Islamic Relief Employee Reviews

Fun and fair workplace
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Birmingham20 September 2016
The staff are very kind and they treat everyone the same. The staff and supervisor are fair with everyone and very friendly.
Pros
Free pool area
Cons
Good shift times
fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walthamstow26 July 2016
i worked at Islamic relief as a volunteer and I had a great time. the people who worked along side me were very kind and motivating.
Pros
free lunch
Good
Call Centre Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bradford15 July 2016
Islamic Relief is a good organization to work with. The people at Islamic Relief come from various backgrounds which have increased my knowledge of different cultures. Although it is hard working it is enjoyable as you are aware your work is benefitting those needy around the world. The hardest part of the jobs is the timings as you may go over due to the workload.
Productive, fun work place, helping others
Charity Volunteer (Former Employee) –  London4 July 2016
A typical day at work would be to persuade others to help the ones that in need in places such as Syria. I learned that helping the homeless ones would make me think about how to live my lifestyle. How to be able to provide for myself and family and being able to take care of myself. The hardest part of the job is actually convinving people to donate money to these poor people but the most enjoyable moments when we raise a lot of money and are able to help lots of people and feel relieved about it.
Pros
Free lunches
busy and energetic environment
Volunteer Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham2 May 2016
A good work place, with Co-workers and management that make volunteering there worth it as they is a good communication established.
Interesting
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  London18 April 2016
This job was quite intriguing as each day would pose a different a challenge. One day you would be giving a speech in a hall and the next day you would be out engaging with the local community in a fund raising event.
Awesome.
Volunteer Worker / Fundraising Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ENG5 January 2016
Great work as a charity, from fundraising to PR to delivery of aid. Great work on the ground, very large organisation. Friendly, dedicated staff. A pleasure to work with.
enjoyable
Assist and help other workers (Former Employee) –  Bradford2 December 2015
good intentions and well managed. you do a bit of heavy lifting and assist customers with their needs and enquires. the hardest part of the job is the length of standing in one place and the most enjoyable part is working with other employees
Pros
lots of breaks
Cons
not much seating area
productive and enjoyable
charity worker (Former Employee) –  Greater Manchester13 November 2015
knocking on doors for donations
working on the streets
talking to new people everyday
being confident, friendly and approachable
Pros
able to build up my confidence to speak to lots of new people
Cons
long shifts
Inspirational and Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (Work Experience) (Former Employee) –  London5 August 2015
I have had the chance to gain work experience within Islamic Relief and this experience has taught me various customer service skills. Also it had been useful as they had been able to teach me how to use the card processor for payments as well as the cash register to process cash payments. They had also taught me how to approach the different customers who come into the store and how to deal with difficult situation such as an upset customer. All my co-workers are very friendly and polite and help adjust to the new environment.
Pros
Choosing your own starting and finishing timings, longs lunch breaks
Productive and Organized
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Hickory Hills, IL18 June 2015
A typical day includes organizing boxes in the office and filing brochures and sorting mail to be sent out. For events, I would report to the office and help carry any needed items for the event to the truck. At the event, I would check in the guests in the lobby and isue them their tickets while someone else shows them to their seats. During the event, I would collect any donations. During conventions, I would help set up the booth and persuade people walking by to sponsor an orphan or donate to the organization.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
it is instructive
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ENG26 April 2015
Very friendly place, i learnt how much it is important to donate even if you have just 1p, for us , maybe, one pence is something that we do not even considerate as money but a useless thing, but for someone penny after penny can make a difference for them.
not good
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  birmingham15 April 2015
in my experience this company is not very good for employer because this company didn't gives any body place for work. This company just need volunteer, according to my experience this company not give any volunteer good experience aswal.
Cons
long houre
friendly environment with excellent hours
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG14 April 2015
Day at work consisted of operating tills whilst organising shop floor.
I learnt time management skills along with co operating well with colleagues.
Management team were friendly and understanding,they were always willing to empathise with staff members if they were experiencing personal/emotional problems.
Co workers were friendly and approachable.
Although Parts of the job were enjoyable I did experience trials and tribulations,for example,During certain times of the day heavy boxes had to be carried into the shop,this was one of the difficulties I encountered when having this job.
Most enjoyable part of the job was conversing with customers and building a friendly rapport with them.
Pros
great oppurtunity for meeting new people
Cons
carrying heavy items into the shop
attended workshops
Finance Assistant, Quetta Office (Former Employee) –  Quetta, PBA12 February 2015
workshop at Islamabad Pakistan learned many things about self management ,found new friends there visited some places of Islamabad ,hence was good experiance
Productive and encouraging
Country Security Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Islamabad, Pakistan25 January 2015
Demanding job due to the country's challenging security situation; Learnt that organisations are relatively at higher risk of being targeted due to the nature of their work; Managements are generally reactive in approach towards security; if communicated clearly and across the organisations, co-workers are very supportive; hardest part is ensuring compliance to security measures; achieving and developing a culture of security where non- security staff take ownership
Pros
Open to new ideas and initiatives
Cons
Overall organisational approach was Reactive and personality based
Productive and beneficial
Shop Assistant Volunteer (Former Employee) –  London, Whitechapel13 October 2014
As this was a bit of charity work for me in my free time as I am unemployed, this helped me gain and improve my customer service skills. It is also beneficial towards the charity. My daily tasks would've been Serving customers at front desk, helping customer to find the desired item, sorting through second hand clothing of public donations, steaming products, end of day cleaning, assisting and training other volunteers.
fun
Summer Volunteering (Former Employee) –  Whitechapel, ENG28 September 2014
helping the needy is not always easy but humanity is in need.
A typical day consist of shifting through heaps of clothes and sorting them into good and bad piles.
fun workplace but heavy workload
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Leicester, ENG30 May 2014
a typical day at work would start at 9:30am and would end at 5:00pm. Sometimes there would be no jobs to do except aiding the customers and/or keeping the store clean. however, once the donations piled in the workload increased drastically. there were heavy things to carry and unpack and display. on the other hand, the staff were friendly and i enjoyed my time there. i learnt key skills i could utilize elsewhere, such as, customer service, stock replenishing and commuting.
Pros
fun and friendly workplace
Cons
big workload
Fun, enjoyable and engaging
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG21 May 2014
I had decided to be part of Islamic Relief to help boost my work experience and skills. This voluntary job is really fun and engaging and entailed me to carry out several types of job activities with the community. In my opinion, this is the best job I have been in.

4.3