J. Crew Group, Inc.

J. Crew Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun workplace, poor advancement opportunities
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 17, 2015
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: maintaining the store takes up most of your time if you're not the top sales associate
Working here is really great, the team at the location I work at is always welcoming and fun to work with. A typical day as a sales associate includes greeting customers, answering questions about merchandise, inventory checking for customers, maintaining the sales floor, and closing down the store by folding the entire store. The hardest part about this job is dealing with certain customers who feel like they are entitled to everything, folding, sizing, and edging every pile of clothing within an hour or two after closing, meeting sales goals when there are barely enough customers in the store while having Very Personal Stylists (AKA senior sales associates who have top priority) selling to most of the customers. The most enjoyable part of this job is the work environment, people are very friendly.
Fashion
Personal Stylist (Former Employee), Toronto,ONJuly 29, 2014
Pros: loved
Cons: hours
Customer Service. Personal Stylist. amazing time work there as a part time stylist. meet customer need by selecting the right outfit.
solidified my retail passion
Cash/ Sales /Stock / Visual Merch (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 24, 2014
Pros: great learning opportunities
Cons: not enough room to grow competing with favourites
This job was an amazing experience, everyday was different but you had your regulars who are in love with the brand. You are able to go to management and get scheduling issues resolved. the only thing is after three years it became stagnant for some individuals and it was because management started to favour different individuals, that was out in the open and many people ended their careers there because of it. But jcrew is a strong company with great training, opened up many opportunities as small as being able to change a light bulb in the changing rooms to processing shipments in and out with a great stock manager. Ive gotten to dabble in the visual merchandising time and did overnights when new seasons came in. This company solidified my passion for the retail industry.
The best company and job I've ever had!
Visual Merchandising Associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: being awarded for doing a good job (free breakfast before work) and fulfilling customer's needs.
Cons: long, fun hours! dealing with challenges in the work environment
My typical day as a visual merchandising associate would start at 7 a.m. When I was hired to do this job I had no retail experience but the hiring manager believed my previous experience would be ideal for the position. I learned to be a visual merchandiser as I usually received shipment and had to work on the display if the merchandise. I also took care of the markdowns and anything that was related to merchandising.
When I was done with that I normally worked on the floor to sell. I enjoyed interacting with the customers and getting comfortable each day! My sales were as good as the associates that had worked for the company longer than I and mostly in the top 3.
The most enjoyable part of this job was when customers that I helped left the store satisfied with my service and help. That always made my day.
When I was a fashion design student I knew I wanted to work in the industry but not as a designer. I feel sales is something that I was meant to do- I enjoy customer service and the creative side of it so much.
Passion for Fashion
Stylist and Sales Support Staff (Current Employee), TorontoOctober 30, 2012
Pros: clothing discount
Cons: salary
I admire those who work at JCrew and their extensive knowledge of the product line and being able to assist clients in finding their style.
It can get hectic on the floor, but it is to be expected when the company is just beginning to grow in Canada
Industry