Web Developer-Designer - Freelance
Issues Ink – Winnipeg, MB
We are a national publisher of numerous magazines that are distributed across North America, and are seeking a skilled Web Developer-Designer to work with us on a freelance basis.
The Web Developer-Designer is responsible for the development and design of major and minor Web applications and components for internal and external system users. The developer will design, develop, test and deliver web sites, applications and components. Enhancements and defect resolution will be required on an ongoing basis. Best practices and design methods will be utilized to ensure the success of the projects. The developer will have the ability to create web applications and components from the requirements stage, through design, through production deployment. They will be required to have experience in graphics, layout, scripting, programming, as well as development involving compatibility and seamless integration with various technologies such as, but not limited to, Java and ColdFusion.
Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work by tight deadlines, are key attributes of this individual.
- Experience in developing websites and/or web applications. Minimum of 2 years of web design and development experience is required.
- Solid understanding of navigation and GUI for maximizing usability.
- Front-end and some back-end development experience. More important is the experience of seamless integration of front- to back-end functionality.
- Practical exposure and/or experience with some or all of the following: Java Server Pages and Java, XML, PHP, Oracle, MS SQL Server, ColdFusion Server, CFML, CFScript, IIS, Joomla and Windows Server environments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment and meet deadlines.
- BSc / BA university degree a plus but not required.
Indeed - 2 years ago