J+B Engineering Inc. is a Canadian-owned consulting firm that provides integrated multi-disciplinary engineering and architectural design, drafting, and project management services to most downstream petroleum and many industrial, commercial, and government clients across Canada. After over 30 years of downstream petroleum engineering consulting experience, J+B has established itself as the industry leader. The company presently comprises about 80 staff working from offices in Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, and St. John’s.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, challenging and diverse projects, broad job scope, personalized training and coaching. We provide an excellent opportunity for personal growth and development for new and experienced professionals. A desire to continuously learn and contribute, innovation and dedication are recognized and rewarded.
We have an immediate opening for an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer in our Calgary Office.
- Guide the development and preparation of the mechanical design of retail and commercial fuelling facilities, in compliance with applicable codes, corporate and client standards
- Prepare sketches and provide specifications for mechanical plans to AutoCAD technicians
- Perform design calculations for HVAC, hydraulic, and plumbing systems
- Provide engineering solutions to mechanical problems and recommend/select the appropriate equipment
- Provide mechanical value engineering guidance
- Provide guidance to junior mechanical engineers and technologists
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines
- Support business development initiatives and provide relevant technical, costing, and schedule requirements for proposals
- Conduct mechanical design construction compliance reviews
- Provide technical interpretation of design documents in support of project managers, clients, and contractors
- Project documentation
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering and member of APEGA
- Minimum 5- 10 years mechanical design experience in Canada
- Experience in designing piping systems and specifying mechanical equipment
- Experience in small commercial building mechanical design – HVAC, controls, utilities, plumbing and fire protection systems
- Experience in the preparation of proposals and mechanical drawings and specifications for approval, tendering and construction
- Proven teamwork and leadership abilities
- Proven ability to understand and comply with regulatory requirements
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and analytical abilities
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Propensity to “step up” as required from time to time to meet deadlines
- Flexible to perform some project coordination and project management support as required
- Both process and results oriented
- Problem-solving mindset and strong client focus
- Spirit of excellence, continuous improvement, and best practice sharing
- Construction/field experience is an asset
- Retail or commercial petroleum projects experience is an asset
- AutoCAD experience is an asset
- Some day and overnight travel to client locations will be required
Indeed - 22 months ago
Mechanical Design Engineer
Chris Mechanical Services Ltd.
- 12 days ago
Swift Engineering Inc.
Swift Engineering Inc.
- 26 days ago
Talent Builders Recruitment
- 30+ days ago