Islamic Relief Employee Reviews

Productive, fun work place, helping others
Charity Volunteer (Former Employee) –  London4 July 2016
A typical day at work would be to persuade others to help the ones that in need in places such as Syria. I learned that helping the homeless ones would make me think about how to live my lifestyle. How to be able to provide for myself and family and being able to take care of myself. The hardest part of the job is actually convinving people to donate money to these poor people but the most enjoyable moments when we raise a lot of money and are able to help lots of people and feel relieved about it.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Good
Call Centre Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bradford15 July 2016
Islamic Relief is a good organization to work with. The people at Islamic Relief come from various backgrounds which have increased my knowledge of different cultures. Although it is hard working it is enjoyable as you are aware your work is benefitting those needy around the world. The hardest part of the jobs is the timings as you may go over due to the workload.
Great community to work in..
Shop Manageress (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow10 December 2016
I loved working in the community although it did come with many challenges I would do it all again because over the years I have met many inspiring and wonderful people, I worked within a fantastic team that always supported each other and made the job fun.
it was a fund working at Islamic Relief
HR Officer (Former Employee) –  Pakistan14 November 2016
I enjoyed working with Islamic Relief. I learnt a lot during my tenure with Islamic Relief. All the seniors were very supportive and helpful. I worked both in the field office and head office of Islamic Relief. The working environment was very conducive.
Pros
pick and drop
Cons
no provident fund facility and health insurance
Voluntter (Former Employee) –  Cardiff City, Cardiff3 January 2017
I worked as a volunteer so I cannot comment on the pay as I did not get paid but overall it was a really nice and relaxed atmosphere to work in and I really enjoyed my time there and met some wonderful people there.
Pros
Free food
Cons
not many
very lively workplace
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire5 January 2017
From the moment i started work experience at the place i knew it would be a fun and lively place to work at. there was always new things to do and that kept me motivated in learning about the outside world.
Fun and fair workplace
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Birmingham20 September 2016
The staff are very kind and they treat everyone the same. The staff and supervisor are fair with everyone and very friendly.
Pros
Free pool area
Cons
Good shift times
busy and energetic environment
Volunteer Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham2 May 2016
A good work place, with Co-workers and management that make volunteering there worth it as they is a good communication established.
fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walthamstow26 July 2016
i worked at Islamic relief as a volunteer and I had a great time. the people who worked along side me were very kind and motivating.
Pros
free lunch
Productive and encouraging
Country Security Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Islamabad, Pakistan25 January 2015
Demanding job due to the country's challenging security situation; Learnt that organisations are relatively at higher risk of being targeted due to the nature of their work; Managements are generally reactive in approach towards security; if communicated clearly and across the organisations, co-workers are very supportive; hardest part is ensuring compliance to security measures; achieving and developing a culture of security where non- security staff take ownership
Pros
Open to new ideas and initiatives
Cons
Overall organisational approach was Reactive and personality based
Inspirational and Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (Work Experience) (Former Employee) –  London5 August 2015
I have had the chance to gain work experience within Islamic Relief and this experience has taught me various customer service skills. Also it had been useful as they had been able to teach me how to use the card processor for payments as well as the cash register to process cash payments. They had also taught me how to approach the different customers who come into the store and how to deal with difficult situation such as an upset customer. All my co-workers are very friendly and polite and help adjust to the new environment.
Pros
Choosing your own starting and finishing timings, longs lunch breaks
Interesting
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  London18 April 2016
This job was quite intriguing as each day would pose a different a challenge. One day you would be giving a speech in a hall and the next day you would be out engaging with the local community in a fund raising event.
friendly environment with excellent hours
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG14 April 2015
Day at work consisted of operating tills whilst organising shop floor.
I learnt time management skills along with co operating well with colleagues.
Management team were friendly and understanding,they were always willing to empathise with staff members if they were experiencing personal/emotional problems.
Co workers were friendly and approachable.
Although Parts of the job were enjoyable I did experience trials and tribulations,for example,During certain times of the day heavy boxes had to be carried into the shop,this was one of the difficulties I encountered when having this job.
Most enjoyable part of the job was conversing with customers and building a friendly rapport with them.
Pros
great oppurtunity for meeting new people
Cons
carrying heavy items into the shop
Awesome.
Volunteer Worker / Fundraising Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ENG5 January 2016
Great work as a charity, from fundraising to PR to delivery of aid. Great work on the ground, very large organisation. Friendly, dedicated staff. A pleasure to work with.
enjoyable
Assist and help other workers (Former Employee) –  Bradford2 December 2015
good intentions and well managed. you do a bit of heavy lifting and assist customers with their needs and enquires. the hardest part of the job is the length of standing in one place and the most enjoyable part is working with other employees
Pros
lots of breaks
Cons
not much seating area
productive and enjoyable
charity worker (Former Employee) –  Greater Manchester13 November 2015
knocking on doors for donations
working on the streets
talking to new people everyday
being confident, friendly and approachable
Pros
able to build up my confidence to speak to lots of new people
Cons
long shifts
Productive and Organized
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Hickory Hills, IL18 June 2015
A typical day includes organizing boxes in the office and filing brochures and sorting mail to be sent out. For events, I would report to the office and help carry any needed items for the event to the truck. At the event, I would check in the guests in the lobby and isue them their tickets while someone else shows them to their seats. During the event, I would collect any donations. During conventions, I would help set up the booth and persuade people walking by to sponsor an orphan or donate to the organization.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Islmaic Relief Retail Job
Stock room and Shop floor Asisstant (Former Employee) –  Leicester4 February 2013
A typical day at work would be to clear out the chairty clothes that come in everyday and sort them out into sections.What i learnt while doing my wor experience here was building my communication skills with people and helping them to their needs.I managed well in hard situations and overcomed my dutys by focussing on my targets and reaching my deadline on time.My hardest part of the job was to wake up early everyday and arrive at he work place but i overcomed this by putting on a earlier alarm time.The most enjoyable part for me was to interact with different people from different age n races building a srong bond which we all got on well together.
productive and interesting
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG3 July 2013
At the charity store the roles I had to carry were to sort clothes that had been donated, by folding them and arranging them in racks as neat as possible so people could easily find the things they wanted; doing this helped me become more creative and aware of different clothing and how its arrangement could attract possible buyers, as well as improving my team work skills with the other workers. During this voluntary job I also improved my communication skills when dealing with complaints by costumers.
The hardest part of the job was to deal with costumer complaints when I first started but soon I ban to deal with it well. The part I enjoyed the most was that I made great friendships in my team.
Pros
Great frienship with team, saw regular costumers.
Cons
It wasn't that busy.
Fast Paced, busy and fun work environment
Voluntary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Small Heath, Birmingham13 December 2012
Having the opportunity to be a volunteer at the Islamic Relief chairty store I had the responsibilities included till operation, helping customers on the shop floor, sorting donated clothing and accessories and providing product knowledge to customers. I gained valuable experience and this kept me busy during my spare time as I was learning and interacting with customers and staff.
The only hardest part of the job was knowing how to operate the till and the most enjoyable part was deciding what donated items would sell on the shop floor, as this gave me more independence to think on my initiative and see perspectives from the customers' point of view i.e will they be willing to spend money on a item which was in a certain condition.

4.2