“Iyinisiw” means “wise” in Cree. It is our goal to achieve the ultimate benefit for our customers, our industry and our people in a sustainable manner.
Iyinisiw Management Inc. provides engineering and contracting services to the pulp and paper industry. We offer engineering and contracting solutions to our customers that include construction, installation and commissioning, as well as project management. We also perform equipment and system maintenance, de-bottlenecking, and facility upgrades. Please visit www.iyinisiw.com for additional information.
Number of Openings: 49
Reports to: Fabrication Shop Supervisor
Location: The job is based in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, however, travel to other project sites in Saskatchewan is required
Duration: One to two years, depending on duration of the project
Compensation: $34.50/h, pension and health benefits
Work Hours: full time, 40hours/week, overtime at 1.5 times regular wages
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables or study sample parts to determine machining operation to be performed, and plan best sequence of operations
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of machine tools including computer numerically controlled (CNC) tools to perform precision, non-repetitive machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring, planing, drilling, precision grinding and other operations
- Cut, bend, roll, ream, punch, drill, weld or otherwise shape and form metal stock into parts or products
- Operate machines or equipment which weld, solder, bolt, screw or rivet metal parts together
- Fit and assemble machined metal parts and subassemblies using hand and power tools
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Troubleshoot, perform corrective action or minor repairs
- Clean, lubricate and maintain equipment and replacement parts as required
- May set up and program machine tools for use by machining tool operators
- Select and transport material to work area
- Document work completed
- Actively participate in the safety program of Iyinisiw
- Other tasks as related to machining and assigned during the course of business
- A journey person certificate and 5 years work experience in the trade is required. Completion of secondary school or vocational school or a high school degree with a minimum of 10 years work experience in the trade will also be considered.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
- Experiences in paper&pulp industry or related heavy industry is an asset.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Machinist trade certification is considered an asset
- Safety tickets are considered an asset
- Interprovincial Red Seal is an asset
- Valid driver’s license is an asset
Indeed - 9 months ago
IYINISIW Management Inc is an engineering company focusing on services to the pulp and paper industry in Canada and U.S.