“Iyinisiw” means “wise” in Cree. It is our goal to achieve the ultimate benefit for our customers, our industry and our people in a sustainable manner.
Iyinisiw Management Inc. provides engineering, procurement and contracting services to the pulp and paper industry. We offer engineering and contracting solutions to our customers that include construction, installation and commissioning, as well as project management. We also perform equipment and system maintenance, de-bottlenecking, and facility upgrades. Please visit www.iyinisiw.com for additional information.
Title: QA/QC Manager
Reports to: Managing Director/Director
Location: Richmond, BC, very frequent and extended country-wide travel to project sites as per project requirement
Number of Openings: 1
Develop and manage IYINISIW’s Quality Assurance/Quality Control Programs and Certifications and the following:
- Coordinate quality assurance and quality control activities of projects.
- Provide inspection, supervision, and technical support during for each activity starting from engineering to construction and commissioning of plants and handing over.
- Implement and maintain the Company Quality Manual, project specific Quality Plans and develop site and Client specific Inspection and Test Plans.
- Support quality team members and ensure construction and assembly activities meet the requirements of the applicable Approved Construction Drawings, Contract, Client Standards, Provincial and Federal Regulations, and Code(s) of Construction.
- Conducting quality audits, to identify, document, and provide solutions for Non Conformances (NCR’s), initiate Corrective Actions (CAR’s) & Preventive Actions (PAR’s) to prevent recurring nonconformances. Provide assistance with the orientation of new personnel. Establish a procedure to capture Project Quality Metrics for various construction activities
- Ensure Project Turnover documents are being assembled in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all Inspection activities detailed in project Quality Plans and ITP’s are being followed and documented by site Quality personnel.
- Ensure all requirements specified in the Company Quality Manual, Project Quality Plan and Inspection and Test Plans are being met and are accepted and signed off by the Client’s Quality representative.
- Provide direction to site Quality personnel to ensure an understanding of their responsibilities while on site.
- Monitor all Sub Contractors and Vendors to ensure compliance to contract requirements.
- Liaison with the Client representative to ensure all site specific quality issues are being followed up on and resolved to everyone’s satisfaction.
- Promoting an efficient inspection environment to minimize construction down time during in-progress inspections
- Monitor construction progress and identify / rectify all NCR’s, CAR’s etc.
- Continue to develop and improve specific procedures and work instructions for existing or newly defined site activities that require a quality presence.
- Perform any other reasonable tasks as assigned by the management
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Engineering from a reputed university
- Proficient in ASTM, ASME, AWS, CWB and other Canadian and international standards
- Computer knowledge with Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel & Outlook).
- Experience with engineering, construction and installation works of heavy industrial plant
- Experience inspection activities associated with the fabrication and testing of piping systems.
- Canadian work experience with a strong command of the English language both written and verbal is a must. Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Different Certifications in RT, UT, MT, PT, minimum Level II, is a definite asset but not mandatory.
- Well developed administrative, planning and organizational skills, able to maintain traceability of complex documentation.
- Ability to create concise inspection reports, monthly reports, method statements and technical work instructions when required.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize a number of tasks and complete a variety of work assignments within structured deadlines.
- Able to work with diverse personalities and background with tact and diplomacy.
- Service oriented with the ability to be assertive and persuasive.
- Sound judgment with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proven ability to conduct internal audits in accordance with applicable procedures.
- Well versant in implementing Quality Management System based on ISO 9001
Indeed - 4 months ago
IYINISIW Management Inc is an engineering company focusing on services to the pulp and paper industry in Canada and U.S.