisor (Current Employee), Short Hills, NJDecember 30, 2013
I love my job with Jcrew but there is not much room for advancement and Id like to continue learning and growing in the visuals and merchandising field.
busy environment and alot of things to do
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Greenwich, CTDecember 29, 2013
Pros: i meet alot of people
Cons: seasonal position
I would help customers with their purchases and Inventory control. I love helping customers with their problems and coming up with solutions.
Fast paced and stressful
Client Specialist (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VADecember 16, 2013
My typical day at J.Crew consisted of me answering calls and filling out customer orders. My supervisors were always patient but always stressed soliciting J.Crew Credit Cards on our customers - that part of the job was easily my least favorite. The most enjoyable part was being able to help customers with picking out gifts or finding the perfect shoes – more... to go with their outfit. It was always very rewarding when customers were extremely thankful for my assistance. – less
Great place to coast
Distribution Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 2, 2013
J Crew is a great company if you would like to coast in your career. Employees are treated well and there is a great culture but there is not much professional development to be had.
Retail is all in what YOU make it. However it teaches you so much about LIFE!!!
Accessories Department Lead (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 26, 2013
Pros: benifits
Cons: no room for advancement
Overall my experience at J. Crew has not been that bad. The company itself is not a bad place to work, however the people i.e majority of the managers can make it very difficult. I wont say that all of them are terrible although there are alot of lazy individuals in leadership. Also I wish corporate was more hands on when it came to promotions and advancement. – more... It is extremely difficult to climb the ladder when your store director is not for you or your immediate manager does not acknowledge room for your growth. All and all I probally would never work at J. Crew again or refer anyone I deeply care about. – less
Easy work atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 6, 2013
Pros: 50% off on most items
Cons: pay and hours
*Standard retail job

*Great employee benefits on clothes

*Simple job Duties
Bleek and undesirable work space.
Goodstock Associate, Selector (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VANovember 4, 2013
Long days in a less than sightly warehouse with extremely unintelligent people.
Awful working environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAOctober 30, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: rude customers, low employee morale, horrible management, long hours, minimal breaks
I worked in one of the call centers for J. Crew and I really wouldn't recommend this job to anyone. A typical day consists of 30-40 calls from people screaming and cursing at you because their order took longer than a week to arrive; or for some other trivial issue. After about a week of very poor training you will be thrown out on the floor to fend – more... for yourself with no help whatsoever. Customers are often extremely entitled and rude, and spend an entire call incoherently screaming into your ear while insulting your intelligence. It doesn't help that due to the minimal training you have no idea how to handle most of the situations people are calling in about. You will be told you are allowed to hang up on these callers, but will be written up if you do so.
Management does not care about employees and will write you up for pretty much everything. Some examples: being one minute late when returning from break, using the restroom during a 10 hour shift when you are only given one 30 min lunch break for the entire day, disconnecting a call when a customer verbally abuses you, asking a customer to stop making lewd comments to you over the phone, using one of your sick days, etc etc. During downtime you are not allowed to do anything except look at the J.Crew website so you can recommend clothes to customers. This means that if you have no calls for 3 hours, you will spend them either staring into space or reading the website. The only good thing about this job is that since everyone quits after a few months they are desperate to keep people so you have a lot of job security.
The pay seems good at first, but it really is not worth it at all when you take into account that you will spend every day wishing you never accepted this position. – less
Great environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), VAOctober 30, 2013
Skilled team
Customer centric environment
Continuously learning and perfecting skills
Hardworking fun workplace
Assistant Designer (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 29, 2013
Wonderful place to work, great team environment filled with creative dedicated people
Nice atmosphere
International sales/service representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 9, 2013
Pros: nice people
Cons: very slow work
Calm environment. Nice co-workers and supervisors. You learn to deal with many different customers in different parts of the world. The hardest part of the job was keeping busy when there was work was slow. The most enjoyable part of this job was the people you work and deal with.
Quality clothing.
Client Specialist (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VASeptember 26, 2013
Assisted customers with their online clothing purchases.
Go work place
Lead Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 21, 2013
Good work place happy with my time I spent there.
I learned life long lessons with this company
Fun Place to work
Mens Personal Stylist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 14, 2013
Pros: great culture, good compensation
Cons: micromanagement, poor work/life balance
I enjoyed working here, the relationships you maintain with repeat customers being the best part, but at times the management can impede your ability to help customers as you may feel you should.
Great company
Stylist (Current Employee), Westport, CTSeptember 9, 2013
Great company---looking to grow and start a career with 770
sales driven, good compensation for the top people
Personal Shopper (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 4, 2013
Very corporate environment, that is sales driven. Good opportunity to advance in sales if you are the top person.
good job.
Merchandising | Sales | Training (Former Employee), Lead CashierAugust 27, 2013
Pros: good staff, good management, incentives, trained in all aspect of the store.
Cons: hours are shaky if part time
you were trained to do all aspect of the store so when you moved on or up with the company you were prepared. Also gave all necessary tools that was needed to be the best seller you could be.

About J. Crew Group, Inc.

J.Crew debuted in 1983 with the mailing of its first catalog. Six years later, we opened a flagship store at New York's South – Read more