Iyinisiw means wise in Cree. It is our goal to achieve the ultimate benefit for our customers, our industry and our people in a sustainable manner.
Iyinisiw Management Inc. provides engineering and contracting services to the pulp and paper industry. We offer engineering and contracting solutions to our customers that include construction, installation and commissioning, as well as project management. We also perform equipment and system maintenance, de-bottlenecking, and facility upgrades. Please visit www.iyinisiw.com for additional information.
Title: Job Code: HSFAD – Site Administrator
Job Code: HSFAD
Reports to: This job reports to the Site Supervisor, Project Manager, Human Resources Manager of Head office.
Location: Port Mellon, BC, travel will be required from time to time.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Manage employee time sheets by tracking hours, overtime, leaves, etc. and submit them complete to the General Accountant by the required deadline
- Maintain employee files, vacation schedules, and attendance records in coordination with the HR Manager
- Distribute pay cheques
- Track work orders and liaise with the General Accountant in order to invoice work
- Manage rented property services, security services, snow removal and other service, and utility, providers
- Track and manage locks
- Maintain Iyinisiw vehicle records, such as gas, maintenance schedules, travel logs
- Receive, pick up and distribute mail and emails, general correspondence as required
- Coordination of courier packages both to and from site
- Receive telephone calls and direct visitors
- Maintain office supply inventory
- Make travel arrangements for staff and guests
- Assist with budget preparation, cost analysis and control
- Administrate petty cash
- Provide safety orientations for new employees and visitors and ensure compliance with all applicable policies and guidelines
- Administrate safety statistics recording and reporting
- Administrate MSDS records for the shop hazardous materials needs
- Coordinate training courses for employees as required and maintain training records
- Prepare and post safety minutes
- Develop and communicate monthly and quarterly reports for management
- Actively participate in the safety program of Iyinisiw
- Coordinate with the Procurement Team at the Howe Sound Pulp Mill in order to obtain inventory items as required
- Manage the tool inventory of the Fabrication Shop
- Purchase equipment in accordance with specifications provided by the Fabrication Shop Manager or the Project Team and coordinate with the Procurement Team at Iyinisiw as required
- Coordinate invoice payment ensuring accuracy of codes, rates and agreements
- Liaise with the General Accountant regarding invoices
- Maintain the Fabrication Shop Inventory
- Track usage and location of Iyinisiw tools, as well as repairs to tools and lost
- Provide inventory analyses as requested by Fabrication Shop Manager
Other tasks as may be assigned on an ad hoc basis and that are related to administrating the Fabrication Shop or managing the inventory of the Fabrication Shop.
- A Grade 12 high school degree
- Candidates with a degree in Purchasing or Administration will be preferred
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in fabrication shop or office administration
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in shipping or receiving
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent MS Office skills
- A valid driver’s license
Please send your resume in Word or pdf format to us and include “HSFAD” in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applications, please understand that we will only contact those candidates who have been short-listed for this opportunity.
Please apply by email or Fax at 604-249-3983