“Iyinisiw” means “wise” in Cree. It is our goal to achieve the ultimate benefit for our customers, our industry and our people in a sustainable manner.
Iyinisiw Management Inc. provides engineering and contracting services to the pulp and paper industry. We offer engineering and contracting solutions to our customers that include construction, installation and commissioning, as well as project management. We also perform equipment and system maintenance, de-bottlenecking, and facility upgrades. Please visit www.iyinisiw.com for additional information.
Title: Engineering Manager
Reports to: Senior Project Manager
Location: Richmond, BC with occasional travel to sites as required
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Engineering management, technical direction and execution of the engineering portion of the project
- Monitoring of project controls and associated reporting
- Client interfacing on project issues
- Ensuring that safety is a mandatory subject for discussion and action at all Discipline meetings and requiring that all designs incorporate safety elements for the construction and operation of all components of the work.
- Completion of all project deliverables on schedule
- Direct (on a project level) engineering disciplines who provide support to the projects
- Implementation of corporate procedures and quality and safety standards
- Successful project execution
- Support Project manager(s)
- Coordinate responses to field construction queries
- Resource planning and forecasts for project execution
- Managing non-chargeable time (self and administrative reports)
- Provide project status updates as well as budgetary information and remediation plans where necessary
- Managing and participating in preparation of functional/design basis statements, design criteria, data sheets, technical specifications
- Supporting IMI’s technical and commercial procurement functions.
- Leading the development and progressing of the Engineering schedulers and supporting the interface with the Construction Management
- Supporting the quality control and assurance manager in QA / QC functions.
- Supporting preparation of construction bid packages.
- Preference given to Bachelors (or higher) degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 10-15 years of engineering management experience
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designation
- Lead engineering role in projects with capital expenditure of $20M +
- Supervision of 20+ other engineering staff on a project basis
- Proven engineering expertise and competency in industry construction projects
- Genuine team player who will encourage teamwork with the project team plus other discipline staff
- High level of initiative and ability to complete tasks on schedule and budget
- Focused on providing quality services to the clients in a timely manner
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong mentoring skills and desire to encourage junior staff
Please quote job title and job code in email subject and on the top of your resume.