J. Crew Group, Inc.

J. Crew Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great lunch area
Picking and Packing (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VANovember 3, 2014
Weekend shift 6a-6p. 3 twenty minute breaks. standing constant moving.
Productive and extremely hectic
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAOctober 29, 2014
My day to day duties included everything from greeting and assisting customers into fitting rooms, with outfits, to occasionally working as cashier as well. Our goal at J. Crew was to make sure that every customer left satisfied with our customer services. We wanted the customers to know that they will do anything and everything that we can to meet their needs. If we did not have a certain item in our stores that they wanted, it was our responsibility to call other J. Crew locations to see if they had it, and if that didn’t work out then we would order certain products for the customers online and if was not available for them in certain sizes then we would use the what we called the red phone in the store and order products for the customers outside of California and made sure that their orders got shipped to their front steps.
I loved working for J.Crew
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Akron, OHOctober 27, 2014
J.Crew was a fun company to work for, it didnt even feel like work while I was there.
Great environment, but a lot of sitting!
Client Specialist (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: cubicle-style work space
In my typical day, as I did every day, I answered the phone with an elegant remark as, "Thank you for calling J.Crew, my name is Kayla, how can I help you today?" After my introduction I would then apply my training, guides, and policies to use by assisting the customer in their needs. I learned a lot about myself, and found that sitting in a cubicle in a call center is just not for me. My co-workers were the best part about the job- everyone is friendly and willing to give you a helping hand whenever you needed it.
Great place to work.
Sales Support (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAOctober 16, 2014
Great part-time job for people who are passionate about fashion, visual merchandising, customer service, and recruiting.
Productive and engaging work environment
International Marketing Summer Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 16, 2014
Co-Workers were extremely helpful and pleasant.
Great desk set ups and computers.
Room for advancement.
Great place to work part time.
SALES ASSOCIATE/CASHIER/PERSONAL SHOPPER (Former Employee), Commerce, GAOctober 14, 2014
I worked with them for over 4 years and don't have a single negative thing to say about the company.
Excellent place to work
Sales and Clientele Specialist (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 26, 2014
Very organized and structured work environment. J.crew takes training seriously and invests on its people.
Very nice and easy work place
Senior Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: amazingly flexible with schedules
Cons: short lunches
I enjoyed working at Jcrew and had my longest stay with this company. I felt nothing but support when it came to the management. I just was able to maintain the distance/attendance.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Wisconsin Dells, WISeptember 23, 2014
My coworkers feel like family. We have a great client database. The discount is fantastic.
Stylish Company, Stypish Work
Client Specialist (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: free coffe, massage chairs, positive atmosphere
Cons: after holidays cut
Working as a Client Specialist I constatnly sold credit cards and merchandise to my customers via phone. The customers were great, most of the time, and was quite rewarding. My manager was great, and they love feedback on how to improve your work life. They had free coffee and a massage chair for when the holdiays got really stressful! Unfortunately a lot of people constantly get cut after the holiday rush and there's a 50/50 chance you'd be hired back on. But overall not a bad place to work.
fun
customer services / Sales Consultant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 9, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Very Good
Stock Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: good environment of people to work around.
Cons: no cons!
The j crew experience is good. This is one of the top brands in the fashion business. Learning many things about middle level/preppy high fashion. Quality of fabric and design comes first!
Exceptional Management, Great Employees, Caring Atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Deer Park, NYSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: excellent work enviorment
Cons: work schedule is never consistant
Tasks given are all reachable and reasonable
Growth and development imminent within a short amount of time regarding customer service, communication skills and accountability
Couldn't ask to work for better management
Co-workers become like family overtime
The hardest part of the job is at times not having enough hours to come in and work
The most enjoyable part of the job is working hard for people who care about you on a level besides work, the environment is as close as a family environment, the managers as well as the co-workers are always flexible and lend a hand of help whenever needed.
Challenging and dynamic workplace
Store Director/Market Point Person (Current Employee), Hingham, MAAugust 18, 2014
I am currently responsible for completing all facets of maintaining a business in a fast paced retail environment. My daily responsibilities include all aspects of Operational management, Human Resources management, communication with upper management and corporate level executives, as well as marketing and event planning to drive business and meet demanding sales goals. Throughout various times during the year I also step into a Project management role to assist the company with store projects in the Northeast Region.
I pride myself in being a self-motivated and committed person with a passion for learning and growth. I am organized, creative, and have an impeccable level of attention to detail. I adapt quickly to a variety of work environments and situations, have excellent communication skills, and handle myself extremely well under pressure. I have a strong passion and proven record for systems development, and feel confident that my solid and transferrable skills would allow me to make a significant contribution to your companies continued success.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you for the opportunity to discuss my credentials further.
Great option for a retail job
Very Personal Stylist (Former Employee), Durham, NCAugust 18, 2014
Pros: great discount
J.Crew cares about its employees and compensates them generously. I really enjoyed my time there and would highly recommend this company to anyone seeking a retail position.
Excellent customer base
Sales Associate, J. Crew (Former Employee), Garden City, NYAugust 15, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: schedule
Superb fashion sense. Learned how to get to know and understand customers needs/wants and address them individually. Management was great, very flexible. Coworkers are fun to work with. Most difficult part of job was sometimes trying to meet the needs of customers that couldn't decide on a particular style they were seeking. It was still enjoyable to see them eventually put things together based on recommendations made.
Great Job for students or second income
Sales Associate (Current Employee), ChicagoAugust 10, 2014
Great Discount, flexible and can be fun, management is good
merchandise processer
Merchandise Processor (Current Employee), Lynchburg VaJuly 26, 2014
I picked and pack products. Good stock, Its a good company and job if your full time if you go in seasonal part time their determined to keep you part time for ever. The people are an older crowd so its a good place without drama.
Good Store Associate
Sales Associate, Visuals (Former Employee), Wayne, NJJuly 9, 2014
Pros: knowledgeable in fabrics, clothing, and accessories
Cons: holidays and weekends
"Wordrobe" and assist customers with product knowledge. I was able to give customers my opinion and assist in finding the perfect outfit,

About J. Crew Group, Inc.

J.Crew debuted in 1983 with the mailing of its first catalog. Six years later, we opened a flagship store at New York's South – Read more

J. Crew Group, Inc. Photos