ISLAMIC FOUNDATION OF TORONTO Employee Reviews

Loved Volunteering... fun workplace!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2017
Children get confused and also may misbehave
Got to learn teaching skills, keeping records
Management was very cooperative and nice
The hardest part of the job was to get the students to keep up with the teacher
I loved teaching the kids, had fun with them during their recess.
Pros
Learn new skills
Fun work place
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2017
Good experience fun staff hard workers everyone helps each other out and are approachable for any questions and concerns. Good benefits such as lunch is provided
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Hours
Productive & friendly workplace
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 December 2016
This workplace provided valuable experience in terms of working in an office environment, cash management, and dealing with various types of customers.
Pros
Fun environment, flexible timings.
Cons
heavy workload.
Amazing experience
Event Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 May 2016
I was able to gain to work with children and many different types of people. The best part was being able to develop my interpersonal skills and teaching children new things.
Religious prayer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2016
I volunteered at an event that took place at Islamic Foundation of Toronto. My task as a volunteer was to manage the parking lot and the crowd coming to the event.
Pros
Free lunch and dinner
Cons
long hours of volunteering
great, fun environment to work in!
Student teacher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2015
I work in a great environment with ever greater people, i look forward to going to work every week because i have such a good time there. A typical day at work for me is setting up the classroom for the day (cleaning up any messes, putting down chairs for the students, helping with the lesson plan), helping all the students settle down, teaching for a bit (we like to play some fun games once in a while just to keep the kids interested!!), helping them with their lunch, teaching some more and then sending the kids home at the end of the day and then we clean up the classroom for the next day. My co-workers are the greatest people to work with, they always know what they are doing and how to deal with certain situations with the kids, they're funny, and i always look forward to seeing them. The hardest part of this job would definitely be dealing with crying kids, I love kids but sometimes it just gets to be too much and that's why i love my co-workers because they always have my back. I have definitely learned a lot from this job, i have a lot more patience, i am much better at dealing with kids,
Pros
always having fun with the students
Cons
students are in kindergarten which means i have to deal with a lot of little crying kids
Small detailing is essential- Team work increase the productivity-Safety will pay
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto1 October 2015
Carrier Objective
Energetic Construction Site Superintendent experienced in managing a variety of construction teams and projects, consistently finishing projects under budget and ahead of schedule. Successful in creating effective communication between personnel, general contractors and the management team
fun place
Student Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2014
I enjoy working here. everyone I work with is very humble and understanding. I do administrative work and i also help to run a daycare here and teach young children. The environment is very calm.
Pros
easy going
Cons
working through breaks
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2014
great experience
workers are amazing
management well organized
an awesome place, with wonderful students and staff members
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2014
being organized
managing your time
being very polite
help students and parents, if help in need
Lots of work
Audio/Video director at mosque events (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2013
Having to control all the sound at conferences and events is pretty heavy on work and you have to be well coordinated with colleagues to get the job done correctly.