Island TradeLink (ITL) is growing and we need help. As the only professionally-managed commercial trade exchange on Vancouver Island, our existing network of members always requires additional products and services. We are therefore looking for a business development person to join our team to work in a B2B environment with small and medium businesses.
The business development person will become a key part of our sales and marketing activities in the company. We are looking for someone who is eloquent, professional and knows how to close deals in an educational and relationship-building role. If that is you, read on.
You will be responsible for:
- generating new leads, primarily in Victoria
- consulting with existing members for prospective leads
- closing deals and signing-up new members
- promoting, presenting and demo-ing the core concept of our trading services
- consulting with existing members for follow-up of existing leads
- identifying trading opportunities with existing and prospective members
- providing accurate weekly activity and opportunity pipeline reporting
- achieving monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales targets
As the ideal candidate you should have:
- Diverse B2B sales background
- sound knowledge of small business commerce – you understand how revenue is generated and costs are minimized, and know how to define cost-of-goods-sold
- good knowledge of accounting practices – you know the difference between margin and mark-up, what a P&L is, understand basic taxation
- good knowledge of marketing – you understand the ROI of social media, or lack of
- excellent presentation and influencing skills at various levels – people buy from you
- strong communication skills – people understand why you are excited
- sales focus – it is your livelihood, it is what you do well
- up-to-date computer knowledge – CRM, Office, database systems
- excellent telephone and inter-personal skills – people buy from you because you are credible
- the inherent ability to manage time effectively – no free lunches
- the desire to become an expert by developing and maintaining a strong understanding and knowledge of the company's services, technologies and competitive landscape
- adequate transport to negotiate Victoria
This is position may be full time contractual, or employment, with rewards being in the form of new-business sign-up commission, potential trade-volume commission and retainer. A suitable package will be negotiated with the right person.
Please, all e-mail to hr at islandtradelink.com
About Island TradeLink:
Island TradeLink is Vancouver Island’s only professionally managed Commercial Trade Exchange. Members trade goods and services for new purchasing power in “trade credit”, thereby conserving cash.
Established in January, 2004, and based in Victoria, B.C., the company administers the trading activities of its own network of businesses using an advanced technology on-line trading system.
Membership allows businesses to participate in markets and commercial activities that epitomize business networking with tangible benefits! No other association can provide these business benefits!
- purchase goods, services and capacity for credit instead of cash
- attract new customers that are beyond conventional market-reach and processes
- sell goods and services at full margins at all times – no Groupons, no discounts
- access a new and innovative source of financing – the future determines the credibility
Membership also provides an immediate expansion of the market-reach to include other business centers in Canada, the United States including Hawaii, and Central America.
Please see our website at http://www.islandtradelink.com