Iyinisiw means wise in Cree. It is our goal to achieve the ultimate benefit for our customers, our industry and our people in a sustainable manner.
Iyinisiw Management Inc. provides engineering and contracting services to the pulp and paper industry. We offer engineering and contracting solutions to our customers that include construction, installation and commissioning, as well as project management. We also perform equipment and system maintenance, de-bottlenecking, and facility upgrades. Please visit www.iyinisiw.com for additional information.
Title: SITE Superintendent
Job Code: HSFSS
Reports to: This job reports to the Project Manager.
Location: Port Mellon, BC, travel will be required from time to time.
The Site Superintendent performs administrative and operational activities in planning, organizing, and directing the activities of a construction unit composed of skilled, unskilled, and multi-discipline personnel and sub-contractors involved in a dedicated project environment.
Supervision is exercised over operations and/or sub-contractor personnel. Work is performed with/under the direction of the Project Manager within program and policy guidelines.
Work with foremen, trade employees, administrative support, and key personnel to ensure project activity is within budgeted and operational standards.
- Do overall project planning for construction and plant installation and organize the job as per the plan
- Plan and establish the site facilities
- Manage the site supervision team for maintaining schedule and progress as plan
- Audits progress of on-going projects, keeps upper-level management informed of project status and any special concerns, and ensures adherence to approved plans and specifications.
- Represent the organization at site meetings, business meetings, and supplier and contractor sites.
- Inspects job sites to ensure conformance of Contractors and sub-contractors as well as and site employees to established worksite policies and practices.
- Ensures safety and quality assurance programs are implemented.
- Use best efforts to resolve disputes between the various sub-trades, workers and suppliers.
- Assist with maintaining the construction schedule and work efficiency over the course of the entire duration of the project.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- At least 10 years of construction management, supervisory experience in industrial construction and installation works (EPCM)
- Preference will be given to those who has the experiences of managing multi-discipline works such mechanical, piping, civil, E&I etc.
- Minimum 5 years chemical or pulp and paper plants experience.
- Superintendent experience of at least 5 years within the construction field.
- Moderate computer skills – Microsoft Office, MS Project and others.
- Completion of technical training in construction, trades, construction management.
- Familiar with QA- QC procedure, ISO 9000, 5S.
Job will generally be performed in a site project office environment, but may require travel to and visit Client’s office, production facility or industrial/construction job site (mostly Pulp and Paper Mill). Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
Please send your resume in Word or pdf format to us and include “HSFSS” in the subject line.
Please apply by email or Fax at 604-249-3983.