Islamic Relief Employee Reviews

Very friendly workplace, all nice people
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 February 2017
When I worked there as a volunteer, there was many nice people there and it's a very diverse community, it was very hardworking and you have to have patience
Pros
Free passes to auctions and fundraisers
Cons
A good organization to work
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Islamabad3 February 2017
Overall a good organization to work however need to develop sustainable long term employee oriented policies. Management changes abrubtly. Friendly and caring working environment.
Pros
Medical, mobile and allowance
helping medicine with patient
Doctor's Assistant (Former Employee) –  ifo kenya24 January 2017
It was refugee community I worked as a doctor when i finished my high school learning and start job there I give medicine for patient people and I was take care there healthy it is not bad job then I travel united state that is why I left the job it was Kenya thank you.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare
very lively workplace
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire5 January 2017
From the moment i started work experience at the place i knew it would be a fun and lively place to work at. there was always new things to do and that kept me motivated in learning about the outside world.
Great colleagues and cause
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 January 2017
A great place to work if you identify with the mission and values. As with working for any such charity, pay and advancement is likely to be lacking compared to other places.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Variable management quality
Voluntter (Former Employee) –  Cardiff City, Cardiff3 January 2017
I worked as a volunteer so I cannot comment on the pay as I did not get paid but overall it was a really nice and relaxed atmosphere to work in and I really enjoyed my time there and met some wonderful people there.
Pros
Free food
Cons
not many
Great community to work in..
Shop Manageress (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow10 December 2016
I loved working in the community although it did come with many challenges I would do it all again because over the years I have met many inspiring and wonderful people, I worked within a fantastic team that always supported each other and made the job fun.
it was a fund working at Islamic Relief
HR Officer (Former Employee) –  Pakistan14 November 2016
I enjoyed working with Islamic Relief. I learnt a lot during my tenure with Islamic Relief. All the seniors were very supportive and helpful. I worked both in the field office and head office of Islamic Relief. The working environment was very conducive.
Pros
pick and drop
Cons
no provident fund facility and health insurance
Fun and fair workplace
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Birmingham20 September 2016
The staff are very kind and they treat everyone the same. The staff and supervisor are fair with everyone and very friendly.
Pros
Free pool area
Cons
Good shift times
fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walthamstow26 July 2016
i worked at Islamic relief as a volunteer and I had a great time. the people who worked along side me were very kind and motivating.
Pros
free lunch
Good
Call Centre Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bradford15 July 2016
Islamic Relief is a good organization to work with. The people at Islamic Relief come from various backgrounds which have increased my knowledge of different cultures. Although it is hard working it is enjoyable as you are aware your work is benefitting those needy around the world. The hardest part of the jobs is the timings as you may go over due to the workload.
Productive, fun work place, helping others
Charity Volunteer (Former Employee) –  London4 July 2016
A typical day at work would be to persuade others to help the ones that in need in places such as Syria. I learned that helping the homeless ones would make me think about how to live my lifestyle. How to be able to provide for myself and family and being able to take care of myself. The hardest part of the job is actually convinving people to donate money to these poor people but the most enjoyable moments when we raise a lot of money and are able to help lots of people and feel relieved about it.
Pros
Free lunches
busy and energetic environment
Volunteer Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham2 May 2016
A good work place, with Co-workers and management that make volunteering there worth it as they is a good communication established.
Interesting
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  London18 April 2016
This job was quite intriguing as each day would pose a different a challenge. One day you would be giving a speech in a hall and the next day you would be out engaging with the local community in a fund raising event.
Awesome.
Volunteer Worker / Fundraising Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ENG5 January 2016
Great work as a charity, from fundraising to PR to delivery of aid. Great work on the ground, very large organisation. Friendly, dedicated staff. A pleasure to work with.
enjoyable
Assist and help other workers (Former Employee) –  Bradford2 December 2015
good intentions and well managed. you do a bit of heavy lifting and assist customers with their needs and enquires. the hardest part of the job is the length of standing in one place and the most enjoyable part is working with other employees
Pros
lots of breaks
Cons
not much seating area
productive and enjoyable
charity worker (Former Employee) –  Greater Manchester13 November 2015
knocking on doors for donations
working on the streets
talking to new people everyday
being confident, friendly and approachable
Pros
able to build up my confidence to speak to lots of new people
Cons
long shifts
Inspirational and Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (Work Experience) (Former Employee) –  London5 August 2015
I have had the chance to gain work experience within Islamic Relief and this experience has taught me various customer service skills. Also it had been useful as they had been able to teach me how to use the card processor for payments as well as the cash register to process cash payments. They had also taught me how to approach the different customers who come into the store and how to deal with difficult situation such as an upset customer. All my co-workers are very friendly and polite and help adjust to the new environment.
Pros
Choosing your own starting and finishing timings, longs lunch breaks
Productive and Organized
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Hickory Hills, IL18 June 2015
A typical day includes organizing boxes in the office and filing brochures and sorting mail to be sent out. For events, I would report to the office and help carry any needed items for the event to the truck. At the event, I would check in the guests in the lobby and isue them their tickets while someone else shows them to their seats. During the event, I would collect any donations. During conventions, I would help set up the booth and persuade people walking by to sponsor an orphan or donate to the organization.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
it is instructive
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ENG26 April 2015
Very friendly place, i learnt how much it is important to donate even if you have just 1p, for us , maybe, one pence is something that we do not even considerate as money but a useless thing, but for someone penny after penny can make a difference for them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Islamic Relief. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5