J+B Engineering Inc. is a Canadian-owned consulting firm that provides integrated multi-disciplinary engineering and architectural design, drafting, and project management services to most downstream petroleum and many industrial, commercial, and government clients across Canada. After over 30 years of downstream petroleum engineering consulting experience, J+B has established itself as the industry leader. The company presently comprises about 80 staff working from offices in Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, and St. John’s.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, challenging and diverse projects, broad job scope, personalized training and coaching. We provide an excellent opportunity for personal growth and development for new and experienced professionals. A desire to learn and contribute more and more, innovation and dedication are recognized and rewarded.
We have a potential immediate opening for a Project Coordinator in Calgary for a significant new client opportunity. This role will have increasing responsibilities and may progress to a full project manager position over time, subject to interest, qualifications, and opportunity.
- Provide project coordination and documentation as well as contract administration support to project managers
- Coordinate drawing packages and work with all engineering disciplines
- Assist in updating weekly reports and task managing documents
- Work with city planning departments and utility companies to arrange permits and utility hook-ups
- Review and approve drawings issued for permits, tendering, construction and as-builts
- Update project schedules and weekly budget reports
- Assist in managing internal and external resources
- Provide project change management support by assessing contemplated change orders and issuing site instructions and construction change orders
- Coordinate the design team for small projects
- Manage the client, inter-office, and regulatory interfaces for small projects
- Conduct design compliance inspections and issue site visit reports for small projects
- Certificate from a technical college
- Proven leadership and coordination abilities
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, prioritization, analytical, and administration abilities
- Ability to read construction drawings and guide drafting technologists
- Self-motivated, disciplined, enthusiastic, and productive with minimal supervision
- Willing and able to “step up” under pressure to meet deadlines and maintain productivity during occasional slack times in a dynamic consulting environment
- Trustworthy to meet deadlines, report variances, and comply with company standards
- Patient and persistent, innovative, and detail oriented
- Thrives on managing multiple projects and objectives
- Enjoys working with people and embraces diversity
- A C.E.T. diploma or equivalent is an asset
- Construction/field experience is an asset
- Tenant improvement, retail petroleum, and single structure construction project coordination and permit process experience is an asset
- Architectural drafting knowledge is an asset
- Some day and overnight travel to client locations will be required
If interested, please send resume by November 16th, 2012.
Indeed - 22 months ago