Itron

Itron Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Professional Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 22, 2014
A typical day for me was to first make sure I had my badge for work, because that was the only way to enter the building. Next I would clock myself in then head over to my desk and turn on my computer and phone. Next I would try and eat my breakfast before any incoming calls started to come in because we were not allowed to make any outgoing calls until – more... 8:00am and I had to be there at 7:00am. So after 8:00am I started making outbound calls trying to set up as many Appointments as I could everyday. Besides setting up Appointments I had to deal with some upset customers also everyday and I always handled the call the best I could until it was just to much and what I mean by to much is when a customer starts to use profanity and gets ignorant and not accept the best customer service skills as possible that im providing so the step for me was to ask them to please hold and transfer them over to my supervisor. I had wonderful coworkers we were like a little family some people were in there 20's 30's and 40's which made it really interesting because im 27 and to be around a different age group was challenging and helpful. As far as the job there really wasn't anything to hard about it I found it very easy after learning everything I had to know in order to do my job. And the most enjoyable part of my job was to help a customer and the customer telling me that they appreciated the help that they received from me. – less
The work enviornment is pretty laid back.
Production Process Technician (Current Employee), Owenton, KYJune 24, 2014
This is a clean place to work and very ergonomic. Very safety orientated.
Exciting
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCMay 23, 2014
Pros: career development
We do our daily tasks without being supervised

We've learned a lot from our peers

We're a great team working together

Hardest part of my job is when you don't get support from your immediate supervisor

What i enjoyed about my job was i can do things my way as long as i get the job done
The job was fast paced and interesting.
Senior Reliability Engineer (Former Employee), Liberty Lake, WAMay 7, 2014
Pros: fast paced and fluid work environment
Cons: shifting management structure
I managed the ISO auditing program for Itron.
I managed the Reliability Programs for the Reader group. This required determining the most cost effective test to run and determining the test schedule.
I also lead the risk assessment programs for the systems.
Slow and boring work enviroment.
Assembly / Sparehand (Current Employee), west union, scMarch 16, 2014
2nd shift is the shift i work, it is very laid back. Our work is very slow as our numbers are severely low. listening to other's talk about the company thats been there for 20+ years, their management has gone downhill very drastically. I make above minimum wage but the money i make still isnt enough to make a suitable living off of.
Productive and Hardworking, enjoying my job
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Cape Town, WCMarch 14, 2014
Cons: can be stressfull sometimes
Very Productive , build good relationships with all races.Start with a gud cup of rooi bos tea , priorities work schedule for the day - follow up on queries i could not complete the previous day ,attend to urgent payment requests,liase with other deaprtments especially Purchasing for queires related to invoices GRNED. I have devlop good working skills – more... and learned a lot about my Job. No one can take my expertise in this field away. Learned to be confident in my abilities .Management not always co-operative when it comes To authorizing of document & payments. Have a very good realtionship with my co-workers, strive to live in peace with all people.The only thing i dont like is when our Creditors are not paid on time and i need to inform them of when payments will be settled. Suppliers not alwayz unerstanding that i dont have control and not in a position to commit payment dates prior Authorization. All my Suppliers are paid on time .I like what iam doing and i feel the need for change after 21yrs. – less
with the right co-workers itron is fun to work at
Production Assembler (Former Employee), Waseca, MNMarch 13, 2014
You have to be ready to work right away. It is a team based job and if person isn't ready the rest can't start their job. The management is not a relaxed group. They tend to be too serious all the time.
management great,good work ethics,positive attitudes,fun
Material Handler/Lead/Operator (Former Employee), West Union, SCFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: benefits, awards, vacation ay good, gifts
Cons: too many family members connected which caused conflict
Greatest place I ever worked.Always enjoyed going and learned so much.Fair treatment and smiling faces seem to make for a positive work environment.Family like as well as teamwork included.
Productive environment and great talent
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 11, 2013
• Involved in creation and reviewing of Test Strategy document and Test Plan Document.
• Performed Requirement Analysis by gathering both functional and non functional requirements based on interactions with the process owners & stake holders and document analysis, represented them in Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
• Understanding Functional – more... Specification; Reported Test Progress and address issues to Management
• Daily Client calls to discuss all scenarios and Testing Process Improvement.
• Fine-tuned search engines and pulled data from different databases and migrated data back and forth using SQL. – less
Most unprofessional company I've ever worked for.
Engineer (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 5, 2013
You're just a warm body at Itron. They will use you and spit you out. Don't believe anything they say.
Vending Coordinator (Current Employee), Durban, ZNNovember 2, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: sometimes you work long hours
Itron is a good company to work for, wonderfull people. I have learned a lot about electricity, water and gas. Revenue protection, vending and the most enjoyable part is, you will get opportunities to travel and get training as well.
Building house meters
Packaging Operator (Former Employee), West Union, SCOctober 21, 2013
Pros: insurance and benefits
Build meters from start to finish for house meters. Inspect and pack
Good place to work if you are local
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee), West Union, SCAugust 15, 2013
Lot of business, need new ways to manage OEE for the lines. Local talants run the place.
would not recommend working here
Meter Installer (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 7, 2013
Pros: no pros
Cons: long hours, no benefits
temporary work
if your not will to drive long distance to work then don't you cant work
production and fun place to work and very clean
power meter operator (Former Employee), West Union, SCMay 13, 2013
the job was so good and work enviroment was clean . coworkers were nice. the management was good and orangized .
horrible work place
Assembler (Former Employee), Owenton, KYMarch 13, 2013
short breaks, expensive health insurance, not a clean place to work, poor management, long 10 hour days, temp agency is horrible, you will get fired if you miss any days even with a doctors note!
Product Marketing
Applications Engineer (Current Employee), West Union, SCMarch 5, 2013
I greatly enjoy working in the Product Marketing Department as an Application Engineer.
learning new jobs
automation operator (Former Employee), West Union, SCFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: paid holidays
Cons: short bresks
Clean, safe, fun place to work. Many opportunities to learn new jobs. Best paying plant in my area. Really miss it.
Really fun job.
Auditor (Former Employee), New Stanton, PAFebruary 19, 2013
Inspect electric meters at houses. I learned how to install electric meters and how to work with electric boxes.
Assembler
Assembler/Packer/ Machine Operator (Former Employee), West Union, SCJanuary 31, 2013
Assemble meters in a automatic and manual line.
pack meters
work with others.
basic house keeping.
make sure to reach product or over.
inspect meters