Itron Employee Reviews

a very friendly place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Owenton, KYMay 25, 2016
a typical day went by pretty quick and the management was incredibly nice and caring would definetly work there again the work was very easy it was quick for me to learn
Very respectfull
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTApril 26, 2016
This company was a great place to work where workers were treated like family. We would work as a TEAM to ensure company policy satisfaction
Good place to work with great people.
Process Technician II (Former Employee) –  West Union, SCApril 6, 2016
Run and repair 6 surface mount lines. Work with great people.
Company provided a lot of advanced training. Learned the extreme complexity of building circuit boards. Hardest part of job was cleaning
ovens (nasty). Working around friends made job enjoyable.
Pros
2 weeks vacation and 10 holidays.
Great place to work if you like people
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Owenton, KYMarch 26, 2016
i enjoyed working at McDonald for 2 in half year. Also learned a lot involving people and customer services. Learned a lot about using cash registers and hard work.
Okay place to work
Associate Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Union, scFebruary 28, 2016
Itron is not a bad place to work. Sometimes the work can be demanding and management doesn't show appreciation for you working over 40 hour weeks.
Dedicated and Innovative Environment
Application Operator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg South, GautengJanuary 21, 2016
On a normal day I log in to the company's private applications, resolve exceptions which denied a work order to go through then create work orders of meters to be installed.
I have learned working within a team, using different applications and achieving a goal within a specified time. Working under pressure and achieving target set by management is a skill I have learned. The hardest part of my job is attending meetings because I got used to internal applications that I wanted to always be working. The enjoyable part of my job is the synergy we have and achieving a goal with my team mates.
Pros
free transport
Cons
Long meetings
Learned new stuff everyday
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlantis, WCJanuary 20, 2016
Had a very learn-full experience at Itron. New implementations everyday. Had to manage different products & worked with different people on a daily basis. Most enjoyable part of my daily work was when i delivered products on time to the customer.
Productive workplace
operator (Former Employee) –  West Union, SCDecember 27, 2015
Co-Workers are great to work with. Very safe and clean to work at. Job security is very bad and no guarantee of direct hire unless they really like you. Management is not all that great. Some departments have better management than others. They also need to do away with 5 min breaks. Everywhere else I've worked at gives two 10 minute breaks and the most 30 min lunch break with overtime. I had a great team leader and supervisor on my first 2 years of working at Itron. Management changed and it was a whirlwind. Great place to work at but not so great for your job recognition.
Pros
Learned a lot as my first manufacturing labor job.
Cons
layoffs
a once great company
Information Security Officer (Current Employee) –  FelixstoweDecember 11, 2015
When we're busy. it's off the scale. When we're not, it can be boring. Senior management seem to have a vested interest in alienating all their staff - distant, indecisive and secretive. The CEO tells us how thrilled we should be to work here while he pockets a $3,000,000 package and makes all our colleagues redundant. Repositioning a manufacturing company as a services company seems like a desperate reaction to competition rather than a properly conceived strategy. Sad..
no special comment
Senior Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cork, CDecember 8, 2015
I am responsible for ensuring all customer payments due are received and matched correctly on receipt, resolving customer financial queries, documenting and actioning accordingly where payment is not received for the import and export France market.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Get ready to learn about Meters!
Associate (Current Employee) –  CentronOctober 13, 2015
Learn a variety of jobs and responsibility with lower management always willing to help out. Began my interest in quantum machanics! Not always easly to meet production standards.
Busy good place to work
Senior Production Assembler (Current Employee) –  Waseca MnSeptember 11, 2015
Great place to work and very structured. Right amount of breaks I just wish the campus was non smoking so I wouldn't have to walk through a bunch of smokers on my way into work.
Pros
great healthcare
Cons
unpredictable work load
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Owenton, KYAugust 10, 2015
Long hours in a stressful manufacturing operations that is typically understaffed at most levels. Recent efforts to get a strong leadership at the local level may help the morale of the employees locally. I am optimistic about the future at this location, and it's continued success.
Professional and skilled
Development Technician (Former Employee) –  Platterkloof, Cape Town, Western CapeJuly 16, 2015
Itron is a great company to work for and use to have talented people but sadly there operational needs changes due to the chance in customer needs and stiff competition in the meter manufacturing market many of the talent was also lost.
Pros
medical aid, internet, email and pension fund
Cons
abandoned there culture for employee growth
productive fun place to work
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Owenton, KYJune 9, 2015
overall nice work environment clean work areas locker room good people to work with supervision respectfull quality plus quanity was always top prioty
rich learning experience
Regional Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Dubai, DUMay 17, 2015
itron has great multicultural environment, working in interesting metering domain, within evolutionary and challenging industry, diverse customers scheme, and positive collaborative team spirit,
Productive and fun place to work
SQA Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAJanuary 22, 2015
Itron is a great place to work. They have a very good benefits package and a well being package. You can travel, to different office locations or customer work places around the world. Itron gives you plenty of opportunity to work on different products.
Productive and good working conditions
Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, FSDecember 23, 2014
8hrs per day
good management style
good people
communicating with my customers
Productive workplace
Design Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WCNovember 10, 2014
Typical day at work:
Daily meetings. Conducting test. Technical Report writing. Feedback to Engineers.

What I learned:
Learning of pre-payment and post-payment meters.
Applying SANS/IEC Specifications. Operating EMC, High voltage, Insulation testing, Environmental chamber equipment.
Test procedures
Technical report writing.

I work with a diverse group of colleagues.

Moving deadlines are the hardest part of the job.

Enjoyable to work withing a group, and to have time to work independently.
Pros
good medical aid
Just another job
Engineer (Former Employee) –  NaOctober 23, 2014
If you are looking for something to do which will not be recognized, appreciated or accepted, then you will fit right in.

I worked at this location for 6+ years and only after moving to another job, I realized how much I was abused, exploited and manipulated.

This place has politics all over including walls and parking lot. A typical manufacturing setting meant to exploit.

Benefits are good and there are some good people to work with but overall morale is low.
Pros
people, benefits
Cons
sly managers on your back, sluggish atmosphere, politics