“Iyinisiw” means “wise” in Cree. It is our goal to achieve the ultimate benefit for our customers, our industry and our people in a sustainable manner.
Iyinisiw Management Inc. provides engineering and contracting services to the pulp and paper industry. We offer engineering and contracting solutions to our customers that include construction, installation and commissioning, as well as project management. We also perform equipment and system maintenance, de-bottlenecking, and facility upgrades. Please visit www.iyinisiw.com for additional information.
Number of Openings: 10
Department: Fabrication Shop
Reports to: Fabrication Shop Supervisor
Location: The job is based in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, however frequent travel to project sites in various provinces of Canada is required.
Compensation: $34.50/h, pension and health benefits
Work Hours: Full-time, 40 h/week, overtime at 1.5 times regular wages
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), plasma arc welding (PAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), oxy-acetylene welding (OAW), resistance welding and submerged arc welding (SAW)
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Operate brazing and soldering equipment
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears and other metal straightening and bending machines
- Repair worn parts of metal products by welding on extra layers
- Actively participate in the Iyinisiw safety program
- Other tasks related to welding as may be required during the course of business
- Completion of secondary school or a minimum of eight years work experience
- Completion of a three-year apprenticeship or training program or a combination of over three years of work experience in the trade and some college or industry courses in welding
- Basic English communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Welder trade certification is considered an asset
- Safety tickets are considered an asset
- Interprovincial Red Seal is an asset
- Valid driver’s license is an asset
Please email your resume and mention the job code"WE-PA " in your email.