Itron Employee Reviews

Horrible Place to work!
Senior Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Owenton, KYAugust 8, 2016
Almost always the management project handling skills are awful and they will put you to do mediocre engineering work that is something a technician should be doing.

There is ABSOLUTELY no growth in Engineering and Manufacturing. Most of them have been there for life and they are not going anywhere, so no new positions to be created or filled.

No benefits, be weary of this, the profit sharing and benefits is non existent unless you get in on paper from HR during your hiring process. You hardly get any pay raise (if you get one at all). The work culture is very negative and managers do very little to improve your situation.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Way too many to list!
Productive workplace
operator (Former Employee) –  West Union, SCDecember 27, 2015
Co-Workers are great to work with. Very safe and clean to work at. Job security is very bad and no guarantee of direct hire unless they really like you. Management is not all that great. Some departments have better management than others. They also need to do away with 5 min breaks. Everywhere else I've worked at gives two 10 minute breaks and the most 30 min lunch break with overtime. I had a great team leader and supervisor on my first 2 years of working at Itron. Management changed and it was a whirlwind. Great place to work at but not so great for your job recognition.
Pros
Learned a lot as my first manufacturing labor job.
Cons
layoffs
Dedicated and Innovative Environment
Application Operator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg South, GautengJanuary 21, 2016
On a normal day I log in to the company's private applications, resolve exceptions which denied a work order to go through then create work orders of meters to be installed.
I have learned working within a team, using different applications and achieving a goal within a specified time. Working under pressure and achieving target set by management is a skill I have learned. The hardest part of my job is attending meetings because I got used to internal applications that I wanted to always be working. The enjoyable part of my job is the synergy we have and achieving a goal with my team mates.
Pros
free transport
Cons
Long meetings
Great company who emphasizes strong work/life balance.
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMay 25, 2016
Excellent company who cares about employees. Company is growing and experiencing usual growing pains associated with being more relevent in the industry, but managing it well. Only complaint could be that the culture shift hasn't kept pace with the necessary changes for the company to grow.
FIELD DATA COLLECTOR (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 14, 2016
Management does a fantastic job of providing training for their employees. These training are a critical component which raise the employee’s competency and encourages venturing into higher positions and opportunities.
Pros
Senergy
Cons
Have to work in bad weather some time
Good place to work with great people.
Process Technician II (Former Employee) –  West Union, SCApril 6, 2016
Run and repair 6 surface mount lines. Work with great people.
Company provided a lot of advanced training. Learned the extreme complexity of building circuit boards. Hardest part of job was cleaning
ovens (nasty). Working around friends made job enjoyable.
Pros
2 weeks vacation and 10 holidays.
Great company to work for
Radio Frequency Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAJuly 10, 2016
Itron treated its employees very well. They give you a lot freedom to complete your work.The pay was more than fair. Everyone seemed happy to work there.
Okay place to work
Associate Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Union, scFebruary 28, 2016
Itron is not a bad place to work. Sometimes the work can be demanding and management doesn't show appreciation for you working over 40 hour weeks.
a once great company
Information Security Officer (Current Employee) –  FelixstoweDecember 11, 2015
When we're busy. it's off the scale. When we're not, it can be boring. Senior management seem to have a vested interest in alienating all their staff - distant, indecisive and secretive. The CEO tells us how thrilled we should be to work here while he pockets a $3,000,000 package and makes all our colleagues redundant. Repositioning a manufacturing company as a services company seems like a desperate reaction to competition rather than a properly conceived strategy. Sad..
a very friendly place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Owenton, KYMay 25, 2016
a typical day went by pretty quick and the management was incredibly nice and caring would definetly work there again the work was very easy it was quick for me to learn
Very respectfull
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTApril 26, 2016
This company was a great place to work where workers were treated like family. We would work as a TEAM to ensure company policy satisfaction
Great place to work if you like people
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Owenton, KYMarch 26, 2016
i enjoyed working at McDonald for 2 in half year. Also learned a lot involving people and customer services. Learned a lot about using cash registers and hard work.
Just another job
Engineer (Former Employee) –  NaOctober 23, 2014
If you are looking for something to do which will not be recognized, appreciated or accepted, then you will fit right in.

I worked at this location for 6+ years and only after moving to another job, I realized how much I was abused, exploited and manipulated.

This place has politics all over including walls and parking lot. A typical manufacturing setting meant to exploit.

Benefits are good and there are some good people to work with but overall morale is low.
Pros
people, benefits
Cons
sly managers on your back, sluggish atmosphere, politics
Learned new stuff everyday
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlantis, WCJanuary 20, 2016
Had a very learn-full experience at Itron. New implementations everyday. Had to manage different products & worked with different people on a daily basis. Most enjoyable part of my daily work was when i delivered products on time to the customer.
Overworked
Project Manager / Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WANovember 19, 2012
Typical day was 7 am till 7pm then called on the cell at 10pm with an "emergency" that had to be done. Worked 2-3 more hours. Never could work enough to make them happy. Was salaried so never compensated. No such thing as a true vacation. Was ALWAYS called on days off and vacation. Was called with family critcally ill in hospital. Always too much work and not enough people and on hiring and salary freeze so no raises. No fun.
Productive and fun place to work
SQA Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAJanuary 22, 2015
Itron is a great place to work. They have a very good benefits package and a well being package. You can travel, to different office locations or customer work places around the world. Itron gives you plenty of opportunity to work on different products.
Stay far away from Itron
Surveyer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 28, 2012
The job itself is OK, it's just a mindless call center job that anyone in the world can do. but the pay is terrible, they never give any raises, and the two supervisors in charge are always going through mood swings. I've seen people get fired for literally no reason at all, just because someone was in a bad mood that day.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
no special comment
Senior Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cork, CDecember 8, 2015
I am responsible for ensuring all customer payments due are received and matched correctly on receipt, resolving customer financial queries, documenting and actioning accordingly where payment is not received for the import and export France market.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
management great,good work ethics,positive attitudes,fun
Material Handler/Lead/Operator (Former Employee) –  West Union, SCFebruary 6, 2014
Greatest place I ever worked.Always enjoyed going and learned so much.Fair treatment and smiling faces seem to make for a positive work environment.Family like as well as teamwork included.
Pros
benefits, awards, vacation ay good, gifts
Cons
too many family members connected which caused conflict
Get ready to learn about Meters!
Associate (Current Employee) –  CentronOctober 13, 2015
Learn a variety of jobs and responsibility with lower management always willing to help out. Began my interest in quantum machanics! Not always easly to meet production standards.