Status: Report to Project Manager/Site Manager
Location: Port Mellon, BC
Start Date: Immediately
The Site Superintendent performs administrative and operational activities in planning, organizing, and directing the activities of a construction unit composed of skilled, unskilled, and multi-discipline personnel and sub-contractors involved in a dedicated project environment.
Supervision is exercised over operations and/or sub-contractor personnel. Work is performed with/under the direction of the Project Manager within program and policy guidelines.
Work with foremen, trade employees, administrative support, and key personnel to ensure project activity is within budgeted and operational standards.
- Do overall project planning for construction and plant installation and organize the job as per the plan
- Plan and establish the site facilities
- Manage the site supervision team for maintaining schedule and progress as plan
- Audits progress of on-going projects, keeps upper-level management informed of project status and any special concerns, and ensures adherence to approved plans and specifications.
- Represent the organization at site meetings, business meetings, and supplier and contractor sites.
- Inspects job sites to ensure conformance of Contractors and sub-contractors as well as and site employees to established work-site policies and practices.
- Ensures safety and quality assurance programs are implemented.
- Use best efforts to resolve disputes between the various sub-trades, workers and suppliers.
- Assist with maintaining the construction schedule and work efficiency over the course of the entire duration of the project.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- At least 10 years of construction management, supervisory experience in industrial construction and installation works (EPCM)
- Preference will be given to those who has the experiences of managing multi-discipline works such mechanical, piping, civil, E&I etc.
- Minimum 5 years chemical or pulp and paper plants experience.
- Superintendent experience of at least 5 years within the construction field.
- Moderate computer skills – Microsoft Office, MS Project and others.
- Completion of technical training in construction, trades, construction management.
- Familiar with QA- QC procedure, ISO 9000, 5S.
Job will generally be performed in a site project office environment, but may require travel to and visit Client’s office, production facility or industrial/construction job site (mostly Pulp and Paper Mill). Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
Indeed - 30+ days ago