“Iyinisiw” means “wise” in Cree. It is our goal to achieve the ultimate benefit for our customers, our industry and our people in a sustainable manner.
Iyinisiw Management Inc. provides engineering and contracting services to the pulp and paper industry. We offer engineering and contracting solutions to our customers that include construction, installation and commissioning, as well as project management. We also perform equipment and system maintenance, de-bottlenecking, and facility upgrades. Please visit www.iyinisiw.com for additional information.
Title: Civil Supervisor
Job Code: HSPP – CRS - 300813
Number of Openings: 1
Reports to: Project Manager
Location: The job is based in Port Mellon, BC, however, travel to other project sites in BC is required
Duration: One to two years, depending on project progress
Responsibilities and Tasks
CW-S responsibility is to supervise and lead foremen, Lead men, skilled labor, and work crews in all activities concerned project. Has the ability to optimize resources (manpower, equipment and materials) to ensure efficient and timely completion of the project as well as to demonstrate excellent labor management skills, following policies, procedures and work practices, and developing improvements where necessary.
CW-S must be competent in reading and understanding Specifications, drawings, and all other discipline related project and engineering documentation. Familiar with and enforces strict compliance with all QA/QC and Safety procedures, plus all Company rules and regulations.
- Ensure that safe working practices relating to civil works are adhered to by close liaison with the Safety Officer informing him of proposed work areas and activities.
- Monitor daily progress within the area of assignment and keeps records of quantities installed.
- Inspect the quality of work on a day-to-day basis and ensuring that drawing data and specifications are adhered to.
- Updates drawings, specifications etc. to reflect 'As Built'
- Keeping daily records of manpower and events and reports if manpower levels affects program
- Raise Field Instructions where required to record any variations from the original Scope of Work.
- Monitor material deliveries and anticipates requirements
- Supervise and lead civil crews, ensuring all aspects of performance and work are in compliance with project specifications and completed within planned time and budget constraints.
- Assist the Site Superintendent in planning and establishing construction and inspection procedures.
- Maintain or is responsible for ensuring that log books, inspection certificates are maintained.
- Weekly and monthly project status reports and change orders.
- Degree/Diploma in Civil, from a reputable college or university.
- Minimum 10 years of experience with at least 5 years of experience as Civil work- Supervisor for Industrial construction.
- A dynamic leader, motivated and able to motivate others, with good communication.
- A creative thinker and excellent organizer.
- Ability to interpret and work from plans, blueprints and sketches.
- High standard of workmanship, discipline, safety conscience.
- Familiar with QA- QC procedure, ISO 9000, 5S.
While performing duties of this job, would occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls.
Job will generally be performed in a site project office environment, but may require travel to and visit Client’s office, production facility or industrial/construction job site (mostly Pulp and Paper Mill). Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.