The Assistant Manager is responsible for providing customers with the best possible shopping experience. It is your job to create an inviting shopping environment for customers that will meet their needs effectively, efficiently and safely. To do this, you will work with the Store Manager to create initiatives to further develop strategies and objectives to increase sale, improve efficiency and safety in the yard.
This position requires you to be a self-start, leader, possess the ability to work in a fast pasted sometimes stressful environment, problem-solve, lead others and ensure strategies and objectives are executed and successful.
- Customer Service (e.g. greet and sell to walk-in customers, be friendly and inviting, maximize sales to both to walk-in and regular customers by cross-selling or up selling, be aware and create awareness of new products, stay current with products both in the industry and the yard, be familiar with product lines in order to properly direct customers, ensure yard is properly stocked, and complaints are documented and resolved.
- Work with Manager to document productivity and develop improvements in departments
- Review problem inventories (overstock, obsolete, seasonal and old stock) and develop action plans with the Manager to address problems
- Train, coach and document safety training and awareness of new staff
- Taking an active role in execution of safety awareness programs
- Following up on all safety audits, accident reports and accident investigations
- Setting department goals and monitoring them regularly
- Follow company operating procedures to open and close, this includes balancing cash daily and deposits
- Stay abreast of invoicing accounts and there status
- All paperwork and invoicing are properly priced
- Other related duties as assigned by Manager
Indeed - 9 months ago