“Iyinisiw” means “wise” in Cree. It is our goal to achieve the ultimate benefit for our customers, our industry and our people in a sustainable manner.
Iyinisiw Management Inc. provides engineering and contracting services to the pulp and paper industry. We offer engineering and contracting solutions to our customers that include construction, installation and commissioning, as well as project management. We also perform equipment and system maintenance, de-bottlenecking, and facility upgrades. Please visit www.iyinisiw.com for additional information.
Number of opening: 3
Department: Fabrication Shop- Refurbishing and Green Power Project
Location: The job is based in McKenzie, BC.
Duration: SHORT CONTRACT
Compensation: $37/h, pension and health benefits
Work Hours: full time, 40hours/week, overtime at 1.5 times regular wages
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Connect piping systems to water mains, supply tanks, pumps, compressors and control equipment
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints and specifications furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form to determine layout requirements
- Cut openings for pipe in walls, floors and ceilings using hand or power tools or machines
- Select type and size of pipe required
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipe to required shape using hand and power tools
- Weld, braze, cement, solder and thread joints to join pipes and fabricate sections of piping system
- Install supports, valves, piping and control systems
- Test system for leaks using testing equipment
- Clean and maintain pipe units and fittings and flush system
- Remove and replace worn components and reactivate system
- Actively participate in the Iyinisiw safety program
- Other tasks related to pipefitting as may be required during the course of business
- A journey person certificate and 5 years work experience in the trade is required. Completion of secondary school or vocational school or a high school degree with a minimum of 10 years work experience in the trade will also be considered.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Pipefitter trade certification is considered an asset
- Safety tickets are considered an asset
- Interprovincial Red Seal is an asset
- Valid driver’s license is an asset