iSoftStone Employee Reviews

Pretty good
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WA9 November 2017
It's a good company. I started as an intern. Slow paced but you can go fast paced if you want. There are lots of opportunities you can learn from. Big consulting company too.
stressful hours,poor salary,learned a lot.
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  成都市12 October 2017
my first project was a open source project, worked with HW engineers in , learned a lot about bigdata such as Hadoop, Spark, Riak;
stressful work hours ,but poor payment ;
almost no corporate culture at all;
Can be good
Web Search Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Hobart TAS17 September 2017
Working from home is the big plus and the pay can be really good sometimes when there is work to do but there is far too little of it. I've made about $550 in three days once and I have also made $0.00 in a few weeks. It is very random and you have to check the UHRS site regularly to make sure you have not missed any jobs. Each project requires a qualification test beforehand. Sometimes they will email about special projects (these usually pay more and are done per hour rather than per judgement). The pay is once a month directly into your bank account. If you need a bit of extra cash it can be good but don't rely on it. The work can be very repetitive and does require some concentration.
Pros
Free time, work from home, pay for some projects, ease of work
Cons
Not enough work, too many low paying projects, email replies can be slow, getting kicked off projects
nice company to work for
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WA10 August 2017
as senior financial analyst, complete and process of month-end close processes, including preparation of Journal Entries, account reconciliations, analysis of general ledger balance reconciliations and accruals. Support and prepare quarterly and year end reports for external audits, including SOX audits using GAAP practices. Review consolidated financial information, analysis the variance and verify balances are correct.
An excellent work environment
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WA26 June 2017
This place has been one of my favorite agencies to work for. The people are friendly, approachable, and seeming happy with the work environment. My team was solid. Smart and easy going folks you would enjoy getting a beer with after work.
Flexible schedule
Independent contractor (Current Employee) –  telecommute3 May 2017
This company encourages working from home. It has enabled me to earn a living from home and provides ample work. I work on a contract basis and have the freedom to take time off.
productive and fun workplace
Transcriber (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester4 March 2017
It was very fun and laid back work for good pay, ideal for students who have other responsibilities, very flexible hours and could also work from home which was a plus, although working at the office was fun too.
Independent contractors Beware!
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Remote15 December 2016
Do NOT work here as a small task independent contractor/ crowdsourcing. They will NOT pay you for your hard work!
They also do not respond to your emails.
Overall A Top Consulting Firm
Sr. Business Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WA9 November 2016
My work experience with ISoftStone was very professional but fun. There was plenty of work/life balance and all colleagues were very supportive of one another. I enjoyed my experience with the firm and still remain friends with many former colleagues.
Excelente trabajo con horarios flexibles
Online Web Evaluator (Former Employee) –  México14 September 2016
Me encantó, cuenta con horarios flexibles, un excelente salario.
Como estudiante era perfecto ya que podía trabajar sin afectar mis estudios.
Pros
Horario flexible, buen salario
Cons
Es por contrato definido
Flexible and interesting work
English Transcriber (Former Employee) –  Welshpool17 August 2016
I worked independently from home online. I transcribed audio clips of people interacting with their mobile devices. I listened to a wide variety of people with different accents.
I learned how to manage and organise my own time efficiently, along with being self-motivated.
I received useful emails on my progress and tips from my managers.
One of the hardest parts of the job was understanding every audio clip, word for word, as some of the audio clips were of bad quality.
One of the highlights of the job was the flexible hours, allowing me to fit it around attending college at the time.
They've been good to me
Web Production | AT&T Developer Program (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WA3 May 2016
I've been with this company for several years and I don't have any real complaints. They have an espresso machine, sodas, beers, a ping pong table, grills, and everyone is pretty laid back. Also, the company has been very good about reimbursing for training. Can't beat that!
Project Employment
Project Content Manager (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WA29 January 2016
As a short-term contractor, my interactions with other employees was minimal. My knowledge of corporate policies was just as minimal.
Avoid. Dreadful. I am still waiting to be paid for work I did over 6 weeks ago.
Transcriber (Former Employee) –  Coventry, ENG15 December 2015
I could describe the poor training, unrealistic expectations and shifting goal posts, but to be honest I can deal with that. It's not getting paid for the many hours of work I have done that really gets to me. I was paid for some of the work I did in October, but when I challenged the amount they did agree that I had been underpaid (I was told I did not need to submit an invoice as they were tracking how many hours I did. In the event I was pleased that I had kept detailed records of what I had done as I needed them). They said they would add the amount I had been underpaid to the next payment. The contract states that transcribers would be paid for the first half of the previous month within 5 days of the 5th of the following month (so within 5 days of the 5th of December I should have been paid for the first half of November). It is now 15th December and I have received no payment for any work done in November or any payment for the underpayment in October. While I was working for them it was very easy to get into contact with them by email (though getting paid correctly was not easy). Immediately the contract ended there has been no contact whatsoever and no-one responds to my emails. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Cons
They don't pay you.
Easy to work with
Web Judging (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW4 December 2015
Easy to work with, good opportunity.
simple online work paid hourly
management was fine to communicate with
no communication to other workers as you work from home
hardest part of the job is keeping your answers consistent and passing random tests
Pros
work from home
Cons
sitting down for long periods of time
Scammers: read the contract VERY carefully
Transcriber (Former Employee) –  Peter House, Manchester9 September 2015
The contract specifies that you need to work to a certain standard, yet they do not specify or define these standards. However if the work does not meet those imaginary 'standards' they are entitled (if you sign the contract) to demand you redo the work necessary but do not pay you for this time.

They advertise that they pay £8-10 per hour but this is unlikely as they pay you per line you transcribe correctly. 200 lines an hour = £8.50, but they must be transcribed perfectly and to do so in such a short space of time is incredibly difficult, especially as there are no standards to go by.

Once you have completed a certain amount of hours you are asked to send them an invoice for your work and time. This is reviewed and payed 30 days later. If they feel that your work has not been up to standard they may delay all payment until the work has been completed - "If any invoice is disputed, the disputed amount will be due and payable within thirty (30) days after resolution of such dispute"

Part of the contract is a Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding. This is because they pay you in US Dollars. This means that, depending on the exchange rate and the method of payment, you could be charged by your bank and from other sources just for receiving the money.

The basic 25 line transcription training that the employees are given does not represent the work and the feedback on this is also lacking and does not prepare the employee.

Overall I would avoid this company at all costs as they are not an honest company and are clearly
  more... exploitative.  less
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Total scam
Work atmosphere
Search Engine Evaluator (Former Employee) –  NE20 February 2014
The company manage to provide comfortable and friendly atmosphere that impact positive on the motivation and the results.
Fun, energetic talent
Consultant (AT&T) (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WA24 September 2013
As a consultant, was in the office very limited time due to be at customer location but during those times was able to connect with other consultants and share experiences. Very collaborative organization
Pros
Benefits, sharing of information on direction of company
A very stimulating and growth promoting place to work
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WA30 April 2013
This company is a great place to work for beginners as well as "gurus" in IT world. HR is very supportive, Management is willing to help you move along and advance yourself.
Great people with positive attitude about what they do
QA student (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA5 December 2012
Great environment. Great people. I learned all necessary skills to be a QA / STE. Main instructor is very passionate about explaining how everything works, about his job and wants everyone to succeed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at iSoftStone. Our community is ready to answer.