Irving Oil Employee Review

Wanted a permanent position
Customer Management Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB5 November 2013
I loved my job working in the B2C department of Irving Oil. They are extremely good to their employees.
I became a pro at my job and often trained others. I worked extra hours and also took on some extra work from other departments that needed my help.
My day consisted of reconciling accounts, doing match offs, credits and rebills and working with a program called Peoplesoft.
I was hired through Adecco on a 3 month contract, but my contract was extended. I wanted a permanent position there so badly! I wanted to officially be part of the JDI team. As time passed, people I had trained (who were also hired from Adecco) were given full time employment. I would often ask my boss if there was anything I could do to also be offered a job. She would often say "in another few months" or "when we move over to the Aliant building" but I was never offered a full time, permanent position. I asked Adecco what I could do. They told me in order to apply for a permanent position, my current position would have to let me go. As long as I was tied to my department, another department couldn't take me on full time. So I put in my 2 weeks notice, determined to reapply and be rehired as an official employee. As I waited to get a reply to my resume, I took on more contract work and was hired for permanent position elsewhere. I never did hear from Irving again. Till this day I still reapply, but I do think perhaps I was misinformed and should have stayed.
Pros
Great employer, flexability for extra hours
Cons
Hard to advance

Other Irving Oil Employee Reviews

Good Local company
HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB7 November 2017
They are a good local company committed to their community. They do lots for celebrating achievements and are improving transparency and employee communication.
Great People
Asset Integrity Co-op Student (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB4 November 2017
Irving Oil is a great place to work. As an engineering student, I got meaningful work and was not bored at all. The people are very welcoming and the culture is great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Irving Oil. Our community is ready to answer.