Irving Oil Employee Review

Wanted a permanent position
Customer Management Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB5 November 2013
I loved my job working in the B2C department of Irving Oil. They are extremely good to their employees.
I became a pro at my job and often trained others. I worked extra hours and also took on some extra work from other departments that needed my help.
My day consisted of reconciling accounts, doing match offs, credits and rebills and working with a program called Peoplesoft.
I was hired through Adecco on a 3 month contract, but my contract was extended. I wanted a permanent position there so badly! I wanted to officially be part of the JDI team. As time passed, people I had trained (who were also hired from Adecco) were given full time employment. I would often ask my boss if there was anything I could do to also be offered a job. She would often say "in another few months" or "when we move over to the Aliant building" but I was never offered a full time, permanent position. I asked Adecco what I could do. They told me in order to apply for a permanent position, my current position would have to let me go. As long as I was tied to my department, another department couldn't take me on full time. So I put in my 2 weeks notice, determined to reapply and be rehired as an official employee. As I waited to get a reply to my resume, I took on more contract work and was hired for permanent position elsewhere. I never did hear from Irving again. Till this day I still reapply, but I do think perhaps I was misinformed and should have stayed.
Pros
Great employer, flexability for extra hours
Cons
Hard to advance

Other Irving Oil Employee Reviews

Good people, culture, work/life balance
Contact Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB16 February 2018
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work atmosphere/company culture
- Good opportunity for development and advancement
- Competitive salary and benefits
Fantastic people. Fantastic Job.
Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB12 February 2018
I had the pleasure of working as a student in the reliability engineering department. Students were treated like members of the team and I learned lots during my employment period there.

HR was accessible at any moment and ensured that our work and living situations were top notch.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Irving Oil. Our community is ready to answer.