iSoftStone Employee Reviews

Flexible and interesting work
English Transcriber (Former Employee) –  Welshpool17 August 2016
I worked independently from home online. I transcribed audio clips of people interacting with their mobile devices. I listened to a wide variety of people with different accents.
I learned how to manage and organise my own time efficiently, along with being self-motivated.
I received useful emails on my progress and tips from my managers.
One of the hardest parts of the job was understanding every audio clip, word for word, as some of the audio clips were of bad quality.
One of the highlights of the job was the flexible hours, allowing me to fit it around attending college at the time.
They've been good to me
Web Production | AT&T Developer Program (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WA3 May 2016
I've been with this company for several years and I don't have any real complaints. They have an espresso machine, sodas, beers, a ping pong table, grills, and everyone is pretty laid back. Also, the company has been very good about reimbursing for training. Can't beat that!
Easy to work with
Web Judging (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW4 December 2015
Easy to work with, good opportunity.
simple online work paid hourly
management was fine to communicate with
no communication to other workers as you work from home
hardest part of the job is keeping your answers consistent and passing random tests
Pros
work from home
Cons
sitting down for long periods of time
Project Employment
Project Content Manager (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WA29 January 2016
As a short-term contractor, my interactions with other employees was minimal. My knowledge of corporate policies was just as minimal.
Avoid. Dreadful. I am still waiting to be paid for work I did over 6 weeks ago.
Transcriber (Former Employee) –  Coventry, ENG15 December 2015
I could describe the poor training, unrealistic expectations and shifting goal posts, but to be honest I can deal with that. It's not getting paid for the many hours of work I have done that really gets to me. I was paid for some of the work I did in October, but when I challenged the amount they did agree that I had been underpaid (I was told I did not need to submit an invoice as they were tracking how many hours I did. In the event I was pleased that I had kept detailed records of what I had done as I needed them). They said they would add the amount I had been underpaid to the next payment. The contract states that transcribers would be paid for the first half of the previous month within 5 days of the 5th of the following month (so within 5 days of the 5th of December I should have been paid for the first half of November). It is now 15th December and I have received no payment for any work done in November or any payment for the underpayment in October. While I was working for them it was very easy to get into contact with them by email (though getting paid correctly was not easy). Immediately the contract ended there has been no contact whatsoever and no-one responds to my emails. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Cons
They don't pay you.
Very fun place to work for
Software Test Engineer/Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WA29 August 2012
Really good management and awesome team mates. Awesome atmosphere created by managers.
Open door policy for managers
Managers are not pride and could stop and chat with regular person.
This company respect every person and it doesn't mater if it newbie or senior employee.
Pros
free lunches for good work, rewards for outstanding work
Cons
traffic
ISOFTSTONE
Volunteer Project as SDET (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WA30 May 2012
ISoftStone is an awesome company. The director of QA 101, is a director at ISoftStone had has given students like myself hands on experience, as well as classroom knowledge of Quality Assurance. This class has gotten me pumped up to further my career in the IT industry as a SDET.
Pros
knowledge, job shadow experience, hands on experience
Fun, energetic talent
Consultant (AT&T) (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WA24 September 2013
As a consultant, was in the office very limited time due to be at customer location but during those times was able to connect with other consultants and share experiences. Very collaborative organization
Pros
Benefits, sharing of information on direction of company
Great people with positive attitude about what they do
QA student (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA5 December 2012
Great environment. Great people. I learned all necessary skills to be a QA / STE. Main instructor is very passionate about explaining how everything works, about his job and wants everyone to succeed.
A very stimulating and growth promoting place to work
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WA30 April 2013
This company is a great place to work for beginners as well as "gurus" in IT world. HR is very supportive, Management is willing to help you move along and advance yourself.
Work atmosphere
Search Engine Evaluator (Former Employee) –  NE20 February 2014
The company manage to provide comfortable and friendly atmosphere that impact positive on the motivation and the results.
Scammers: read the contract VERY carefully
Transcriber (Former Employee) –  Peter House, Manchester9 September 2015
The contract specifies that you need to work to a certain standard, yet they do not specify or define these standards. However if the work does not meet those imaginary 'standards' they are entitled (if you sign the contract) to demand you redo the work necessary but do not pay you for this time.

They advertise that they pay £8-10 per hour but this is unlikely as they pay you per line you transcribe correctly. 200 lines an hour = £8.50, but they must be transcribed perfectly and to do so in such a short space of time is incredibly difficult, especially as there are no standards to go by.

Once you have completed a certain amount of hours you are asked to send them an invoice for your work and time. This is reviewed and payed 30 days later. If they feel that your work has not been up to standard they may delay all payment until the work has been completed - "If any invoice is disputed, the disputed amount will be due and payable within thirty (30) days after resolution of such dispute"

Part of the contract is a Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding. This is because they pay you in US Dollars. This means that, depending on the exchange rate and the method of payment, you could be charged by your bank and from other sources just for receiving the money.

The basic 25 line transcription training that the employees are given does not represent the work and the feedback on this is also lacking and does not prepare the employee.

Overall I would avoid this company at all costs as they are not an honest company and are clearly
  more... exploitative.  less
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Total scam
Excelente trabajo con horarios flexibles
Online Web Evaluator (Former Employee) –  México14 September 2016
Me encantó, cuenta con horarios flexibles, un excelente salario.
Como estudiante era perfecto ya que podía trabajar sin afectar mis estudios.
Pros
Horario flexible, buen salario
Cons
Es por contrato definido