Itron Employee Reviews

customer focused
Sr Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WASeptember 17, 2016
Designed, developed and implemented Test Plans, Test Designs and Test Cases (Automated and Non-Automated) that assured fault free Software releases.
Pros
Team Environment
Horrible Place to work!
Senior Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Owenton, KYAugust 8, 2016
Almost always the management project handling skills are awful and they will put you to do mediocre engineering work that is something a technician should be doing.

There is ABSOLUTELY no growth in Engineering and Manufacturing. Most of them have been there for life and they are not going anywhere, so no new positions to be created or filled.

No benefits, be weary of this, the profit sharing and benefits is non existent unless you get in on paper from HR during your hiring process. You hardly get any pay raise (if you get one at all). The work culture is very negative and managers do very little to improve your situation.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Way too many to list!
Great company to work for
Radio Frequency Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAJuly 10, 2016
Itron treated its employees very well. They give you a lot freedom to complete your work.The pay was more than fair. Everyone seemed happy to work there.
FIELD DATA COLLECTOR (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 14, 2016
Management does a fantastic job of providing training for their employees. These training are a critical component which raise the employee’s competency and encourages venturing into higher positions and opportunities.
Pros
Senergy
Cons
Have to work in bad weather some time
a very friendly place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Owenton, KYMay 25, 2016
a typical day went by pretty quick and the management was incredibly nice and caring would definetly work there again the work was very easy it was quick for me to learn
Great company who emphasizes strong work/life balance.
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMay 25, 2016
Excellent company who cares about employees. Company is growing and experiencing usual growing pains associated with being more relevent in the industry, but managing it well. Only complaint could be that the culture shift hasn't kept pace with the necessary changes for the company to grow.
Very respectfull
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTApril 26, 2016
This company was a great place to work where workers were treated like family. We would work as a TEAM to ensure company policy satisfaction
Good place to work with great people.
Process Technician II (Former Employee) –  West Union, SCApril 6, 2016
Run and repair 6 surface mount lines. Work with great people.
Company provided a lot of advanced training. Learned the extreme complexity of building circuit boards. Hardest part of job was cleaning
ovens (nasty). Working around friends made job enjoyable.
Pros
2 weeks vacation and 10 holidays.
Great place to work if you like people
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Owenton, KYMarch 26, 2016
i enjoyed working at McDonald for 2 in half year. Also learned a lot involving people and customer services. Learned a lot about using cash registers and hard work.
Okay place to work
Associate Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Union, scFebruary 28, 2016
Itron is not a bad place to work. Sometimes the work can be demanding and management doesn't show appreciation for you working over 40 hour weeks.
Dedicated and Innovative Environment
Application Operator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg South, GautengJanuary 21, 2016
On a normal day I log in to the company's private applications, resolve exceptions which denied a work order to go through then create work orders of meters to be installed.
I have learned working within a team, using different applications and achieving a goal within a specified time. Working under pressure and achieving target set by management is a skill I have learned. The hardest part of my job is attending meetings because I got used to internal applications that I wanted to always be working. The enjoyable part of my job is the synergy we have and achieving a goal with my team mates.
Pros
free transport
Cons
Long meetings
Learned new stuff everyday
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlantis, WCJanuary 20, 2016
Had a very learn-full experience at Itron. New implementations everyday. Had to manage different products & worked with different people on a daily basis. Most enjoyable part of my daily work was when i delivered products on time to the customer.
Productive workplace
operator (Former Employee) –  West Union, SCDecember 27, 2015
Co-Workers are great to work with. Very safe and clean to work at. Job security is very bad and no guarantee of direct hire unless they really like you. Management is not all that great. Some departments have better management than others. They also need to do away with 5 min breaks. Everywhere else I've worked at gives two 10 minute breaks and the most 30 min lunch break with overtime. I had a great team leader and supervisor on my first 2 years of working at Itron. Management changed and it was a whirlwind. Great place to work at but not so great for your job recognition.
Pros
Learned a lot as my first manufacturing labor job.
Cons
layoffs
a once great company
Information Security Officer (Current Employee) –  FelixstoweDecember 11, 2015
When we're busy. it's off the scale. When we're not, it can be boring. Senior management seem to have a vested interest in alienating all their staff - distant, indecisive and secretive. The CEO tells us how thrilled we should be to work here while he pockets a $3,000,000 package and makes all our colleagues redundant. Repositioning a manufacturing company as a services company seems like a desperate reaction to competition rather than a properly conceived strategy. Sad..
no special comment
Senior Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cork, CDecember 8, 2015
I am responsible for ensuring all customer payments due are received and matched correctly on receipt, resolving customer financial queries, documenting and actioning accordingly where payment is not received for the import and export France market.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Get ready to learn about Meters!
Associate (Current Employee) –  CentronOctober 13, 2015
Learn a variety of jobs and responsibility with lower management always willing to help out. Began my interest in quantum machanics! Not always easly to meet production standards.
Busy good place to work
Senior Production Assembler (Current Employee) –  Waseca MnSeptember 11, 2015
Great place to work and very structured. Right amount of breaks I just wish the campus was non smoking so I wouldn't have to walk through a bunch of smokers on my way into work.
Pros
great healthcare
Cons
unpredictable work load
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Owenton, KYAugust 10, 2015
Long hours in a stressful manufacturing operations that is typically understaffed at most levels. Recent efforts to get a strong leadership at the local level may help the morale of the employees locally. I am optimistic about the future at this location, and it's continued success.
Professional and skilled
Development Technician (Former Employee) –  Platterkloof, Cape Town, Western CapeJuly 16, 2015
Itron is a great company to work for and use to have talented people but sadly there operational needs changes due to the chance in customer needs and stiff competition in the meter manufacturing market many of the talent was also lost.
Pros
medical aid, internet, email and pension fund
Cons
abandoned there culture for employee growth
productive fun place to work
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Owenton, KYJune 9, 2015
overall nice work environment clean work areas locker room good people to work with supervision respectfull quality plus quanity was always top prioty