We are seeking for a Design Specialist for our client in Scarborough.
- Evaluate, Select and introduce, through the New Technology Introduction process, wireless network technologies for inclusion into the carrier network.
- Develop Methods of Procedures and feature functionality specifications for any new wireless products or enhancements being introduced. This will include lab testing responsibilities for new technology.
- Develop and Analyze RFP’s for new equipment and services related to carrier networks. Manage the vendor relationship once established on behalf of carrier.
- Develop the technology roadmaps for the evolution of existing technology and managed solutions. * Plan, Execute and Report on strategic trials in the TD R&D Lab
- Socialize project requirements and deliverables to Engineering and Operational teams respectively.
- Assist in deployment of new technologies by providing higher level support to various Operations teams during a NTI or evolution into the carrier network.
· Knowledge of the NSN HLR network design would be a desirable asset.
· Work experience on network and platform integration, dimensioning and trouble-shooting for HLR, HSS, GGSN , SGSN, PGW, SGW and MME in aUMTS or LTE networks
· Solid skills to capture and analysis UMTS call trace include MAP, CAMEL, ISUP, Diameter, SIP
· Good understanding to the Provisioning and Billing interfaces (SOAP, XML, CORBA)
· Good knowledge of UNIX/Linux OS admin and Oracle and LDAP database.
· Good understanding of IP routing design is essential.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
· Min. 5 plus years experience in Network Engineering and/or Operations in a wireless environment with IP and min. 3 years of direct experience in IETF/ IEEE communication and messaging protocols.
· A sound knowledge of LTE-SAE/EPC, HSPA, CDMA and IP Core network infrastructure
· Min. 2 years of progressive experience in managing large projects across various departments.
· Experience negotiating with vendors for new technology and support agreements
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
· B. Sc. in Electrical, Communications or Systems Engineering, or an equivalent experience in telecommunications field would be an asset
· CCIE or CCNP/ CCDP accredited or equivalent experience
Interested candidates send resumes along with the rate expectations and availability.