“Iyinisiw” means “wise” in Cree. It is our goal to achieve the ultimate benefit for our customers, our industry and our people in a sustainable manner.
Iyinisiw Management Inc. provides engineering and contracting services to the pulp and paper industry. We offer engineering and contracting solutions to our customers that include construction, installation and commissioning, as well as project management. We also perform equipment and system maintenance, de-bottlenecking, and facility upgrades. Please visit www.iyinisiw.com for additional information.
Title: Civil engineer
Number of Openings: 5
Reports to: Sr. Project Manager
Location: The job is based in Howe Sound Mill, BC; however, travel to other project sites in BC is required
Compensation: $75,000 to $90,000 depending on experience; excellent health benefits, RRSP
Work Hours: full time, 40hours/week
- Provide technical input in support of Company and client HSE requirements.
- Provide technical interface with client and associated stakeholders.
- Interface with field operations to ensure project processes achieve compliance with technical and commercial requirements of the contract.
- Collaborate with field operations personnel to develop technical solutions to encountered field challenges.
- Prepare and submit periodic reporting relating to cost control/analysis.
- Prepare defined scope estimates in support of additional work requirements.
- Oversee the accurate capture of quantities and prepare necessary reporting in support of internal and external contractual requirements.
- Coordinate the preparation of temporary works design requirements to support field operations and contractual requirements.
- Maintain accurate logs of contract drawings, technical specifications, and as-built records.
- Coordinate project quality control requirements and oversee the preparation, submission and approval of required project turnover documentation.
- Post-secondary technical education (Civil Engineering degree is preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in Civil earthworks and underground piping site development work (Industrial environment is preferred) and 5 years of supervisor level experience.
- Advanced analytical, problem solving and decision making abilities
- Excellent computer skills, particularly spreadsheet, word processing and presentation applications
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D, MS Word and Excel
- Superior interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Superior time-management skills and an ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Indeed - 17 months ago
IYINISIW Management Inc is an engineering company focusing on services to the pulp and paper industry in Canada and U.S.