ISM Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Lots of flexibility
HR Consultant (Former Employee), Victoria, BCOctober 13, 2015
Pros: Great people, competitive wages and benefits
Cons: Office politics
ISM Canada, an IBM Company, is a great employer to work with. It generally has a friendly family atmosphere. With lots of flexibility for work at home.
I provided HR generalist support to approx 250 staff, including working with managers' on recruitment, attendance management and performance issues.
As well, I managed all disability (occupational and non-occ) for the entire BC region, approximately 500 staff.
There was a degree of office politics that made it hard to navigate the organization, this was a top down issue.
I am a personal and professional development coach as well, any time I was able to utilize that skill were my most enjoyable aspect of the role.

I am a passionate HR professional, my philosophy being, treat your staff with respect, allow as much autonomy as possible, with out them there would be no company.
Supportive and productive work place
Co-Op Student - Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee), Regina, SKMarch 14, 2015
Pros: can work from home
Cons: no free coffee
Almost on every work place coffee is free but in ISM its not free. But i do agree workplace is very supportive and productive
great place to work always learning new things
Mainframe Computer Operator (Former Employee), reginaJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: poor management
to start I have been with ISM for 27 years and I have held many different postions..in all most were great people and great jobs but like all companies there some weak links and most of the dedicated employees carry for those weak links which makes for a great company..
Good Company
Developer (Current Employee), ReginaDecember 22, 2013
Pros: multicultural office, great education opportunities, job performance based on client satisfaction
Cons: contractually necessary projects that are underfunded and the project members are overworked, some bad managers
As an unionized employee at ISM Canada, I work 9 of the 10 work days in a two week period. I work 8 hours and 20 min each day (7.5 hours average per day) and get an EDO 1 day every two weeks. ISM Canada, as an IBM company, encourages you to further your education and certifications (of which you are mandated to take a min 41 hour per year). This greatly reduces the chance of your skills degrading over time, and aids in your career progression. The management at ISM is similar to most other IT companies with great to bad managers. The better the manager, the more likely they will be in areas of the company that are making money, and are the most productive. The worst managers tend to be in areas of the business that are contractually necessary, and are seen as an expense to the company. ISM Canada has hired several employees from around the world in the last 5 years. This has made the company a cultural mosaic, and a joy for people that enjoy experiencing other cultures. The hardest part of my job at ISM has been working in contractually necessary areas of the company. These projects are always underfunded, and expectations exceed what is possible. The most enjoyable part of my job has been when I can directly contribute to a client's success. ISM Canada has a process to gain client satisfaction, and manage their expectations. This is used in our yearly reviews. Getting an excellent client satisfaction review from a contractually necessary project is a highly rewarding experience, and makes all the hard work worth it in the end.
Great work culture and great learning experience
Analyst (Former Employee), Regina, SaskatchewanNovember 13, 2013
I was 7 months at ISM Canada, an IBM company. It had been a great learning experience form working in a team which believes to work independently towards a common goal, working on new technologies, new development tool (IBM report tool Crystal Report). I loved the work culture there and also the flex work hours. A totally employee friendly company. My best wishes.
IT Technical Analyst/Tech Support/Projects/Service Desk, etc.
IT Technical Analyst, Vancouver (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCOctober 28, 2013
Worked M-F 8-4pm at Burnaby/Vancouver offices. Typically responded to client requests via phone, email, automated ticket/admin, and voice mail messages.

For complete details, including what I did at VCHA, etc., please consult my CV/resume.
Great company! Great people!
Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee), Victoria, BCSeptember 11, 2013
Busy, fast paced environment. A private organization supporting the public sector and governed by public sector collective bargaining.