Our downtown, hard-working family law/litigation firm is seeking a skilled legal assistant to join our growing team. This position is to cover a maternity leave but has the potential for permanency. In this position you will work closely with our Associates in addition to the Law Clerks and other Legal Assistants. Candidates must possess a minimum of two years of experience in family law.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Up-date and manage Continuing Records.
- Preparation of documents for service and filing with the court.
- Prepare files in advance for meetings.
- Schedule meetings, conference calls and work with Associates in management of calendars and deadlines.
- Liaising with court personnel on court filings, appearances and court documents.
- Assist in indexing disclosure.
- Send letters via facsimile and prepare couriers for delivery.
- General file management and maintenance.
- Open and close files.
- Minimal back up reception.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Competencies & Skills:
- Post-Secondary diploma or certificate in Legal administration.
- Knowledge of the Family Law Rules, DivorceMate and PC Law, desirable.
- Advanced proficiency using Microsoft Office applications.
- Superior organizational skills to proactively manage files, records and documents.
- Strong time management skills to multitask and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to work under pressure and anticipate needs, adjust to changing priorities and handle tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent telephone manners and highly developed communication skills.
- Personable, professional demeanour and diligent work ethic.
- Strong interpersonal skills, along with diplomacy and professionalism.
- Ability to handle confidential information with integrity and discretion.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment is essential.
Please send your cover letter, resume and references to Stacey Grabowski by email.
Indeed - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard -