Irving Oil Employee Reviews

Good
Customer Service Representative - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB11 February 2013
Good - lots of room for advancement, nothing bad to say, everyone is friendly.
Pros
good
10 years in with a great company!
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB15 July 2013
Lots of work to be done. Lots of people to meet. Never a dull moment!
good
payroll (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB28 December 2014
overall a decent place to work. hours good and coworkers were awesome.
Review
Employee (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB9 August 2012
Productive company to work for with good medical benifits. Great people as well.
average
Oil & Gas Technician (Current Employee) –  nova scotia26 June 2014
alot of traveling on call most of time, limited life balance
Wanted a permanent position
Customer Management Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB5 November 2013
I loved my job working in the B2C department of Irving Oil. They are extremely good to their employees.
I became a pro at my job and often trained others. I worked extra hours and also took on some extra work from other departments that needed my help.
My day consisted of reconciling accounts, doing match offs, credits and rebills and working with a program called Peoplesoft.
I was hired through Adecco on a 3 month contract, but my contract was extended. I wanted a permanent position there so badly! I wanted to officially be part of the JDI team. As time passed, people I had trained (who were also hired from Adecco) were given full time employment. I would often ask my boss if there was anything I could do to also be offered a job. She would often say "in another few months" or "when we move over to the Aliant building" but I was never offered a full time, permanent position. I asked Adecco what I could do. They told me in order to apply for a permanent position, my current position would have to let me go. As long as I was tied to my department, another department couldn't take me on full time. So I put in my 2 weeks notice, determined to reapply and be rehired as an official employee. As I waited to get a reply to my resume, I took on more contract work and was hired for permanent position elsewhere. I never did hear from Irving again. Till this day I still reapply, but I do think perhaps I was misinformed and should have stayed.
Pros
Great employer, flexability for extra hours
Cons
Hard to advance