J & L Beef Limited (Cloverdale, BC)
A Progressive Food Processing Plant
Quality Assurance & Control Technician – Meat Processing & Packing Unit
J & L Beef Limited a Progressive Food Processing Plant is seeking a motivated and experienced Quality Assurance & Control Technician for their – Meat Processing & Packing Unit (FULL TIME POSITION) to join our QC team. If you have the following education, training or experience, we want to hear from you:
Ensures and making sure that a product and its manufacturing process meet a food quality and safety standards. Ensuring that the process guidelines are followed effectively and safely. Taking responsibility in making sure that the workers follow the guidelines related to GMP, and HACCP. Work closely with Plant Production team & QC team to provide quick response to production requests relating testing and inspection. Performs and assists on other QC duties as required. Complete tasks at the request of the QC Manager.
Job Functions /Responsibilities
- Checks the incoming & outgoing product quality as per the standards-.
- Communicates Sunrise in case of any problem in incoming material.
- Ensures that correct product name and expiry date is labeled on the finished product.
- Monitors TQC, GMP and HACCP Programs and performs record keeping.
- Inspects packaging, storage, and shipping facilities for conformance to company sanitation and safety standards:
- Informs designated person of conditions requiring immediate repair, such as unsanitary condition of baskets and various plant areas.
- May set up and perform sensory and bacteria tests at various stages of processing from raw-materials to finished products, and compiles and evaluates record to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products:
- Based on any discrepancy in the test results, applies quality control procedures like GMP or watch tightly on production process.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of production capacity.
- Ensures General Maintenance Practices by checking whether employees follow proper sanitation procedures such as keeping work area clean, using clean gloves, wearing clean aprons, helmets, hair nets, steel-toe shoes that can be cleaned and sanitized.
- Ensures that meat product is kept at proper temperature during production and during storage to preserve quality.
- Completes documentation provided by HACCP Program on daily basis.
- Oversees all pest control activities, including overseeing the activities of the Pest Control Provider.
- Follows laboratory safety policies, company policies, procedures and standards for safety, (GMP’s and HACCP).
- Carries special projects as requested by Supervisor.
Maintains prompt and courteous response to production team requests within the guidelines set forth by JL Beef Ltd
Flexible to shifts timings, must Perform Overtime & Week End work as required
High School Graduate with technical qualification ( HACCP & GMP certification will an asset)
Have 1 to 2 years related experience
Experience in a Food Processing Plant an asset
Proficient skill in MS Office applications ( Word, Excel, and Outlook)
Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
Be success-driven and have a “can do” attitude
Be able to work independently, as well as being a strong team player
Have a good QC &safety record
The benefits that will be offered will include:
Full time position with attractive compensation.
Generous benefits after qualified hours worked.
Work for Premier Company with a progressive growth strategy & excellent opportunity for personal and professional growth
Secure and rewarding working environment
If interested please email your resume to the attention of Human Resources Supervisor. We thank all applicants; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Indeed - 9 months ago