Title: QA/QC Inspector
Job Code: HSFQI
Reports to: This job reports to the Site Supervisor.
Location: Port Mellon, BC, travel will be required from time to time.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- To inspect / review material and documents MTR , weld quality and testing to ensure compliance with Code, Standards, Specifications
- To develop or follow –up IT&P’s by referencing and reviewing Client Specifications and Job Scope requirements
- To review P&ID’s, ISO’s & Vessel Drawings to ensure appropriate WPS are referenced with weld details and overall accuracy.
- To deal with welder qualifications ‘test PQR,WQT and liaison with BCSA accordingly .
- To make and coordinate daily quality inspections as per ITP ‘s
- To coordinate daily non-destructive testing and monitor in conjunction with NDE contractors.
- To review radiographic film and some knowledge of MPI,PT,UT but not mandatory
- To witness all pressure testing ; finalizing testing documentation
- To ensure all quality control documentation is compiled and competed in a timely matter meeting project deadlines
- To raise and identify and control all NCR's while correcting with remedial action
- To prepare regulatory documentation as required
- To act as Level I inspector in compliance with ASME B31.3 & ASME Sec VIII & IX endorsements.
- To inspect all work as per ASME & CSA Codes (Pressure Vessels, Process Piping & Structural)
- To report to QA /QC manager or Snr .lead engineer timely basis and write report daily basis.
- To prepare hand over package and liaison with commissioning people.
- Minimum CWB Level I designation with B31.3 & ASME Sec VIII & IX endorsements.
- Post-Secondary Technical diploma to a related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of progressive Quality Control Inspection experience in an ASME Fabrication facility
- Minimum 2 years’ experience (Pipe and Equipment)
- Mandatory Working knowledge of ASME & CSA Codes (Pressure Vessels, Process Piping & Structural)
- Valid Driver's License
- Proof of Qualifications will be required
Please send your resume in Word or pdf format to us and include “HSFQI” in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applications, please understand that we will only contact those candidates who have been short-listed for this opportunity.