Irving Oil Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Excellent workplace
Temporary Assignment (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB22 December 2014
Excellent place to aquire workplace experience to an industrial setting. Great enviorment within workplace and in additional activities such as support of cummunity activities.
average
Oil & Gas Technician (Current Employee) –  nova scotia26 June 2014
alot of traveling on call most of time, limited life balance
fun working environment
cashier (Former Employee) –  Oromocto, NB17 February 2014
I loved working here, i had lots of regular customers that would come in everyday to see me and have coffee, Managment was amazing they understood how a store should be run and did it smoothly,
Pros
great hours, great management
Cons
poor salary
Great work emvironment
Machine Analysis Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB5 January 2014
This is a great company to work for. High salaries plus benefits.
I liked it because I was doing what I studied for, analyzing the rotating equipment performance data. The team members were great as well plus I got so much support from senior staff
Pros
High salaries and Benefits
I worked for The subway section of Irving Oil
subway (Former Employee) –  Shelburne, NS21 November 2013
I worked for The subway section of Irving Oil.
A typical day was busy by rewarding. Time flies when you are busy,
Management was alright however I didn't like the fact you didn't go home with tips, but at the end of the month you went home with Irving gift certificates. I loved the employees I worked with, and the schedule I had. I enjoyed the customers talking, and the one lady who said she likes to see people cleaning the tables because it reassures her that it is clean.
Pros
A great work experience.
Cons
Being able to work with customers who are ignorant. ( Its a self control thing, just smile and bare it and you are okay)
Wanted a permanent position
Customer Management Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB5 November 2013
I loved my job working in the B2C department of Irving Oil. They are extremely good to their employees.
I became a pro at my job and often trained others. I worked extra hours and also took on some extra work from other departments that needed my help.
My day consisted of reconciling accounts, doing match offs, credits and rebills and working with a program called Peoplesoft.
I was hired through Adecco on a 3 month contract, but my contract was extended. I wanted a permanent position there so badly! I wanted to officially be part of the JDI team. As time passed, people I had trained (who were also hired from Adecco) were given full time employment. I would often ask my boss if there was anything I could do to also be offered a job. She would often say "in another few months" or "when we move over to the Aliant building" but I was never offered a full time, permanent position. I asked Adecco what I could do. They told me in order to apply for a permanent position, my current position would have to let me go. As long as I was tied to my department, another department couldn't take me on full time. So I put in my 2 weeks notice, determined to reapply and be rehired as an official employee. As I waited to get a reply to my resume, I took on more contract work and was hired for permanent position elsewhere. I never did hear from Irving again. Till this day I still reapply, but I do think perhaps I was misinformed and should have stayed.
Pros
Great employer, flexability for extra hours
Cons
Hard to advance
10 years in with a great company!
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB15 July 2013
Lots of work to be done. Lots of people to meet. Never a dull moment!
Good
Customer Service Representative - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB11 February 2013
Good - lots of room for advancement, nothing bad to say, everyone is friendly.
good
great culture
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB18 January 2013
enjoyable team environment, the ability to job shadow to learn more, multiple job opportuities
great job
CASHIER/GAS ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Hawkes Bay,NL14 January 2013
Left because my husband found a job elsewhere so I followed him,but this was a great job and by the time I came back this business was shut down and sold.
Pros
was close to home
Cons
closed
Irving Oil Ltd
Office Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Golden Ball Saint John N.b2 November 2012
Fantastic Company to work for,but buisness is buisness and they had to lay me off because of cut backs.Loved working for this company.
Pros
family orintated
clean facility
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB10 September 2012
good place to work,clean facilities and very safety aware. I was a shipper receiver and demolition of waste materials
Pros
lunch rooms
Cons
not enough work
Review
Employee (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB9 August 2012
Productive company to work for with good medical benifits. Great people as well.