iSoftStone

iSoftStone Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Avoid. Dreadful. I am still waiting to be paid for work I did over 6 weeks ago.
Transcriber (Former Employee), Coventry, ENGDecember 15, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: They don't pay you.
I could describe the poor training, unrealistic expectations and shifting goal posts, but to be honest I can deal with that. It's not getting paid for the many hours of work I have done that really gets to me. I was paid for some of the work I did in October, but when I challenged the amount they did agree that I had been underpaid (I was told I did not need to submit an invoice as they were tracking how many hours I did. In the event I was pleased that I had kept detailed records of what I had done as I needed them). They said they would add the amount I had been underpaid to the next payment. The contract states that transcribers would be paid for the first half of the previous month within 5 days of the 5th of the following month (so within 5 days of the 5th of December I should have been paid for the first half of November). It is now 15th December and I have received no payment for any work done in November or any payment for the underpayment in October. While I was working for them it was very easy to get into contact with them by email (though getting paid correctly was not easy). Immediately the contract ended there has been no contact whatsoever and no-one responds to my emails. Don't waste your time.
Easy to work with
Web Judging (Former Employee), Sydney, NSWDecember 4, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: sitting down for long periods of time
Easy to work with, good opportunity.
simple online work paid hourly
management was fine to communicate with
no communication to other workers as you work from home
hardest part of the job is keeping your answers consistent and passing random tests
Scammers: read the contract VERY carefully
Transcriber (Former Employee), Peter House, ManchesterSeptember 9, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Total scam
The contract specifies that you need to work to a certain standard, yet they do not specify or define these standards. However if the work does not meet those imaginary 'standards' they are entitled (if you sign the contract) to demand you redo the work necessary but do not pay you for this time.

They advertise that they pay £8-10 per hour but this is unlikely as they pay you per line you transcribe correctly. 200 lines an hour = £8.50, but they must be transcribed perfectly and to do so in such a short space of time is incredibly difficult, especially as there are no standards to go by.

Once you have completed a certain amount of hours you are asked to send them an invoice for your work and time. This is reviewed and payed 30 days later. If they feel that your work has not been up to standard they may delay all payment until the work has been completed - "If any invoice is disputed, the disputed amount will be due and payable within thirty (30) days after resolution of such dispute"

Part of the contract is a Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding. This is because they pay you in US Dollars. This means that, depending on the exchange rate and the method of payment, you could be charged by your bank and from other sources just for receiving the money.

The basic 25 line transcription training that the employees are given does not represent the work and the feedback on this is also lacking and does not prepare the employee.

Overall I would avoid this company at all costs as they are not an honest company and are clearly – more... exploitative. – less
Work atmosphere
Search Engine Evaluator (Former Employee), NEFebruary 20, 2014
The company manage to provide comfortable and friendly atmosphere that impact positive on the motivation and the results.
Fun, energetic talent
Consultant (AT&T) (Former Employee), Redmond, WASeptember 24, 2013
Pros: benefits, sharing of information on direction of company
As a consultant, was in the office very limited time due to be at customer location but during those times was able to connect with other consultants and share experiences. Very collaborative organization
A very stimulating and growth promoting place to work
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee), Kirkland, WAApril 30, 2013
This company is a great place to work for beginners as well as "gurus" in IT world. HR is very supportive, Management is willing to help you move along and advance yourself.
Great people with positive attitude about what they do
QA student (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 5, 2012
Great environment. Great people. I learned all necessary skills to be a QA / STE. Main instructor is very passionate about explaining how everything works, about his job and wants everyone to succeed.
Very fun place to work for
Software Test Engineer/Test Analyst (Former Employee), Kirkland, WAAugust 29, 2012
Pros: free lunches for good work, rewards for outstanding work
Cons: traffic
Really good management and awesome team mates. Awesome atmosphere created by managers.
Open door policy for managers
Managers are not pride and could stop and chat with regular person.
This company respect every person and it doesn't mater if it newbie or senior employee.
ISOFTSTONE
Volunteer Project as SDET (Current Employee), Kirkland, WAMay 30, 2012
Pros: knowledge, job shadow experience, hands on experience
ISoftStone is an awesome company. The director of QA 101, is a director at ISoftStone had has given students like myself hands on experience, as well as classroom knowledge of Quality Assurance. This class has gotten me pumped up to further my career in the IT industry as a SDET.
Industry