J. Crew Group, Inc.

J. Crew Group, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun retail place of work
Cash Register, J.Crew Menʼs Shop (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 2, 2014
Process sales, exchanges at the cash register help customer find items backstock check items for customers
Do not work in this environment!
Associate Manager (Former Employee), georgiaMarch 29, 2014
This company was not at all fair. Management expected to do everything, all the work, cleaning bathrooms, etc... Store director did nothing. A long day, no breaks. Horrible hours, all weekends..Low pay for Management. Horrible raises. Terrible accountability system. If you receive complaints, you are in trouble. If you receive compliments, no thank – more... you's. No incentives for Management. Too many rules. Horribly unfair HR in New York. Brand is overpriced and not exciting any longer. – less
Customer Service and Sale Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gaffney, SCMarch 25, 2014
Working with the public matured me a lot in my job field because i had to different cultures and different age groups.
Fun and inspiring company to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 24, 2014
J.Crew is such an excellent brand it is truly an exciting place to work. The designers are so innovative it is really great to see how they are able to keep an established brand so incredibly current.
Great work atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 15, 2014
Balance cash registers
Process cash transactions.Opportunity for advancement
Very easy going people and fast tempo work.
Packing Associate (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAMarch 9, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: un-paid short breaks
Typical days at work would consist of packing boxes with clothes. I learned how to work individually and prioritize everything with my own self motivation. The management as well as my co-workers were both very easy-going and not difficult to get along with.
Productive and fun place to work with a high associate ownership, accountability and level of support.
Store Director (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMarch 8, 2014
The most productive teams and places to work. J. Crew allows personal skills to come to the forefront while developing talent to be industry leaders. Best experience for growing talent and skills in retail!
Productive and Busy Place
Sales Support (Former Employee), Aventura, FLFebruary 17, 2014
J crew was a pretty mellow but hard working place my first Job in Florida so I had a lot of adjusting to do as far as Traveling, the people, and environment. I was mainly in the stock room taking care of shipment and organizing the clothes and also maintaining the floor from time to time, when asked upon I would also be on the sales floor helping customers – more... and taking care of Cashier duties. Management was decent, co-workers were pretty professional and hardworking I worked well them. The hardest part of the Job was just getting used to the distance I was fresh in the area so I had a hard time getting there, and the most enjoyable part was the discount we were given by the company to enjoy the wonderful cothes. – less
Stuck up
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Queenstown, MDFebruary 10, 2014
typical day all I did was fold and neaten store. Learned nothing, coworkers were rude, hardest part was learning anything when they are not willing to teach you. Nothing enjoyable.
Unfair practices--Let go for no reason
Distribution Center (Former Employee), Arden, NCFebruary 7, 2014
Cons: management don't care
With J.Crew don't think about advancement opportunities. If you are not young, you will never be hired. Put in applications over 10 times and never got an interview. Don't matter if you have experience. People come in and work 2 weeks and get hired if you are young and you know someone. They make you think everything is fine, then get canned for some – more... stupid reason and you did not even know anything was wrong. Will go on unemployment before I would ever work for them again. Supervisors are sneaky and can let you go without giving their name. Management don't care about their employees only themselves. God sees everything when they treat people wrong. Management need to be careful that the same thing does not happen to them. – less
Bypass this Company!! (JCrew)
Associate (Former Employee), Destin, FLJanuary 30, 2014
With J.Crew there is no work/life balance and dont even think about advancement opportunities they dont exist. The discount is worth nothing as a customer you have a better deal. Upper management dont care about there employees only themselves. Benefits suck!
fast fashion
Personal Shopper (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 29, 2014
high turnover rate, quality of life is tested with the pay rate, great management, seamless advancement
Fun and Easy Job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2014
This job was very easy to preform but it became so incredibly boring it was almost unbearable.
Fun and laid back
Associate Manager (Mens Merchant) (Current Employee), MinneapolisJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: excellent clothes and generous discounts
Cons: n/a
I've worked here for over seven years and could easily do another seven.......
Great Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIJanuary 17, 2014
I was lucky enough to work with such a great management team..
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIJanuary 10, 2014
helping customers with decisions, the employer was thoughtful
fun place to work. everyone i work with is very nice and management is great
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Paramus, NJJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: some days we get free lunch and cookies baed by one of the managers
Cons: the less sales you make the less hours you get
Great environment.
Management is excellent and very understandable.
fun place to work
Crewcuts Merchandiser/Visual Supervisor (Current Employee), Short Hills, NJDecember 30, 2013
I love my job with Jcrew but there is not much room for advancement and Id like to continue learning and growing in the visuals and merchandising field.
busy environment and alot of things to do
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Greenwich, CTDecember 29, 2013
Pros: i meet alot of people
Cons: seasonal position
I would help customers with their purchases and Inventory control. I love helping customers with their problems and coming up with solutions.
Fast paced and stressful
Client Specialist (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VADecember 16, 2013
My typical day at J.Crew consisted of me answering calls and filling out customer orders. My supervisors were always patient but always stressed soliciting J.Crew Credit Cards on our customers - that part of the job was easily my least favorite. The most enjoyable part was being able to help customers with picking out gifts or finding the perfect shoes – more... to go with their outfit. It was always very rewarding when customers were extremely thankful for my assistance. – less

About J. Crew Group, Inc.

J.Crew debuted in 1983 with the mailing of its first catalog. Six years later, we opened a flagship store at New York's South – Read more