“Iyinisiw” means “wise” in Cree. It is our goal to achieve the ultimate benefit for our customers, our industry and our people in a sustainable manner.
Iyinisiw Management Inc. provides engineering and contracting services to the pulp and paper industry. We offer engineering and contracting solutions to our customers that include construction, installation and commissioning, as well as project management. We also perform equipment and system maintenance, de-bottlenecking, and facility upgrades. Please visit www.iyinisiw.com for additional information.
Title: Mechanical fitter
Job Code: HSPP – LPMNOP – 030913
Number of Openings: 15
Reports to: Foreperson
Location: The job is based in Howe Sound, BC; however, travel to other project sites in BC is required
Compensation: $37/h, pension and health benefits in accordance with CEP union agreement
Work Hours: full time, 40hours/week, overtime at 1.5 times regular wages
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables or study sample parts to determine machining operation to be performed, and plan best sequence of operations
- Set up and/or operate hand and machine tools, welding equipment or computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines Trouble shoot, perform corrective action or minor repairs
- Examine detailed drawings or specifications to find out job, material and equipment requirements
- Set up and adjust machines and equipment
- Operate machines to produce parts or tools by turning, boring, milling, planing, shaping, slotting, grinding or drilling metal stock or components
- Fit and assemble metal parts, tools or sub-assemblies, including welding or brazing parts
- Cut, thread, bend and install hydraulic and pneumatic pipes and lines
- Dismantle faulty tools and assemblies and repair or replace defective parts
- Clean, lubricate and maintain equipment and replacement parts as required
- Document work completed
- Actively participate in the safety program of Iyinisiw
- Other tasks as related to machining and assigned during the course of business
- A journey person certificate and 5 years work experience in the trade is required. Completion of secondary school or vocational school or a high school degree with a minimum of 10 years work experience in the trade will also be considered.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Mechanical fitter trade certification is considered an asset
- Safety tickets are considered an asset
- Interprovincial Red Seal is an asset
- Valid driver’s license is an asset
Indeed - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard
“Iyinisiw” means “wise” in Cree. It is our goal to achieve the ultimate benefit for our customers, our industry and...