“Iyinisiw” means “wise” in Cree. It is our goal to achieve the ultimate benefit for our customers, our industry and our people in a sustainable manner.
Iyinisiw Management Inc. provides engineering and contracting services to the pulp and paper industry. We offer engineering and contracting solutions to our customers that include construction, installation and commissioning, as well as project management. We also perform equipment and system maintenance, de-bottlenecking, and facility upgrades. Please visit www.iyinisiw.com for additional information.
Title: Foreman/woman (Pipefitter, Millwright, Welder, Machinist, Electrician ect.)
Department: Projects, HSPP
Reports to: Project Supervisor, Project Manager
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Understand and adhere to safety policies, procedures and values
- Mentor tradesmen to ensure compliance with best practices and procedures
- Ensure re-work is minimized and all work is carried out with high quality standards
- Ensure all company policies, procedures and practices are maintained
- Ensure all daily/weekly shift documentation is kept to date and forward documentation to management and stakeholders as required
- Track and keep records of work performed
- Assist with any investigation of incidents/near misses as required
- Ensure employees are performing duties as required
- Actively participate in the safety program of Iyinisiw
- Completion of secondary school
- 5 years of experience in trades, 2 years’ experience as a foreman/woman
- Trade certification in BC/SK or Interprovincial Red Seal
- Strong English communication skills in speaking, understanding, writing and reading
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Valid safety certifications are considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a valid driver’s license
Please mention the job code in your email of job application. No phone call please.